Maryville vs Alcoa - Fottball talk only

drilltheJ

I feel like if both teams play their (A) game that, Alcoa gets the win. I don't feel like Maryville can stop the pure God given tallent that Aloca has IMO. GQ is definitely the better coach but that won't beat the speed of Alcoa's play makers on offense and defense. Maryville's Adam Cable is the only DL that really makes a difference and he can't beat Alcoa by himself. With the addition of Shiverdecker (leading rusher in 5A ball last year) to Alcoa's backfield and the power running of Lindsey, Maryville will be exausted by the 4th quarter from chasing these two. Alcoa's Line will win up front as well. Remember I said (A) game so, that means no fumbles. Maryville has plenty of offense as well. I just don't see it being a big factor against the strength and speed of Alcoa's defense. Especially the DE's (bw's backup is good), LB's and DB's. In the past years I have seen Alcoa teams get discourage because of Maryville relentless pounding they been known to dish out. This is not going to be a year where Maryville can pound the rock on Alcoa. I hope the refs. will let them play and show no favoritism. I look forward to seeing a great game and hope both teams can go all the way again.

825725844[/snapback]

Let's break this silliness down sports fans.

"I feel like if both teams play their (A) game that, Alcoa gets the win. I don't feel like Maryville can stop the pure God given talent that Alcoa has IMO"

God gave Maryville one of the finest programs in the south, just check the past 10 year winning percentage and the over-all success vs. Alcoa!

"GQ is definitely the better coach but that won't beat the speed of Alcoa's play makers on offense and defense."

Really! The last game this defense played it was under the big pressure of a State game vs. a more highly talented, faster, more physical and athletic team that Alcoa would be no match for.

"Maryville's Adam Cable is the only DL that really makes a difference and he can't beat Alcoa by himself."

Adam will lead the way, but you have no idea how fast Tucker is gonna be in Alcoa's backfield! Voto, Killebrew and now Wood play a very good fundamental DE and won't let that speed get outside and when Lawhan, Kimsey or Caylor get there someone’s getting hit. I look for several fumbles because of that alone.

"With the addition of Shiverdecker (leading rusher in 5A ball last year) to Alcoa's backfield and the power running of Lindsey, Maryville will be exhausted by the 4th quarter from chasing these two".

How many carries did Shiverdecker have on a not very good 5A team? Great runner but only one kid can carry the ball at a time. Fast is Fast, so what is the difference. And by the way who thinks Lindsey is a power runner? He won't running over to many players Maryville will be fielding.

"Alcoa's Line will win up front as well. Remember I said (A) game so, that means no fumbles. Maryville has plenty of offense as well. I just don't see it being a big factor against the strength and speed of Alcoa's defense. Especially the DE's (bw's backup is good), LB's and DB's. In the past years I have seen Alcoa teams get discourage because of Maryville relentless pounding they been known to dish out."

Maryville will still be relentless and won't be tired come 4th qtr, they have never been before, but Alcoa's has historically.

"This is not going to be a year where Maryville can pound the rock on Alcoa. I hope the refs. will let them play and show no favoritism."

Its time Alcoa fans get over the ref's as being the cause of their problems.

"I look forward to seeing a great game and hope both teams can go all the way again."

I agree 100% on that comment. Enjoy the game and let the best of the night win clean!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see how the Rebs adjust to the new scheme that Alcoa brings out!! I've been told that we could see a new wrinkle on Friday night!! :rolleyes:

825726166[/snapback]

I wouldn't sweat it flashy. We feel we have a fairly decent coaching staff. They might be able to come up with something.

Maryville will have to have success running the ball until the QB gets some confidene. I've heard that Baker (5'10-190) is a back that will be hard to bring down. I think if the Maryville QB has some positive throws early in the game, Maryville will a good chance at beating Alcoa. If the QB plays not to lose, then Maryville will have a hard time winning. I can't see Maryville playing not to lose, they seem to always play to win. If they are going to lose, they play to lose big, which means they play to win. There are no moral victories for them. Maryville's coaching staff has always taken chances. I think the one thing that has been successful for Maryville is that they have always played to win. I wouldn't be surprised if Maryville does an onside kick if they kick off first. They always seem to do the unexpected. They will take chances which in my mind makes a team more effective. When Maryville is outmanned, they seem to surprise by using surprising plays.

The Maryville front 7 is as good as Maryville has had in the last 10 years. Too bad #98 graduated as he was a heck of player but I still think Maryville has a decent shot at stopping Alcoa. They will be challenged by the great running backs Alcoa has. Maryville's D will have to carry the load as many have said for Maryville to beat Alcoa.

GQ and maryville will continue to run the offense like they always have by throwing the short and intermediate passes sprinkled in with the run. the last time they had an inexperienced qb, they won the state title and didnt do anything different from the year before. defensively, the rebs front 7 is as good as anybody's. alcoa will have to constantly put pressure on maryville's secondary and then that will open the run game more. they have some great backs so they may not have a hard time getting the run game going. i dont know much about alcoa's defense but they must have a good one from what ive heard from the preseason. this game should be decided by whoever can get there offense going and scoring when they're in the redzone. good luck to both teams on friday!