• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what does dl have this year?

825730907[/snapback]

On offense, look for:

1 Quarterback

2 Running Backs

5 Linemen

1 Tight End (should probably just be counted as a lineman, not like he'll catch anything)

1 Wingback

1 Split End

And defense:

2 Safeties

2 Corners

2 Outside Linebackers

1 Middle Linebacker

1 "Stud" (an End for the uninitiated)

2 Defensive Ends

1 Defensive Tackle

That's 11 on both sides. Pretty standard. The real question is more about how these guys are going to play. I think they'll take it up a notch from last week.

DL - 13

Page - 10

Edited by hsballguy

hows lipscomb's field looking

825734234[/snapback]

The field is holding up very well. It is looking the best it has in several years. The Purple Shoe Gang will have it painted and ready for action on Friday. What's the Purple Shoe Gang? Check out www.mustangfanpage.com to find out.

It will be a great game on Friday night and I encourage everyone not dedicated to a particular HS team to come on out and enjoy great 3A action! Should be one of the best games of the week as both teams are picked at the top of the region.

Look for the Mustangs to rebound this week. They were down after last Friday's game against a good Greenbrier team and know the task at hand will be a tough one against a strong veteran bunch of Page Patriots. But they will be ready!

Edited by stampede

I saw where the Mustangs only attempted to throw the ball 5 times against Greenbrier this past Friday. I realize it may have had a lot to do with the weather conditions, but I personally think that Coach Mac should open up the passing game a little more to keep the box from having 8 defenders in it every down. If some sort of passing game is established then holes will be opened up for the powerful running backs, Matt Elrod and Blake Neelley. Ford Hillin is a good receiver and should have chances to make plays. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?!?

I saw where the Mustangs only attempted to throw the ball 5 times against Greenbrier this past Friday.  I realize it may have had a lot to do with the weather conditions, but I personally think that Coach Mac should open up the passing game a little more to keep the box from having 8 defenders in it every down.  If some sort of passing game is established then holes will be opened up for the powerful running backs, Matt Elrod and Blake Neelley.  Ford Hillin is a good receiver and should have chances to make plays.  Anyone else have any thoughts on this?!?

825735818[/snapback]

Hey How do you pronounce your name? Is it like Bookem Dano or is it like No-NO- Bad dog? Got to get back to grading some Math Papers.

Amazing!!! Page is 2-0 and DL is 0-1 and yet all of the experts pick DL to win.....and that includes Lockridge of the Tennessean again.

Winner gains big-time momentum in the region.

I see that DL is gearing up to stop Mac on the ground. Bone, I sure hope those "hoggies" are ready to go!. If I were DL I would be very concerned on how to score on the Page D.

My concern is special teams play

My prediction for the week. ......Page 13-7

Guest catfish-hunter
Amazing!!! Page is 2-0 and DL is 0-1 and yet all of the experts pick DL to win.....and that includes Lockridge of the Tennessean again.

825735904[/snapback]

That is why I am picking Lipscomb right there. They are tough defensively and will be even tougher after last week's loss at Greenbrier. page on the other hand is too busy patting themselves on the shoulder after beating a down White House team and they may be in for a rude awakening. McMurray will fins yards tough to come by against that defense plain and simple :thumb:

Winner gains big-time momentum in the region.

I see that DL is gearing up to stop Mac on the ground. Bone, I sure hope those "hoggies" are ready to go!. If I were DL I would be very concerned on how to score on the Page D.

My concern is special teams play

My prediction for the week. ......Page 13-7

825735904[/snapback]

And we ALL know how "accurate" Lockridge is..... :thumb: