Franklin advances to 2-0

ftballkicker

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin better not get to comfortable at 2 - 0.

Sloppy tackling, secondary needs to tighten up, running game needs work (take away 2 big runs and not much else to get excited with).

It's been a long time since I saw anyone be tougher than Franklin - but tonight I thought Oakland pushed us around.

I will say, Good teams make their own breaks - tonight, a blocked field goal returned 70 yards, and an interception at the goal line stopping another Oakland drive was the difference in the game.

Oakland looked as good as advertised, crisp passing attack, good ground game, just too many turnovers.

Franklin needs to get their heads on and eliminate the mental mistakes - 13 penalties last wek, 12 tonight.

Good to be 2 - 0, lots to improve on.

BigDogDaddy called me last night and in his words - ugliest win in at least 3 years or so in Franklin. And while it sounds like there is much work to do, I'm not too worried. Why? Well, faninthestand took one of the reasons right out of my mouth: good teams make their own breaks, they find a way to win even on a night when they're not playing too good. Also, it is JUST Week 1. While it sounds as if Franklin took a step back from last week, it must be considered that they came storming right out of the gates last week on defense and special teams and the outcome was never in question. Mistakes that carry over from last week look a bit more significant in this game. I would much rather get a bad game out of the way now instead of later on in the season. And while it isn't an excuse, Franklin is coming off that huge victory and do have that huge region game next week - I hope they weren't looking ahead. But if the Rebs were, well, take this as a lesson. You can't do that - you won't get lucky again. As BigDogDaddy said to me, special teams can't bail you out every week - especially in Region 6-5A.

But, we survived. Let's get refocused to take on the tough Ravenwood Raptors.

Franklin better not get to comfortable at 2 - 0.

Sloppy tackling, secondary needs to tighten up, running game needs work (take away 2 big runs and not much else to get excited with).

It's been a long time since I saw anyone be tougher than Franklin - but tonight I thought Oakland pushed us around.

I will say, Good teams make their own breaks - tonight, a blocked field goal returned 70 yards, and an interception at the goal line stopping another Oakland drive was the difference in the game.

Oakland looked as good as advertised, crisp passing attack, good ground game, just too many turnovers.

Franklin needs to get their heads on and eliminate the mental mistakes - 13 penalties last wek, 12 tonight.

Good to be 2 - 0, lots to improve on.

825728997[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words....esp saying OHS was as good as advertised. I am very very proud of our boys. Actually we had 2 INTS against us and a fumble. So counting the blocked field goal which was a definite momentum changer......4 big turnovers killed us. I thought our D did a good job and our O moved the ball very well. And our kids didn't quit.

We were able to get to #9 several times. Truthfully I thought your biggest threat was #1, Campbell. When we would have you 3rd and LONGGGG....#9 would get it to Campblell and he would get the job done. He is an excellent player. Best of luck to Franklin on the remainder of your season. I hope to see you again down the road. I would love to avenge this one.

As usual I thoroughly enjoyed talking to the REBEL fans last night. And when I broke down and was going to go buy a Dog...they were ALL sold out. WHEWWWWWW!!!

Now as for praise for my boys!!!!!! Shane "the BULLDOZER" Blissard went in for the only score. He battled his way on one play to get the first and it was absolutlely AMAZING the way he fought for that one yd.

I applaud our DEFENSE. Although you would think by looking at the score that they may not have played well....think again. When you face a team that scored 54 points last week and hold them to 26...you have done well. Esp since one of the scores was scored on our Field Goal unit. I had heard that Franklin scored 3 times on punt returns.....but that was not a factor last night. Again let me say that we shot ourselves in the foot and basically Franklin scored b/c our turnovers. Big Kaelin Griffith stepped up.....and #29 , Daryl Barney made a stick that brought the crowd to its feet. Lil Mac was definitely making me awful proud. He got up close and personal with Mikruit. Cord Cowan also made some crucial stops. I am really proud of the way Cord has made his mark this season. D-line looked real good. Franklin got some breaks, but the PAIN TRAIN kept right on chugging.

Sam Youree, Drew Hodge, Shane Blissard, PJ Polk all caught great passes and came thru at big moments foir 1st downs. Cord Cowan made the abslute best run...he had so much speed and momentum that he couldn't stay in bounds. If he had been able to stay in bounds....TD baby. We had the ball basically the entire 3rd Q......but no points to show for it. :( But Sam had 6 catches for 119 yds. thumb And Cord had around 75 0n the ground. Josh Fleming was his usual SMOOOOOTh self.

We may have lost ....but this one will help us down the road. I am a HUGE believer in when you play a top ten team that it reaps rewards later.

Edited by 2priceless

u rebel fans have sum class all rite.

thanks 4 givin ohs sum props.

i was gettin recaps by cell all night & it sounds like ohs coughed it up after puttin in a lot of work. how many first dowsn did we get, region? no matter the score, ohs gave franktown a lil scare. i guess both teams will be better 4 this game. good luck to rebels the rest of the way.

I heard that Titus got banged up last night?  How's he doing?

825729302[/snapback]

Was he your #20?? If so....yes he got hurt on a play late in the game. I was not sure what exactly happened even tho it was on our side, but it looked like he was struggling with his leg. The weird thing is that I never saw a FHS coach over there with him. he was helped off the field and I hope he recovers. He is a good lil runner.

oland.....we had 18 first downs. You would have laughed at Luter filming on top of the pressbox. He looked like he was dying to get in.

Edited by 2priceless

looks like oakland is the real deal this year.. i havent seen them play but i would bet to say that they are gonna be in a good fight for 2nd in the region this year with wilson central and smyrna.. good luck to the pats the rest of the year except when you play the dale

825729420[/snapback]

I really appreciate the kudos Boro Balla. Your opinion has always been one that I HIGHLY respected. Our boys work so hard. It would be easy to lay down and make excuses, but they keep on fighting.

I want to thank whoever was responsible for putting together the OHS program this year. The color pics are magnificent and the candids were wonderful. A job EXTREMELY well-done and simply the BEST program that I have seen in all my years of following OHS football. KUDOS!!!

Also I really liked whoever that was doing the play by play.....esp the reference to Lascassas. TOOO FUNNY. I like how he was getting into the spirit of the game. I hope he is permanent!

Edited by 2priceless

Ok, so Titus got hurt. THey didnt play well? And i hear John Bell had an off night that i am sure he will bounce back from. These are all things that will happen early in the season, but Franklin better get ready to strap thigns back up next week becaue Ravenwood is no pushover team this year. Had updates from their game aginast BA and it sounds like RHS shot themselves in the foot holding on to the ball. Congrats on the win boys but make sure you guys come out next week and have a good week of practice. Dirty, keep your head high and your confidence where it should be. You have to forget the good and the bad, youve experienced both now so come back next week and show everyone what you can do.