Cookeville @ Coffee Co.

DJthekid190

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnovers have killed Coffee County this year. But in the second half Coffee County has played phenomenal. In the Brentwood game it was 41-7 at the half. at the end of the game it was 41-10. In shelbyville we had 4 turnovers in the first half. Then we had the 2nd string in in the 4th quarter. Cookeville though has all those seniors coming back while Coffee County is starting a handful of sophomores. But the game is played in Coffee County this year and dont think weve gotton over losing to the region champs by 1 point!. But Cookeville is going to be a force this year. Alot of people are predicting blowouts. That is ridiculous after they beat us by 1 point. People shouldnt underestimate Coffee County at least not this year. Our boys will be ready to play. And the Brentwood game was a beating. But they only had like 50 more total yeards then we did. Turnovers kill us. That is something I know Coach Price is working on. The way I see it if Cookeville comes out early and forces turnovers and keeps it up in the 2nd half we may be in trouble. But i dont see that happening. I know soem of u disagree but the way I see it its our first region game at home against the team that beat us by 1 stinking point that we havent forgotton about. If Coffee keeps it close after the first half and we just hold on to the dang ball and William le' Hawkins plays the way he did the first 2 games, then I think we have a good chance. There will NOT be a blowout in this one. Im gonna go with the hometeam by 10 points. But Im gonna say Cookeville has the lead for a while. Im thinking the score will be around 24-14. Best of luck to both teams. This will be an awesome game!!! If any of u can see if u can make the trip down here. I dont think ull be disappointed.

The Cavs should win out, but they haven't proven yet they are better than last years team. Last years team was defeated by Lebanon in a nail biter and then blew Lebanon out in the tourney. Then their only other lost was to Riverdale in the quarterfinals-but so did everyone else loose to Riverdale last year as well. The Cavs did score on Rivredale which hadn't been scored on in 30 something quarters.

I like this year's Cavs but I think that lack a little meanness which was present on last years team. Somebody needs to step up and smack somebody in the mouth as Coach J often says.

I predict the Cavs by 14

Edited by disgustedfan

Turnovers have killed Coffee County this year. But in the second half Coffee County has played phenomenal. In the Brentwood game it was 41-7 at the half. at the end of the game it was 41-10. In shelbyville we had 4 turnovers in the first half. Then we had the 2nd string in  in the 4th quarter. Cookeville though has all those seniors coming back while Coffee County is starting a handful of sophomores. But the game is played in Coffee County this year and dont think weve gotton over losing to the region champs by 1 point!. But Cookeville is going to be a force this year. Alot of people are predicting blowouts. That is ridiculous after they beat us by 1 point. People shouldnt underestimate Coffee County at least not this year. Our boys will be ready to play. And the Brentwood game was a beating. But they only had like 50 more total yeards then we did. Turnovers kill us. That is something I know Coach Price is working on. The way I see it if Cookeville comes out early and forces turnovers and keeps it up in the 2nd half we may be in trouble. But i dont see that happening. I know soem of u disagree but the way I see it its our first region game at home against the team that beat us by 1 stinking point that we havent forgotton about. If Coffee keeps it close after the first half and we just hold on to the dang ball and William le' Hawkins plays the way he did the first 2 games, then I think we have a good chance. There will NOT be a blowout in this one. Im gonna go with the hometeam by 10 points. But Im gonna say Cookeville has the lead for a while. Im thinking the score will be around 24-14. Best of luck to both teams. This will be an awesome game!!! If any of u can see if u can make the trip down here. I dont think ull be disappointed.

825732841[/snapback]

If Coffee Co. is as good a second half team as you say, then the second half of this game should be a great one. Cookeville, so far, has been the same way. Down 21-6 to Ooltewah, they came out and held them scoreless in the second half until the OT game winner. Against White Co, same thing. 7-0 Cookeville at the half, and they blew them out in the second winning 35-6. I wish I could be there to see this one if this is the case. Does anyone know what station in Coffee Co. will be carrying this game, and do they have a website that I could listen to it over the net? Otherwise, I'll just drive Fuggly crazy and call him during the game like I did last week! :D

If Coffee Co. is as good a second half team as you say, then the second half of this game should be a great one.  Cookeville, so far, has been the  same way.  Down 21-6 to Ooltewah, they came out and held them scoreless in the second half until the OT game winner.  Against White Co, same thing.  7-0 Cookeville at the half, and they blew them out in the second winning 35-6.  I wish I could be there to see this one if this is the case.  Does anyone know what station in Coffee Co. will be carrying this game, and do they have a website that I could listen to it over the net?  Otherwise, I'll just drive Fuggly crazy and call him during the game like I did last week! :lol:

825733204[/snapback]

1320 AM The Groove

I love it, Cookeville is a great team with a lot of older players and the Raiders are very talented and very young this could be the downfall for Coffee, but I don't think it will be a blow-out either way, maybe a nail biter like last year but the out-come could be different this time around, if the big red can hold on to the football.

Edited by 5A football fan