Top 25 Poll

TheGreatLineJudge

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Someone PMed me today and asked me to bring it back. He said it was one of the more interesting threads all season. So, my question is: bring it back or try to do it some other way? Feel free to discuss the pros/cons, why or why not, etc.

We'll let it roll through Friday or so, then a final decision will be reached and we'll go from there.

Bring on the Polls...they are good for conversation and maybe, just maybe, they will create a little bit of buzz among the media member that frequent here. I think all will agree that our great sport needs more exposure. Maybe there is a way we can get coaches/media/officials across the state involved in this process.

Bring on the Polls...they are good for conversation and maybe, just maybe, they will create a little bit of buzz among the media member that frequent here.  I think all will agree that our great sport needs more exposure.  Maybe there is a way we can get coaches/media/officials across the state involved in this process.

825734283[/snapback]

I agree with Vols. It is ridiculous that TSSAA dosn't have some kind of ranking so we must try to do it for them...does it mean anything...no not really, but it is fun to talk about and read.

Let all the Middle Tn Bias talk start!!! Sullivan South is trying to change all that though!

I agree with Vols.  It is ridiculous that TSSAA dosn't have some kind of ranking  so we must try to do it for them...does it mean anything...no not really, but it is fun to talk about and read.

Let all the Middle Tn Bias talk start!!!  Sullivan South is trying to change all that though!

825734397[/snapback]

I think it would be interesting, just so as clifford touched on, people don't take it too seriously. I think it will inititiate some great debate. Also, after some of the "top" teams play others outside of their area, in various upcoming tournaments, it will be a little easier to eliminate some of the "regional biasis".

Someone PMed me today and asked me to bring it back. He said it was one of the more interesting threads all season. So, my question is: bring it back or try to do it some other way? Feel free to discuss the pros/cons, why or why not, etc.

We'll let it roll through Friday or so, then a final decision will be reached and we'll go from there.

825734275[/snapback]

How was it done in the past and why was it discontinued? Was it coaches voting if so wouldn't it be hard to get them to participate? I think it would be a positive for the sport if it could somehow be done accurate if possible. Maybe the kids could somehow vote like online then add sports media and coaches votes in some kind of system to get all involved one vote per person.:thumb:

How was it done in the past and why was it discontinued? Was it coaches voting if so wouldn't it be hard to get them to participate? I think it would be a positive for the sport if it could somehow be done accurate if possible. Maybe the kids could somehow vote like online then add sports media and coaches votes in some kind of system to get all involved one vote per person.;)

825734659[/snapback]

It was an online system. I had a form setup on a website where people could enter their vote and submit. I'd say it was more as a result of thoughtlessness as opposed to it being discontinued. We didn't always have a lot of participation last year. Some weeks we'd had 13 or 14, the next week 2 or 3.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Best-of-three sectional series vs East Robertson at home starting Wednesday.  They put us out last year at this point.  Go Pirates!!
    • I don't believe they have anyone that is surbers caliber but a decent staff overall.
    • Richland plays at McKenzie on Wed.  Should be a good series.  Does Richland have good pitching?  
    • Congratulations to the Warrior baseball team winning the Region Championship.  Last night the football team beat Franklin Co 33-0 in their spring scrimmage. Warriors looked very good. Missing a few players who were playing baseball but still absolutely dominated. A lot of young ones got in halfway through the 3rd when the score reached 33-0. QB Tilton Pickett looked very sharp.  Sam Pickett is on another level this season. Seems to have put on 15 to 20 lbs in the off season and added a step as well. Transfer from last year Williamson caught numerous balls and is very elusive. Lots of athletes on this team. Defense was smothering and will only get better. The head coach from Sewanee was in attendance and offered 2 kids after the game. Could be a special year.