Alcoa & Tennessee

revjj1

that was last year.  You remember the struggles they had against FL and AL; its the same type deal

825732040[/snapback]

You will have to do research to keep up with this guy Antwan, he is going back almost twenty years in an effort to justify/make excuses for his team getting their clock cleaned Friday night.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the defence of your 2A crown, bring it home to Blount county with class!

825732086[/snapback]

Alcoa has no class you could tell who was gonna win that game from the pre game warm ups Alcoa was all over the field just tryin to act like they could play and as for GQ he has his MEN well disciplined and focused on what needed to be done and not just talk about it

bottom line is that you think Maryville is good and I think Alcoa is good.  And I'm pointing out that 1.  You didn't beat Alcoa at their best.  2.  Alcoa didn't play their best game.

This game turned out exactly how I said a Maryville win would take place.  It's all mental.  While you guys can dominate the high school ranks, we'll take our players and influence college football (I guess you'll cheer for Dustin Lindsey when he puts on the uniform of the Vols????) and the NFL

As far as Brandon slugging a person: Big joke and all I have to say is COUNTERFEITERS (your guys should be in a federal pen)

825732054[/snapback]

Grow up and learn how to lose. A lot of our guys will not get to play in college but will graduate with 4.0 gpa's and have a decent career. Carl Stewart is at Auburn right now with probably a 4.0 in engineering. You keep reaching for an excuse there isn't anything there! Drop this before you make yourself and your team more foolish than you already have.

As a Alcoa alumni, 4 year fb player and spectator at Friday nights game, I would like to say let's get on with it. We got our butts handed to us like so many times before. I too was surprised but it happened and that's it. From the way Maryville played and the way Alcoa didn't play, we couldn't of won with two BW's. Maryville has a great team and will do well this year as will Aloca. Good luck to all the county schools and lets all root them on.

On any given Sat Tennessee can beat anyone just like on eany given Friday any High School team can beat another.  Football is a fickel sport.  But the team who is ready to play is the one who is ready to win.  Living on past accomplishments or hype has its downside, getting beat in front of your supporters, they deserve better.  If your a player you owe it to your team to be ready to play period.

825731994[/snapback]

Once again I will say this......I'm not that upset that we lost the game, but I am furious about the heart the players showed!! I love AHS to death, but that game made me wonder just how bad they want to get back to the Boro!!! People talk about our team (2000) having no discipline!! This team seems to have everything but discipline and HEART!!! I take nothing away from the Rebs ever again!! They come to play just about every night!!! Good luck to them on the rest of the season!! :thumb:

As fun as it is to compare these two teams they are not comparable. Its like comparing Tennessee and Carson Newman. Each team is top notch and can go all the way IN THEIR DIVISION! But it is prime example that 1a 2a 3a 4a and 5a ball is all different.

I love alcoa with all my heart and until i die i will go to every game but facts are facts Maryville is one of if not the best team in the state year in and year out. They dont rebuild they reload. Maryville has a bad year when they go 14-1 and win state, Alcoa has a bad year when they go 3-7 and miss the playoffs.

I dont know about Coach Reid sayin he can pull people out of the stands and still beat maryville but if he was goin to he needs to look at that 2000 Alcoa team. The team that didnt back down from anyone. It didnt matter if there was a Soph QB, Suspended players, or Tough opponents week in and week out. AE ranked #3 Alcoa won, Loudon Ranked #4 Alcoa beat them. Union City #1 alcoa beat them. The ego that Alcoa has right now is so stupid, I could see it comming last season. They need to shut up, stop running their mouth strap on their helmets and play ball. I feel like im not supposed to like maryville cause of the rivalry but you have to respect them because they dont run their mouth. They PLAY BALL!

Alcoa last friday was outplayed, outcoached, outclassed, and just plain out Embarrased!! If Reid doesnt use that as motivation then hes not worth the money ACS is paying him. Even the 45-19 whipping alcoa recieved in 2001 by Maryville, Alcoa turned it around the next week.

Alcoa needs to get back to Alcoa football. It needs to be less Dustin Lindsey, Less Brandon Warren, Less Joei Fiegler and More ALCOA TORNADOES. Your not out there for the name on the back of your jersey your there for the name on the side of your helmet!

And for us old folks even the younger ones get back to tradition, i know there is 3 band members but god forbid come out to THE HORSE not some Lil Jon crap!

man i'm an AHS grad i'm i'm calling you out for being a bandwagon MHS fan. Before the game you were talking a bunch of trash about how BAD Alcoa was going to drill Maryville. More than ANYONE you talked about the "D1 talent" and essentially made the rest of us Alcoa fans look like lunatics. Way to jump on the "Maryville is 4A bandwagon" after they creamed our butts. At least have some pride and continue to talk trash. :thumb: