The South Doyle Cherokees

Peter North

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duncan was all set to return to Powell, thought it was a done deal, but then Rick Walker (principal) told Dr. Lindsay (superintendent) he wanted Daryl Chandler back from Karns if he took Clark to Powell.  Lindsay apparently wasn't ready to have another fruitbasket turnover summer so he left Duncan at S-D.

825748358[/snapback]

That's not at all accurate. It didn't go down that way.

Their O & D line are small this year. The middle school O & D line has some boys bigger. Something to look forward too I guess. I question some of the play calling. The QB has 11 INT's so far this year. From what I saw they do better running outside than up the middle. Short passes like 7-10 yrd curls seems to be working for them. The 15+ yrd passes seems to me is where he gets in trouble. Mainly due to lack of pass protection. I think swinging out 1 of the RB's would be one way I'd go. From the games I saw on pass plays they keep the RB in for blocking. Against Sevier Co., the bears would blitz with the outside LB's. Use the RB swing pass and you would have him with no one on him. Defense? Man, they are thin. Depth is the main problem. I didn't see a lot of subs. A lot of kids are playing both ways. # 2 ring a bell? They also don't play some kids that can play. #81 looked good at the end of the game when they put him in at 1:27 left to go. #43 (I believe it was 43) was lightning fast when he got to play late in the 4th as well. I would use ALL the kids not just a few.

How many kids are on the team? I heard a few years ago they had 96 total players and a bunch of coaches and there is only 1 of those held over. Do you think the turnover of the whole staff has caused some problems. I didn't know the head coach but did know some of the assistants including 1 Rucker who had played at mississippi state

Hey boyz!

Let me weigh in on this one. I used to date Clark Duncan when I was a co-ed at the University of Tennessee.

He is not to blame here. The coaching staff at S-D is pitiful. The head coach got rid of the best player because he said something to the effect of..."We stink!" How can you discipline a student athlete for telling the truth.

I am not a big proponent of any of the coaches. I went out with their defensive coordinator a time or two and he wasn't that great and obviously his record speaks for itself!

I also went out with Larry Stephens back in the day and he is just awesome! Of course Clark left the barn pretty full when he carried out Dr. Lyndsay's wishes and came over to the Cherokees.

The best person at South Doyle High School, the one with the most sense and class is Alan Jones. He never would date a girl like me!

Love you boyz!

:lol:

i agree it is def the coaches,lets look at them.Rocky Riley was on the tennessee team,never coached before coming to sd no experience.Coach Bryant never coached before coming to sd all he wants to do is run and yell with his visor on backwards and bring attn to himself.John Hutchins not sure if any experince.Shawn Knapp played at maryville college no experince coaching berfore at sd.Lane Corum coached at Hertige what was his record 0-40 never beat sd great hire.Erik Hutchins coached at Mcminn Co he inhertied good players from a legend at Mcminn Co, left when things looked bad.Looks like Clark Duncan did a great job of getting the wrong people,where is the old coach of sd at!!!!!!

How many kids are on the team?  I heard a few years ago they had 96 total players and a bunch of coaches and there is only 1 of those held over.  Do you think the turnover of the whole staff has caused some problems.  I didn't know the head coach but did know some of the assistants including 1 Rucker who had played at mississippi state

825749030[/snapback]

I think that was under the coach that clark duncan was sent over to fire,might have been swaff!

Let me just say one more time the problem at SD is the AD. If he was so loved at Powell, and respected and a wonderful legendary person why did he leave ? If he is so committed to SD why does he have all of his Powell stuff decorating his office. Would you take pictures of your x wife into the bedroom of you new wife ? When he had Swafford fired did he have a meeting with parents, with players, with anybody no he just fired him. Clark cares about nothing but his hair, teeth, and tan. I know Clark doesn't make the calls on the field, but he hired the ones that do. I don't fault the coaches, they don't know what to do. The boys on the team are so frustrated, and down it is pitiful. They are made fun of at school, and some are even ashamed to say they play on the time. School spirit is terrible. Since Clark has been at SD things have gone down hill. Powell you know you want him back, I'll be glad to give him a ride out there !!