The South Doyle Cherokees

Peter North

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well coach just cuz i dont play doesnt mean ur players have to get on and say stuff about me....i support every move u all make and im behind the team 100%....tell anyone if they wanna come talk to me about baseball or bein a sissy for not playin then send them to me and tell them not to do it on here since they see me everyday...

That's the problem at alot of schools, guys that could really help the program out aren't playing for whatever reason. Unless Mr. baseball is a D1 prospect he could help the team alot more by playing than supporting them in stands. So many kids are choosing to specialize in one sport because somewhere along the way someone snows them into thinking they are going to be great at that one sport. What ends up happening most of the time is the kid just misses out on alot of memories they could have by playing other sports. I don't know this kid, so I can't speak for him or against him but I've seen it so many times. Most of these kids if they are that good would get the same scholarship they will receive even if they played many sports. Also alot of kids choose to work instead of playing ball so they can drive nice cars, ect... You've got the rest of your life to work. Even if it means not having a car the memories you make and the character that is built through sports will far outweigh getting to drive a nice car at a younger age. Get out there and support your teams by playing, not yelling in the stands!!!!!

Edited by johnnyboy

You people that get on here and berate your head coach should be hung from the highest tree and strongest rope that could be found. Coach Hutchins comes from a winning background @ Jeff. Co in high school, Carson Newman in college and then back to Jeff Co. and McMinn Co. has a coach so he knows how to win and he will win doing it his way and not some parents way. Do you honestly think Fulmer and Spurrier have the same coaching styles? NO! but they both have the same outcome, they have winning programs and compete for championships and that is what Hutchins will do weather it is @ SD, Jeff Co. or where ever he is he will win because that is all that he knows. The best thing the SD parents and supporters can do is to stand tall with Hutchins and the team! Good luck SD from this TribeFan!

hold on there coach hutch

with all due respect i have to correct you!

clark duncun did not build powell from the bottom up.. he did take the program over after some losing years

BUT,powell h.s football was succesful for many decades before clark ever arrived

there are more old timers than me that can fill you in on that.

and when clark did WIN he had kelley robertson funneling some great talent thru the middle school program, but thats another story all together!

coach kelly (roberson)....havent seen him in several years...I remember when he used to bring his powell super midgets to Jacksboro every fall...that was a great experience and quite amusing too I must add...

I don't understand what the SDHS fans expect. There aren't any feeder programs to South Doyle. Most kids with any talent leave the middle school and go to Fulton or Austin East. You can watch our guys line up, and they are almost a helmet shorter than everyone they play. Our best athletes have played a full game by half-time because they are having to play both offense and defense.

I think most of the responsiblity falls to the parents in the stands and to the community. There are 2 and 3 teams PER GRADE LEVEL (and I'm talking elementary school grade levels) at places like Powell. Does South-Doyle even have 1 team PER GRADE LEVEL? I would be surprised to find it.

Most of our kids haven't played football until middle school. Some of our kids haven't played football until they were in high school. They are years behind other programs in even understanding the game and strategy. How can we expect them to compete?

I don't understand what the SDHS fans expect. There aren't any feeder programs to South Doyle. Most kids with any talent leave the middle school and go to Fulton or Austin East. You can watch our guys line up, and they are almost a helmet shorter than everyone they play. Our best athletes have played a full game by half-time because they are having to play both offense and defense.

I think most of the responsiblity falls to the parents in the stands and to the community. There are 2 and 3 teams PER GRADE LEVEL (and I'm talking elementary school grade levels) at places like Powell. Does South-Doyle even have 1 team PER GRADE LEVEL? I would be surprised to find it.

Most of our kids haven't played football until middle school. Some of our kids haven't played football until they were in high school. They are years behind other programs in even understanding the game and strategy. How can we expect them to compete?

More thoughts after reading some of the previous posts:

One of our best football players is playing this year after seeing what Coach H did last year. This is someone who would have never played for Swafford.

Year-around sports takes away some of our athletes. I'm sure there are players who play basketball, soccer or baseball that would have played football years ago. Now there are leagues available year around for athletes to concentrate on one sport the whole time. We are losing available athletes there.

If your kids are already in high school, do what you can to promote football in South-Knoxville. Get your grandchildren and nephews out there and signed up to play. South-Knoxville seems to be mostly baseball and soccer. We can't expect to have a better football football team if we don't start them as young as our competing schools do.

More thoughts after reading some of the previous posts:

One of our best football players is playing this year after seeing what Coach H did last year. This is someone who would have never played for Swafford.

Year-around sports takes away some of our athletes. I'm sure there are players who play basketball, soccer or baseball that would have played football years ago. Now there are leagues available year around for athletes to concentrate on one sport the whole time. We are losing available athletes there.

If your kids are already in high school, do what you can to promote football in South-Knoxville. Get your grandchildren and nephews out there and signed up to play. South-Knoxville seems to be mostly baseball and soccer. We can't expect to have a better football football team if we don't start them as young as our competing schools do.

Just curious, who is this player, and if he is that good why would he not have played for swafford?

I don't know who the player is, but I can tell you there are kids who wouldn't play for Swafford because of his, umm, character. And there are plenty more parents who wouldn't let their boys play for Swafford. Let's just say he wasn't the best role model.

And speaking of role models, Erik, I'm glad you and Jon are here for our boys.

But you are CRAZY to be on Coach T! :unsure:

I don't know who the player is, but I can tell you there are kids who wouldn't play for Swafford because of his, umm, character. And there are plenty more parents who wouldn't let their boys play for Swafford. Let's just say he wasn't the best role model.

And speaking of role models, Erik, I'm glad you and Jon are here for our boys.

But you are CRAZY to be on Coach T! :unsure:

From what i have seen of south doyle football, i saw more fire in the players eyes when jimmy swaff was coaching those boys. He may not have used the best language but i guarentee you that if you go to a SD practice tommorow the language would be no better.