Union City @ Lake County

treefitty74

Bigster, we will be doing the Westview-Huntingdon game with updates on Dresden-Humboldt on 101.3. Bring your headset & keep up with two other big region games. What a night to only be Week 2! I've been away from the website today so I missed some apparently uncalled for posts by some UC people. They may have been players, I don't know who Nader is but UCDM is the drum major for the band. Young man, I won't call your name, but it is not a good reflection on you, your school or youth group to make off-color remarks on here. Let's have a little maturity when we talk trash on CoachT or you will lose your posting privileges as well. These are not typical Union City fans. Good luck to both the Falcons & Tornadoes.

825736371[/snapback]

Be careful about the whole nader thing becuase my name is very similiar.... I've seen his posts and almost thought they were mine and didn't remember saying some of that so don't delete me... I've been good...and UC wins big friday

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UCdm, I think you are a lil over confident. I hope that doesnt get in the way of your game friday night. If so you are in for a long night. Not only that you will put your team in for a long night. LC is no middle school team, and speakin of middle school teams I saw some of them tacklin just a lil bit better than yall did the other night. You plan on tacklin like that again and Brandon will be the next Markei Guy. If you know what I mean. UC you are very capable of beating LC. But I have to see it before I will say it. I do think this will be a good game, but UC Srs, will have to be steppin up if they plan on stayin in this one. Good luck to both teams.

UCdm, I think you are a lil over confident. I hope that doesnt get in the way of your game friday night. If so you are in for a long night. Not only that you will put your team in for a long night. LC is no middle school team, and speakin of middle school teams I saw some of them tacklin just a lil bit better than yall did the other night. You plan on tacklin like that again and Brandon will be the next Markei Guy. If you know what I mean. UC you are very capable of beating LC. But I have to see it before I will say it. I do think this will be a good game, but UC Srs, will have to be steppin up if they plan on stayin in this one. Good luck to both teams.

825736421[/snapback]

Ha, did u just compare Brandon Springer to Markei Guy? That's pretty funny. I'll give credit where credit is due; Brandon Springer is a good athelete but he is nowhere close to the caliber of Markei Guy.

Ha, did u just compare Brandon Springer to Markei Guy? That's pretty funny.  I'll give credit where credit is due; Brandon Springer is a good athelete but he is nowhere close to the caliber of Markei Guy.

825736487[/snapback]

'True football people know comparing Brandon/Markei is like comparing apples/oranges. Not in talent but Brandon is an option QB over 6' tall and Markei is a tailback who stands 5-7. It's senseless to make any comparisons between Lake Co. & Westview at all. They have different offensive schemes. The Falcons will present different challenges for Union City than Westview did.

Crow, apology accepted and you are right in that we do not know for sure he is from UC. How did the Tornadoes look in practice this week? I am expecting an exciting ball game tonight and hope both teams play their best and come away with no injuries. Good luck to both teams but I will be pulling for my LC Falcons to come away with a key region win.

Dawg, this game will be the biggest game in west Tennessee other than Westview-Huntingdon. Both team have the size in the line and skill players. I believe that this game will be decided on whoever can handle the other teams style of offense and defense. With that said, special teams will be a big part. There will not be a lack of "energy" from either team so, playing intelligent will also be a factor. This will be one of two games that UC and LC will play. I am just greatful that Tennssee is able to have highschool football games.

sorry about the "wipe our butts" comment guys...i was a little riled up from a previous post about my lack of football knowledge...i call it like i see it and if you disagree then i respect your right to do so. I don't want to reflect badly on my school or on my boys on the team. As i see it, my job in the football program is to try to get the players hype for the game week after week...through talking, encouragement, and coacht commentary. From now on i will try to be more tactful in my posting and less demoralizing to the opposing team. i hope this apology does not fall on deaf ears. If golden tornado was from union city, i would like to apolgize on behalf of the entire school...if not, i would like to say that a stunt like that is pretty low, and i applaud coacht for pulling his account and his buddy's. I hope you can all see that this apology is sincere, and in the future i will stick to stating my opinion without reflecting badly on myself, our school, our team, and coacht. In conclusion, i would like to say once again...sorry.

Good luck to all teams tonight...may the play be fair, and may the best team win.

GO UC!

Dawg, this game will be the biggest game in west Tennessee other than Westview-Huntingdon.  Both team have the size in the line and skill players.  I believe that this game will be decided on whoever can handle the other teams style of offense and defense.  With that said, special teams will be a big part.  There will not be a lack of "energy" from either team so, playing intelligent will also be a factor.  This will be one of two games that UC and LC will play.  I am just greatful that Tennssee is able to have highschool football games.

825736833[/snapback]

Good observations Crow. I think special teams will be a factor. Union City got good return yardage on Westview last week. If they get decent field position and utilize their offensive weapons LC will have to play good defense. A key may be how Tyler Sherwood rebounds from three interceptions last week after a good start. Coach Barger knows that the secondary is not what he'd like it to be.

To UCDM, thank you for the apology. We all live and learn. I hope the band performs well tonight, as they always do.

Crow is right special teams plays a big part in any close ball game. The Falcons must improve on their kicking game 1-4 PATS last week and coverage on special teams. Their return game was solid a KO Return for TD and 2 good Punt Returns. UC has an outstanding kicker who missed a field goal last week( Had plenty of leg just a bit off) in bad conditions so he could be a big factor tonight. Both teams will be much improved from last week by having a game under their belts. So let the fans enjoy what should be a great HS football game. Oh almost forgot UCDM thanks for the apology i am glad you support your team with so much energy and as NW said we all make mistakes let's live, learn and move forward.

Edited by wardawg2038