Union City @ Lake County

treefitty74

I read our local paper a few minutes ago and it stated the U.C-Westview game was a lot closer than the score..It said U.C.lost 4 fumbles in their own territory,leaving Westview a short field to score..It talked how U.C was loaded with a 6'10 Brice Moran,weighing 295 and having 57 players and 25 seniors..And to top it off.a all-state calibre running back transferred from Mississippi,and had go- the- distance speed...It looks to be a mis-match....I just hope we don't get too scared and stay in the dressing room...I may stay home myself...I see no way we can win..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read our local paper a few minutes ago and it stated the U.C-Westview  game was a lot closer than the score..It said U.C.lost 4 fumbles in their own territory,leaving Westview a short field to score..It talked how U.C was loaded with a 6'10 Brice Moran,weighing 295 and having 57 players and 25 seniors..And to top it off.a all-state calibre running back transferred from Mississippi,and had go- the- distance speed...It looks to be a mis-match....I just hope we don't get too scared and stay in the dressing room...I may stay home myself...I see no way we can win..

825734963[/snapback]

The 6'10" guy is Wes Carr not Bryce Moran....He has been in the program 4 years and I believe this is his first year to start...Matter of fact Don Coady of Westview thought he had transferred into UC because he said he didn't remember the Tornadoes having anyone that big on the team last year....The Coleman kid must be pretty good,he only carried the ball around 10 times Friday but gained around 80-85 yards..Makes you wonder why he didn't get more touches....

Well, I don't want this to sound negative toward my ol' alma mater, but when everyone speaks of UC's experience and games against good competition, you all need to make note of two very important facts:

(1.) There is such a thing as bad experience. UC is 5-17 dating back to the 2002 playoff loss and has lost 11 straight at home.

(2.) UC has played tough competition and lost. All you get from that is mounting losses.

Go back and look at Union City since the 2003 season opener. They miss tackles, they don't hold on to the ball, they make mistakes at critical times.

I want Union City to win, but, crap, they have to prove they can win before I'll believe they will win.

Who knows, though, this could be the turning point game for the whole program. I sure hope so. Two-plus years of this is long enough for a program that was within seconds and inches of two 2A state championships in the very recent past.

Yes, exactly, come playoff time Union City will be ready for tough competition cause they played Westview and Milan, not Byhailia,MS.

825735104[/snapback]

Byahlia looked about like a middle school team in more way than one....size, speed, execution, aggressiveness.... I think UC prepared themselves better in losing to Westview than beating a middle school team.... After looking at the heels of Markei Guy for four quarters, i don't think anyone on LC can compare to him... I've seen both teams and I'm picking UC by more than a couple of TD's.... It'll be a barn burner....at the kickoff of the game.

The 6'10" guy is Wes Carr not Bryce Moran....He has been in the program 4 years and I believe this is his first year to start...Matter of fact Don Coady of Westview thought he had transferred into UC because he said he didn't remember the Tornadoes having anyone that big on the team last year....The Coleman kid must be pretty good,he only carried the ball around 10 times Friday but gained around 80-85 yards..Makes you wonder why he didn't get more touches....

825735015[/snapback]

Ahh OCCHSViaSoonNotTOBEChattanooga, you were obviously listening to our pre-game show anyway. Yes I wondered on-air why Coleman didn't get more touches. He was a non-factor the 2nd Half. As for Mr. B's sarcasm earlier, I haven't seen the Banner but Scoop Jones has some bad info if he said UC put it on the ground 4 times giving Westview short fields. That's how the Chargers scored first. The other three turnovers were picks with the one late in the 2nd quarter being the back breaker for the PurplePack. Union City is going to be a good 1A team but I'm like your brother, they haven't proven it yet.

You sound like you need to go check yourself into Bolivar.I will bet it won't be a blowout either way!Evidentely ,you are just now learning about the game of football..Please wait and post after you learn a little more!about the game.Please ,for everyone's sake!

825734899[/snapback]

riiight....i didn't see UC play back when they were the power house of AA....i don't know what i'm talking about at all...i don't know good talent when i see it...since my older brother wasn't an All-State linebacker during UC's best football years (97-2000) and since i don't talk to him every week about high school and collegiate football alike...i'll just keep my mouth shut...but don't say i didn't tell you so when we wipe our butts with Lake Co.'s face on Friday night.

825735015[/snapback]

You're right..If I had a running back and he gained 8 to 9 yards every carry,I would make sure he got the ball more

riiight....i didn't see UC play back when they were the power house of AA....i don't know what i'm talking about at all...i don't know good talent when i see it...since my older brother wasn't an All-State linebacker during UC's best football years (97-2000) and since i don't talk to him every week about high school and collegiate football alike...i'll just keep my mouth shut...but don't say i didn't tell you so when we wipe our butts with Lake Co.'s face on Friday night.

825735694[/snapback]

Hmmm....If Union City truly was the powerhouse of AA as you say, where's all those gold footballs to show for it? Just for the record, in state championships, Lake County leads, 2-0.

But all of that is totally irrelevant to Friday's game, just like that your brother was a linebacker from 1997-2000. I played for LC from 1997-2000, when we were FAR from being a powerhouse, but does that make one bit of difference for this Friday? Nope. What matters is that there are two teams that appear to be fairly evenly matched, playing for the early lead in the regional race. It is highly likely that the winner of this game is the favorite to win the region. And what happened in the past has absolutely no bearing on this game. It's all about what's on the field Friday night.

But just to stoke the fire a little more, what's Union City's excuse going to be this time if they get beat? One year it was rain. Another year, it was the smoke from the grill. What will it be this year, mosquitoes?

Byahlia looked about like a middle school team in more way than one....size, speed, execution, aggressiveness.... I think UC prepared themselves better in losing to Westview than beating a middle school team.... After looking at the heels of Markei Guy for four quarters, i don't think anyone on LC can compare to him... I've seen both teams and I'm picking UC by more than a couple of TD's.... It'll be a barn burner....at the kickoff of the game.

825735189[/snapback]

Who did you see Lake Co against?Byhalia was actually a little bigger than Lake Co was...The #22 for Byhalia was faster than anyone from either squad..I will admit about Byhalia maybe being overmatched...But,Lake Co has only played one game and it was the same night as Union City and Westview....So are you Houdini?How could you see the heels of Markei Guy for 4 quarters and Lake Co the same night?I believe Markei Guy must be the real deal but if Union City can't stop one man ,then I wonder about their defense..I mean,it's not like they held Guy to a hundred yards...220 yards....Talking about a middle school..Was that your middle school playing defense?

825735694[/snapback]

We'll see!