Ravenwood 36 Franklin 35 (2OT)

FHSrebel27

The Raptors even up their record tonight at 1-1 with their double overtime victory at Franklin. They improve to 1-0 in Region 6-5A while Franlin falls to 0-1, 2-1 on the season.

Big play in my book tonight is Mikrut's INT after the long run by Hardemon. Franklin scores there... who knows. Lots of those type things can be said from tonight's game though.

That's gonna be all I have to say for now cause my fingers are tired! (Look at the update thread on the game update board) Congratulations to Ravenwood on their win tonight. Rebels - keep your heads up! Next week is a new week. Very likely will get a second shot at these guys, but let's not think about that right now. Practice hard, correct things, and get a W next week.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case you didn't check the game update thread... I'm gonna recap the OTs.

Ravenwood's first possesion: they are forced into 4th and inches after apparently Dylan Williams nearly got it across and into the endzone. He was shaken up on the play. Hopefully he'll be okay! They punched it in from there and with the PAT, forced Franklin to have to score 7 as well.

Franklin's first possesion: two plays into the endzone. Nothing special that I'm aware of. PAT good and sends the game into the 2nd OT.

Franlin's second possession: this time, Ravenwood forces Franklin into a 4th and goal from the one. They also punched it in for 6 and the PAT was good.

Ravenwood's second possesion: two incomplete passes on first and second downs. It looked hopeful for the Franklin faithful until I'm assuming a pass into the endzone for 6. Ravenwood had the guts to go for two and thus the win. Franklin no doubt had visions of Hendersonville in their head (quarterfinals 2003). However, there would be no stoping th Raptors. The two-point conversion was good and thus Ravenwood won.

Turnovers were the name of the game tonight. Both teams shot themselves in the foot multiple times. The already-mentioned INT by Mikrut... Ravenwood snapping the ball over Jennings' head with under :30 to play in the 4th... and the list goes on and on.

Hopefully we'll hear what I think - these two teams are this evenly matched. They both made about the same amount of mistakes... at least, it seemed that way listening to it. We'll know more when BDD and the gang post later on.

Well, it's like they always say at the end of a Devil Rays game down here on TV "hope you enjoyed the game, but not the outcome." I spent tonight talking with several other Franklin alums and had a blast talking about the game with them. Come overtime, we were all saying things like "DE! FENSE!" as if we were there. It was crazy. But I guess I'm fortunate to know some great folks who share this... obsession? This crazy little game called football, what friends it makes of people.

Okay, I'm doing being sentimental now. Yes, I would hope that both teams will make some noise in the playoffs. In fact, at this point in Franklin history, I expect nothing less. We'll see though... PLENTY of football to be played. Let's wait till Week 5 or so to start thinking playoffs... :P

Well... tough loss tonight Franklin but if you judge the rest of your season on this one game and do not pick your heads up it will turn out to be a long season. Both teams are exceptional teams and its dissapointing they had to meet so soon in the year. Good thing is that if Franklin wins out and Ravenwood loses to one region team Franklin will still be region champs due to RHS losing that one non-region game. Pick your heads up boys and get ready fro next week.

Wow! It's great to live in Williamson County. I can list a hundred reasons why, but high school football would definately be at the top of the list. Think about the games over the past two years between Frankin and Brentwood and last year between Franklin and Centennial and now the last two years beween Franklin and Ravenwood.

I sat in a box on Thursday night and watched the Titans ... there's just no comparison. The Titans and the NFL are not in the same league when it comes to entertainment value.

T.C. Jennings is the real deal. Not trying to knock other QBs but he is head and shoulders above Wolke and every bit as good as Everson. Vanderbilt needs to snatch this kid up now before the rest of the SEC comes knocking!

I said in my pregame post that it was going to be the one that made the fewest mistakes that won.... well there were plenty of mistakes by both but every time they made a mistake they just got a little tougher and came battling back. There was no quit in either one of these teams and they just kept proving it to one another all night long.

By the way, while Jennings got it done with a little more flare than Mikrut ... Mikrut got it done as well!!

Howard Gamble Stadium was a thing of beauty. The new field looked great and the sod held up well. The overflow crowd was all around the track and as we went into overtime it encircled around the back of the enzone. The Franklin students were rabbid and the band was jumping.

One thing you won't see in the stats was the quality of the incompletions. Of the 70 passes that were thrown, only a handful of them were not catchable, 90+ percent of the incompletions were just from great DB play.

I could go on and on, I'm just glad I was there and glad I live in Williamson Co. !!

Edited by BigDogDaddy