The Big Orange Rumble. . .

rSquared

I remember 2 years ago at Coalfield, one of the best games I've ever seen(from the sideline of course :thumb: ). Oneida was running track as CYJacket would say, outgaining the Coalfield O by a lot but still lost the game, seems like last year's was that way too. If Oneida gets a break in either one of those it MAY have been a different game. This one will be just as good as the past three.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember 2 years ago at Coalfield, one of the best games I've ever seen(from the sideline of course  ;) ). Oneida was running track as CYJacket would say, outgaining the Coalfield O by a lot but still lost the game, seems like last year's was that way too. If Oneida gets a break in either one of those it MAY have been a different game. This one will be just as good as the past three.

825736117[/snapback]

Still remember that quote Ro? Man, that was a long time ago and a lot of yard gained on both sides of this rivalry.

Your old coach seems to be a real classy guy.

4 1/2 hours till kickoff can't wait & im finally gonna give my score here I know in recent years its been a close ball game & everyone wants to see it again & so do I but something tells me Coalfields will win this 28-7 I dont know why im going away from what history is showing us just something tells me its not gonna be the same.

Edited by CMS

All I can say is you cant beat any team with 8 turnovers. Lambert's defense played with backs to the wall all night and Wampler's O had a freshman quarterback Torrey Slaven running the show. was impressed with #21 at reciever (Brown) and #53 on the line (Coker I believe). The jackets are a good team but it will be different next time around with Zach Lambert back. Keep those heads up Indians because 1 game dont make a season. We will get another shot later down the road. I do think Coalfield has a lot of me me players and they got away with showboating. Oneida get ready for Williamsburg, I know Coach Burchfield will have you all fired back up.

All I can say is you cant beat any team with 8 turnovers. Lambert's defense played with backs to the wall all night and Wampler's O had a freshman quarterback Torrey Slaven running the show. was impressed with #21 at reciever (Brown) and #53 on the line (Coker I believe). The jackets are a good team but it will be different next time around with Zach Lambert back. Keep those heads up Indians because 1 game dont make a season. We will get another shot later down the road. I do think Coalfield has a lot of me me players and they got away with showboating. Oneida get ready for Williamsburg, I know Coach Burchfield will have you all fired back up.

825737957[/snapback]

ask me ,

you are an embarrasement to the oneida team fans ect. you ran your mouth all week and gave coalfield plenty of bulletin board material. they played without their qb also. we all knew going in it would be a defensive game ,and the team that made the fewest mistakes would win. i call not protecting the ball coaching, as well as giving a a halfback pass on 3rd or 4th and long for a touchdwon from near midfield!!! our defense played ok for the most part, but also explain all the missed tackles davis broke, and giving up another touchdown on 4th and goal from the 8 when everybody in the whole stadium it had to be a pass play? coalfield palyed a good game last night and was the better team . it was the most lopsided loss from a coalfield team in my years of following oneida football. hats off to them, i hope we meet again.

Edited by THEMENTOR!

ask me ,

i call not protecting the ball coaching, as well as giving a a halfback pass on 3rd or 4th and long for a touchdwon from near midfield!!! our defense played ok for the most part, but also explain all the missed tackles davis broke, and giving up another touchdown on 4th and goal from the 8 when everybody in the whole stadium it had to be a pass play? 

825737995[/snapback]

Explain the missed tackles, that's easy these are high school kids. Also, Davis runs hard, Oneida missed tackles when Coach Daniels was there, when Coach May was there, they missed tackles with co-head coaches, and they will be missing tackles 100yrs from now, just like everybody else. The half back pass play, you are right everyone in the stadium knew it was coming, Coach Lambert only told the defense that about 20 times, the other TD pass was blown coverage. You can't go play for them, you coach them and tell them what to do, but the kids have to do it. Last night Coalfeld did it and Oneida didn't.