CPA over DCA

divepix

CPA wins 17-14. A quick recap and some analysis.

First of all, I am glad I was wrong about the final score and winner. I had picked DCA 24-21 (got the 3 point spread right, but wrong team). I was right about the key for CPA to win - establishing a running game.

CPA won the 1 and 4th quarter, DCA won the 2 and 3rd quarter. CPA ran pretty much at will in the 1st quarter but made enough mistakes and had enough penalties to only go up 7-0. DCA made some great adjustments on D, started shutting down CPA's run and had a long pass play (should have been intercepted) and a long run by Fields to go up 14-7 at half and take momentum.

DCA still outplayed CPA in the 3rd quarter, but great punting by CPA's Bob Hooper and a bend, not break defense, by CPA kept DCA from scoring at all in the 2nd half.

CPA finally came alive by forcing a DCA punt from the end zone with about 3 1/2 minutes to play. CPA's All-State (IMHO) safety Alex House blocked the DCA punt for a safety to cut lead to 14-9. After DCA's kick, CPA moved down the field with some gutty runs by Austin Harrison (huge game) and QB Connor Lowery.

CPA gets some luck on a pass in the end zone that is tipped and caught for a TD. They go for 2 and make it for 17-14 lead. DCA makes a nice drive in the last 2 minutes, but come up short on a close pass play in the end zone with 5 seconds to play on 4th down.

Both teams should have a good year as their young players mature. CPA's defense is very good - really controlled game except for a long pass play and a long run. DCA's defensive backfield is really good and Trammell showed some flashes of great play, but also misfired several times. Had 2 passes dropped by CPA defenders right in their hands.

Congrats to CPA. They needed this one for confidence after Boyd mess. Good luck, DCA - your team and fans are always a class act.

Edited by divepix

I have nothing to add, DP, great game and a worthy ending to DCA's win streak.

Players I like: Harrison from CPA, House from CPA, Worden from DCA, and Trammel from DCA.

Great comeback by CPA, congrats on the win.

825737758[/snapback]

I agree and will add this:

Soph QB Lowery from CPA has a lot to learn but he is a real gamer. Did you see him hand off to Harrison - then run past him and lay a leveling block on Fields to spring Harrison for a longer gain? he also ran for some tough yards.

I really like Fields, especially on defense. Our receivers had to play pass defense on him about 5 times to keep him from intercepting the pass.

Quick question, does anyone know when CSS replays their Friday night games?

I think I might want to see how this one turned out on TV, and I know they replay them, I just forgot when.

Thanks in advance.

825738422[/snapback]

It used to be Tuesday nights, but I am not sure if that is the case this year.

I set my Comcast box to record it...however with all the delays due to scoreboard issues etc, it stopped recording in the 3rd quarter thinking the game was over. If memory serves me right, didn't we have a similar scoreboard issue a couple of years ago while CPA played DCA at DCA?

I think I might want to see how this one turned out on TV, and I know they replay them, I just forgot when.

Thanks in advance.

825738422[/snapback]

Last week's CSS game of week (JPP v FR) was replayed on channel 49 about 2:30am Saturday and again tonight on CSS 27 at 7pm.

Last year they were replayed on Tuesday nights on Channel 75. Not sure this year.

This was a great game and hope it gets replayed. Great job LIONS!

Edited by FBGIRL

It used to be Tuesday nights, but I am not sure if that is the case this year.

I set my Comcast box to record it...however with all the delays due to scoreboard issues etc, it stopped recording in the 3rd quarter thinking the game was over.  If memory serves me right, didn't we have a similar scoreboard issue a couple of years ago while CPA played DCA at DCA?

825738455[/snapback]

I think the last 5 minutes were easier to watch without knowing how much time was left.

Thanks in advance.

825738422[/snapback]

This game was replayed this am(Wed) at 1:30pm on CSN channel 49.

Yawn! They may be replaying each morning thru Saturday.