DOBYNS-BENNETT VS. OAK RIDGE

-Catfish-

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its gonna be a great game 2nite at J.Fred Field.

here are 2 of my most favorite moments in this classic rivalry:

OR vs DB @ Blankenship Field'99 2nd round playoff: OR wins 28-25 in "The Drive"

OR vs DB @ J.Fred Stadium 2003 3rd round playoff: OR wins 35-17 after being 17-7 in DB's favor at halftime.

OR vs DB @ the ship 3rd round 2000: Just seeing Adonis Johnson was amazing even though my wildcats were beaten 32-6

on to 2nite's game: Gulmire gets over 130 yds rushing, coffey with a few gamebreaking plays at WR and CB/FS. OR wins in a competitive game 28-21

its gonna be a great game 2nite at J.Fred Field.

here are 2 of my most favorite moments in this classic rivalry:

OR vs DB @ Blankenship Field'99 2nd round playoff: OR wins 28-25 in "The Drive"

OR vs DB @ J.Fred Stadium 2003 3rd round playoff: OR wins 35-17 after being 17-7 in DB's favor at halftime.

OR vs DB @ the ship 3rd round 2000: Just seeing  Adonis Johnson was amazing even though my wildcats were beaten 32-6

on to 2nite's game: Gulmire gets  over 130 yds rushing, coffey with a few gamebreaking plays at WR and CB/FS. OR wins in a competitive game 28-21

825744203[/snapback]

How about in 2003 when Oak Ridge was up on DB 21-0 in the first quarter. DB came back to win 35-28. There was a TD that made the game 7-21 OR just as the first half was ending that changed the momentum of the game. QB Ferguson fired an 11-yard touchdown pass to tight end Phillip Tritapoe in a tackle- eligible alignment with 1:03 showing on the clock in the second quarter. When he made the catch he had one guy to beat to make the endzone and he literally flipped over the OR defender for the TD. It was deserving of a ESPN highlight playback. That play changed the game as DB went on to make one of the all time greatest comebacks.

How about in 2003 when Oak Ridge was up on DB 21-0 in the first quarter.  DB came back to win 35-28.  There was a TD that made the game 7-21 OR just as the first half was ending that changed the momentum of the game.  QB Ferguson fired an 11-yard touchdown pass to tight end Phillip Tritapoe in a tackle- eligible alignment with 1:03 showing on the clock in the second quarter.  When he made the catch he had one guy to beat to make the endzone and he literally flipped over the OR defender for the TD.  It was deserving of a ESPN highlight playback.  That play changed the game as DB went on to make one of the all time greatest comebacks.

825744284[/snapback]

i was on the field when that comback had happened. it was sickening to us that we led 21-0 before game changing td. it made us want to win the rest of our reg season games just to get back to J.Fred and Beat db in the playoffs which we did as aforementioned. man i m getting giddy bout this game. bud tell your team that i pray on one on DB's team gets injured as i hope u will do for us.

roll cats roll