REG 3AA

MIDTN

Central girls will do well, but still need to step it up. Watched them last night against a very talented Maryville Heritage team. They stayed neck and neck the first quarter and a half then Heritage pulled away.

Central starts 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and 1 freshman. They are young and talented. 3 other freshmen are in the next 6 girls. They will be able to play 8

girls or so in tight contests and never miss a beat. 3 more can come in and rest the top 8 for brief times.

Tellico is loaded as is Tyner, and Brainerd is a question mark still out there.

This district will be fun to watch this year as will the local AAA teams.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to watching Central ballgames this year. They have talented seniors and juniors that are good leaders for the talented freshmen group. They are determined to be competitive with all others and go much farther in tournament play this year then last. I think this team will improve continuously as the season progresses and Coaches Morgan and Young will have them ready for tourney time.

As far as superstars and talent, there is one freshman that would rank up there with the three talented young ladies that started as freshmen a few years ago and are all playing great college ball now. Those three college players were excellent players in all sense of the word and continued the Charger pride and striving for excellence which continues with this group.

I also happen to know that the upperclassmen players are all very solid students and young ladies that will take them farther than ballplaying does for anyone.

You are right that McMinn Fire has not played AAU. The reason is the money that is needed to sign a team up. AAU is a good organization, but not the only one. McMinn Fire is not a recruiting source. If so, there are some folks that should be working at some major universities picking tallent, because these young ladies have been playing together since they were 9 and 10 yrs old. Except for one or two young ladies, they are all from McMinn County. In the last couple of yrs they have only lost one tourn and that was playing up two years and they still won second, and lost a close game at that. I'm not saying that they are the best this state has ever seen, nor that they have the best player that Central has ever seen, but it is the best class as a whole that I can remember in watching McMinn Central in the last 25 yrs, and I'm willing to bet they are the best class Central has ever had. Follow that up with a very good group of 8th graders coming up next year and it will be a tough team coming on.

Thanks for making my point for me by saying "except for one or two, all of these girls are from McMinn Co."............

Thanks for making my point for me by saying "except for one or two, all of these girls are from McMinn Co."............

Since you insist on pushing the issue. The "one or two" came to the try outs that the team has each year. They were good enough to make the team, but did not contribute much to the team. They played a year, weren't happy with the lack of playing time and left to play on other teams where they could get more floor time. The starting five players are ALL from McMinn Co. with the next four players all being from McMinn Co. There were two players that live in Meigs, and since there were no other teams closer, they played with McMinn Fire. They are decent utility players, but not the heart of the team. It sounds like sour grapes for me to have to say this and even sourer grapes for you to keep the subject alive. So SOUR GRAPES.

Central girls will do well, but still need to step it up. Watched them last night against a very talented Maryville Heritage team. They stayed neck and neck the first quarter and a half then Heritage pulled away.

I too saw the game against Maryville Heritage. I was not as happy with the effort of McMinn Central as you make it sound. I was disappointed with the effort of the young ladies that should, and want to be, leaders on that team. There was no hustle, no pressure defense, no rebounding, no working to get the ball inside, no ball movement on offense, no one moving well without the ball, to much waiting for someone else to perform... I could go on and on. There is alot of work to get done before the the season begins, and I'm not sure there is that much time. There are alot of questions that run through my mind as I watch these young ladies play, and I'm not sure where to find the answers.

Bright spots for this team.

Coach Morgan: He knows what it takes to get on top. He is amoung the best of coaches in my book. The number of wins over the number years shows that it is not good players, for they come and go, it's good coaching.

Coach Young: Perhaps one of the best head coaches no one knowes about. He is very dedicated to the young ladies on the team, and to helping those that are in the pipe for the coming years. The young ladies that play for him would walk through a burning building if he suggested it.

Freshmen Class: You didn't get to see them all play together. Even during the JV game, there were some Juniors and a sophomore that was thrown in. These ladies run and gun and are good at it. Put in a couple of slower players and they look below average, but set them together and they are GOOD.

Sorry MCHSfan, just more optimistic. I see 4 returning starters that have improved over last years 16 or 17 win season and want to go farther come tournament time then just the region. Only two of the starters are seniors so the outlook will continue to improve for the blue and white as the younger ones gain experience. I am confident in the leadership and step up ability of the 4 returning starters. I see 4 very strong freshmen including one starter and three others in the next five that will provide much needed bench strength.

November to February and tournament time is a long time. A lot of maturity will happen as a team. Johnny and Joe will get them there if anyone can, you know that.

Tomorrow at Walker Valley will fill in some more blanks. Maryville Heritage is a top notch team that shows up anybody's weak areas. I wish we scrimmaged M. Heritage all the time to continue to strengthen things.

At this point I am praying for all to stay healthy, unlike last year's devastating loss.

That is the major worry I have at this point.

Since you insist on pushing the issue. The "one or two" came to the try outs that the team has each year. They were good enough to make the team, but did not contribute much to the team. They played a year, weren't happy with the lack of playing time and left to play on other teams where they could get more floor time. The starting five players are ALL from McMinn Co. with the next four players all being from McMinn Co. There were two players that live in Meigs, and since there were no other teams closer, they played with McMinn Fire. They are decent utility players, but not the heart of the team. It sounds like sour grapes for me to have to say this and even sourer grapes for you to keep the subject alive. So SOUR GRAPES.

The only team closer for the Meigs players would have actually been the team FROM Meigs......

You guys had better watch out for McMinn Central, The incoming Freshman have all been on the McMinn Fire AAu basketball team for the last 5 years. They competed in tournaments all over the state and most of them were in an age division 1 to 2 years older than the starters on the team.. They won almost all of these tourneys and are considered the best in this state. Kylie Lambert will most likely start as a Freshman and will soon be named as Miss Tennessee Basketball in the next 4 years. I predict that McMinn Central will be in the state tournament this year and will win it next year. GO CHARGERETTES!!

Where does your info come from that they are considered to be the best in the state?

yea they dont mean a thing...sequoyah had a very bad year last year but the have been kicking their own butts to get better everyday...to not have to go through that embarassment again! We work hard and we are really young...we have 2 seniors and a whole bunch of talented freshmen! We have a dedicated coach...so be ready the chiefs might be ready to bring it!

You are so right. Everyone looks down on the Lady Chiefs but they have some very loyal fans that will stick with them. This group of wonderful young ladies have worked very hard to get better.So District teams watch out for these Lady Chief, you laughed at them last year , we wll see who has the last laugh.

Good Luck Lady Chiefs.