Jeff Co. at Campbell Co.

Sg0C0ugs

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey jc4life, tell us about that jeff co. game fri.  is mo west anything special off. or def.  not getting a feel for this game as of yet.

825731555[/snapback]

Nothing special on defense, offense did some good things. With time, the passing game could become potent. There was mix ups between the QB's and WR's throughout the game, one of the problems with the 2 QB system. McFall ran well considering the lack of holes to run through, and being a freshman.

Nothing special on defense, offense did some good things. With time, the passing game could become potent. There was mix ups between the QB's and WR's throughout the game, one of the problems with the 2 QB system. McFall ran well considering the lack of holes to run through, and being a freshman.

825732187[/snapback]

Don't know what you were watching Friday night JC but holes were there. I'm not throwing off on McFall because I thought he did a fine job especially being a Freshman and I only look for him to get better. But you have to be patient and hit the hole created and not try to make something happen. As McFall realized this is not Middle school ball anymore and you can't break things to the outside and get away from people. Be patient and stick with your lineman and then explode through the hole created. QB was rushed some but also passed up wide open receivers allowing DB's to come and break up passes thrown too late. First game and I expect things to get better.

You have been down on the o-line since forever. I know 2 lineman that would like to find out who you are and line up on them!!!!!! BASH BROTHERS!! Take the visors off and suit up big boy!

Both teams come in winless, who will come out victorious?

CC-14

JC-10

825730382[/snapback]

both teams need a win in a big time way...teh wimmer gets a much needed confidnece boost...teh loser gets..well they get a dose of reality in what might become a very very very long season...the return of johnson gives teh edge to CC...cougars win at home!!!

Don't know what you were watching Friday night JC but holes were there. I'm not throwing off on McFall because I thought he did a fine job especially being a Freshman and I only look for him to get better. But you have to be patient and hit the hole created and not try to make something happen. As McFall realized this is not Middle school ball anymore and you can't break things to the outside and get away from people. Be patient and stick with your lineman and then explode through the hole created. QB was rushed some but also passed up wide open receivers allowing DB's to come and break up passes thrown too late. First game and I expect things to get better.

You have been down on the o-line since forever. I know 2 lineman that would like to find out who you are and line up on them!!!!!! BASH BROTHERS!! Take the visors off and suit up big boy!

825732999[/snapback]

I thought the offensive line looked its best for the year. We are not strong enough to line up and run it straight ahead - but we can - if we mix in some mis-direction, option and roll out passing. The statue of liberty play was awesome and it allowed our line to use its speed and use a pulling guard.

Its hard for a RB to be too patient when the holes haven't been very big for most of the year. McFall is learning and he will get better. He knows this isn't middle school after being hit like he was Friday night. DO YOU THING SHIVY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN MANY MORE YARDS ?

I was pleased with the offense ....especially the line.......now the defensive line is another story...

That my friend, is why I said "correct me if Im wrong." But the fact that I got the team wrong doesnt take away from the fact that it was a questionable call at best. Anywho.

This game could be a character builder for JC, but then again it could be the second step in a winless season. I dont see playoffs in our future but this is an important game to see how the rest of the season goes.

Im not calling for Coach's head just yet, but just in case im sharpening my axe.

825731873[/snapback]

I think Coach U is a fine coach and is showing the ability to adapt his play calling to his talent level. It pisses me off when people associate winning with character. IF you go 2-8, does that mean you don't have any character??? I've been on a state championship team and a losing team and believe me, it takes more character to go out and get beat up week after week when your losing.

I know its hard for long-term Jefferson County people to acknowledge that our talent level is down and it has NOTHING to do with some kids leaving....maybe 1

I thing this team will show alot of character and play its best week after week.

The next 3+ years should show improvement as the younger players mature and isn't that what you want. WHAT 'S YOUR RECORD? Let me guess...0-0 but in your mind your undefeated. Shut up about sharpening your ax, get a teaching position in the school system....get a coaching job and EARN the right to be so critical.....Despite what you hear about last years team, this years team loves and respects him.....you should to until your record is better than his.

Edited by patriot pride

I thought the offensive line looked its best for the year.  We are not strong enough to line up and run it straight ahead -  but we can - if we mix in some mis-direction, option and roll out passing.  The statue of liberty play was awesome and it allowed our line to use its speed and use a pulling guard. 

Its hard for a RB to be too patient when the holes haven't been very big for most of the year.  McFall is learning and he will get better.  He knows this isn't middle school after being hit like he was Friday night.  DO YOU THING SHIVY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN MANY MORE YARDS ?

I was pleased with the offense ....especially the line.......now the defensive line is another story...

825733033[/snapback]

Yes, Shivy would have a lot more yards. I agree completely with you statement that "mixing it up" will provide more opportunities for whoever is carrying the ball. I was really impressed with the play calling last week, however, Shivy didn't have that luxury last year.

What happened on the defense? I know we lost alot of last years starters and that our defense is young. I know the West offense is strong but we seemed out of place all night. I was Smoot's biggest fan last year. We looked unprepared and unmotivated. Is Smoot still in charge of the defense? Maybe he can put it together for CC, we will have fresh film.

I think Coach U is a fine coach and is showing the ability to adapt his play calling to his talent level.  It pisses me off when people associate winning with character. IF you go 2-8, does that mean you don't have  any character???  I've been on a state championship team and a losing team and believe me, it takes more character to go out and get beat up week after week when your losing. 

I know its hard for long-term Jefferson County people to acknowledge that our talent level is down and it has NOTHING to do with some kids leaving....maybe 1

I thing this team will show alot of character and play its best week after week.

The next 3+ years should show improvement as the younger players mature and isn't that what you want.    WHAT 'S YOUR RECORD?  Let me guess...0-0 but in your mind your undefeated.  Shut up about sharpening your ax, get a teaching position in the school system....get a coaching job and EARN the right to be so critical.....Despite what you hear about last years team, this years team loves and respects him.....you should to until your record is better than his.

825733075[/snapback]

Give me a break! Shivy could make holes where none existed--he would have gained many more yards. Talent level? Only one quality player gone? Is your head in the sand? Are you blinded by so-called loyalty? I support the team as it is and I don't have to lie to myself about the talent that's gone and the issues that are there. Why do you feel that you have to say that the team is better than it is in order to be supportive? You demean several good-great athletes by pretending that they would not make this team better. The kids that are still playing play with heart and enthusiasm and I appreciate their effort but you show that you know little about football if you believe the team's performance would not be much better with four-five former players on the field. I know of one all world (Shivy) and can think of two that could have been all conference type players and a few more that left last year that we'll never know how good they could have been. Please support the Patriots by being realistic in your evaluations, not pollyanish.

This games so hard to predict!!!!!! someones walking away with a victory and maybe the only one on the year!!!!!! The return of johnson and the apparent dissaray of the pats make this game seem like a miserable pick for the winner (gives me a headache). Not that the ccchs faithful mind (lol), missed them the last couple of days after the loss. I'm going to end this headache and pick ccchs by 6 just because they will be at home and rejuvinated with johnsons return. Suprise ccchs faithful I went with you this game. By the way where is cougarman84 haven't seen him in forever, have you been banned by wells from posting?

Give me a break!  Shivy could make holes where none existed--he would have gained many more yards.  Talent level?  Only one quality player gone?  Is your head in the sand?  Are you blinded by so-called loyalty?  I support the team as it is and I don't have to lie to myself about the talent that's gone and the issues that are there.  Why do you feel that you have to say that the team is better than it is in order to be supportive?  You demean several good-great athletes by pretending that they would not make this team better.  The kids that are still playing play with heart and enthusiasm and I appreciate their effort but you show that you know little about football if you believe the team's performance would not be much better with four-five former players on the field.  I know of one all world (Shivy) and can think of two that could have been all conference type players and a few more that left last year that we'll never know how good they could have been.  Please support the Patriots by being realistic in your evaluations, not pollyanish.

825733246[/snapback]

I said one and I meant Shivy. Since you are so smart and all knowing, tell me about all of those players...who are these other 4 or 5? Name them or shut the heck up. I didn't realize that i was demeaning anyone. What issues, there is not any issues on THIS team and if you were involved with them, you would know.

So give the list.

Pats 17 CC 14

Edited by patriot pride

I think Coach U is a fine coach and is showing the ability to adapt his play calling to his talent level.  It pisses me off when people associate winning with character. IF you go 2-8, does that mean you don't have  any character???  I've been on a state championship team and a losing team and believe me, it takes more character to go out and get beat up week after week when your losing. 

I know its hard for long-term Jefferson County people to acknowledge that our talent level is down and it has NOTHING to do with some kids leaving

825733075[/snapback]

Sorry but I completely disagree. Yes the talent level is down compared to the years before, but not nearly as far down. Are you actually trying to tell me that with Ben Wolfe, Heath, Steven Solomon, Shawn Hodge, Robbie Russell, Dallas Crouch, Dejuan Harris, Shivy, and yes Chad Williams, this team wouldn`t be MUCH better. Not only better, but MUCH more experienced. Those are just the guys off the top of my head

What happened on the defense? I know we lost a lot of last years starters and that our defense is young. I know the West offense is strong but we seemed out of place all night. I was Smoot's biggest fan last year. We looked unprepared and unmotivated. Is Smoot still in charge of the defense? Maybe he can put it together for CC, we will have fresh film.
We just got pushed around up front. Doesn`t matter what the plan is if you can`t beat the man in front of you. The front 7 is just too small to face power running teams, which has me worried about CC.

Let's be honest the o-line has been less than spectacular. Now I agree that the line looked their best last friday, but there were still too many defenders getting into the backfield at will.

Bash Brothers huh?

Why don`t you tell them to worry about the guys they`ll be lining up against the rest of the season than me.