DOBYNS-BENNETT VS. OAK RIDGE

-Catfish-

I guess we might as well give this one an early start seeing as it is probably the best game on DB's schedule, and I would say Oak Ridge's as well.

After 2 amazing games last year, both up at The Ship, OR comes back to J. Fred this year. This has shaped into the biggest rivalry either team has had in the last few years, and it should be just as interesting this year.

Spencer Gulmire is back leading the Wildcats at RB, and is one of the most fierce runners I have seen. We will see how DB's daunting defense holds him down.

Too bad T-Naughty isn't here this year to get thrown out....

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I feel a little better about the Oak Ridge game after tonight's Bearden game. I liked the way Coach Clark got more of the players on offense and the defense played really well, as usual. I will have to say that I was disappointed to hear one of last year's players saying to a cheerleader after the game, "wait till those Ridgers get ahold of them next week." Boo....and you know who you are. I'm going to go and do my research on those Ridgers and get back to you boys on my prediction! Git er done! :thumb:

I guess we might as well give this one an early start seeing as it is probably the best game on DB's schedule, and I would say Oak Ridge's as well. 

After 2 amazing games last year, both up at The Ship, OR comes back to J. Fred this year.  This has shaped into the biggest rivalry either team has had in the last few years, and it should be just as interesting this year.

Spencer Gulmire is back leading the Wildcats at RB, and is one of the most fierce runners I have seen.  We will see how DB's daunting defense holds him down.

Too bad T-Naughty isn't here this year to get thrown out....

825737715[/snapback]

Best game on Oak Ridge's schedule is Ooltewah on October 21.

Oak Ridge by 14 this week!

Can't wait for this one! It sounds like DB turned a corner against Bearden. Honestly, much like last year, Bradley did not give us much of a game. We are steadily improving with each week, but we need a good week of practice for this game. I am very impressed with our defense so far. They are very active with tons of speed; they really fly to the ball. Conner looked very good at QB and ran the offense well. Our fullback Daniel Johnson, should be back for this one as well. Spencer should be especially hungry for this one. Revel Coffey is a weapon.

For the past 4 years, this game, both in the playoffs and the regular season, has been a game played on raw emotion. Both teams have made lots of mistakes, but their have been great heroics as well. When DB and Oak Ridge get together, it is the best 5-A game in the state, period. Should be another classic.

Now this is probably a stretch in trying to find a common denominator in previously played games but... there may be a set of games that already give some comparison of DB to OR.

Both Maryville and OR have played Clinton.

OR 74 - Clinton 0

Maryville 37 - Clinton 0

I also understand that DB scrimmaged Maryville and that ended with Maryville 14 and DB 0. Then the non-first and second strings played and DB tacked on 2 TDs. But really what mattered was the 14-0 score if one wanted to compare what kind of shape the two teams were in at the time.

So if OR beat Clinton by 74 and Maryville beat them by 37, that says that OR just may be stronger now than Maryville.

I wonder if Maryville is still stonger than DB. All teams improve as they begin to play real season games. Does this possibly indicate that OR is much stronger than DB?

Yes, it's a stretch (especially using a scrimmage as input) but the only comparison I see right now.

What do the rest of you folks think? There was a Maryville/OR skrimmage I think but it was unclear who looked better in that one.

I am looking forward to going to the game. It will be the celebration of all times if DB wins. The DB Band looked awful good Friday nite didn't they?

Both Teams have brand new QB's this season, so that is going to be a big deal in this game, the QB play. One thing in Oak Ridge's advantage is, their QB (Conner Gulmire, So.) has been the #1 QB from the get go, while the Indians will start Bo Burton, Jr.... Burton had been slated to be a WR this season and the back up QB, but that changed in game #2. Starter Sam McCord was taken out by Sullivan South with a Shoulder Injury and now Burton has taken over. Burton was shaky at best against South and much improved after a week of practice as the #1 QB against Bearden. But, Bearden is no Oak Ridge. I would feel much better if Burton had been taking all the snaps @ QB during pre-season... or, Sam McCord was not hurt. Either way, QB Play in this game is going to be a big factor in the outcome of this game. Oak Ridge should know this.... you will not be facing the likes of Duran Ferguson and Lamon Williams and Daryl Purple Hayes this season. But the DB Defense is stronger than it has been in the past couple of years.

It will be a good game. Can't wait... more to come.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Ahh yes, to those of you in Kingsport, Giddy Up! Here come the 'Cats!

Wheres the tailgate party at? What kinda food you all got?

These 'Cats have lots of respect for the Tribe, but they are on a mission. Kinda of a "dark side" thing.

The weather looks great for Friday night and the OR fans will be a coming to J. Fred. Get ready for the best of the best in Friday Night High School Football this coming Friday! :thumb:

YEAH BOYS!!! get ready for friday night!! Battle of the radioactive cities! DB's biggest thing is they have to be calm, and play it cool, they are playing a very experinced team. Bo Burton, impressed me soo much this past friday, lest we forget this is a sophmore, playing one of the best teams in the East. both Def. are smaller than usual and very quick. DB has some good backs at LB position, a little iffy in the secondary. I think Coach Clark will throw some diffrent things in this week, I think he may spread the ball around a bit more. good catches by Throp, and Sensabuagh, I hope he gives the ball mor eto Terrance Maxwell this kid is FAST, I think he may be able to out run this very fast OR D. ANother place where DB keeps improving is the O-line, I see DB taking this game by very little.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

DB - 24

OR - 21

Edited by Contender