Riverdale vs. Lincoln County

cheerygurl

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever it takes, a "W" is about all we need. I don't expect anything less than a blowout, but when push comes to shove, a check in the win column is what we need. I won't forget the loss to LC at our house in 2003. Our first loss at Tomahawk Stadium. It was horrible! But you know what they say about paybacks! It was pure joy to get them in the Pit.

We want none of that this year. Just a great win. Let's just get the Falcons. And NEVER overlook the next team on our list. LaVergne looks good this year. Just keep it rolling, Warriors. KEEP IT ROLLING!

I think this one is gonna be interesting as R'dale needs LOTS of points and little or none scored against them to move up in the national polls. I don't know if that is considered by Coach Rankin when he goes against his friend Coach Thompson, but unfortunately that is the way it is looked at by the folks who do the polls. With a bunch of large wins and lots of shutouts R'dale stands to move ahead of teams like Hoover in Alabama. For instance Hoover did NOT win by much last weekend and it is hurting them.

This could either be a tight game, or it will get ugly quick.

Either way it goes I will be there cheering for R'dale. :lol:

I think this one is gonna be interesting as R'dale needs LOTS of points and little or none scored against them to move up in the national polls.  I don't know if that is considered by Coach Rankin when he goes against his friend Coach Thompson, but unfortunately that is the way it is looked at by the folks who do the polls.  With a bunch of large wins and lots of shutouts R'dale stands to move ahead of teams like Hoover in Alabama.  For instance Hoover did NOT win by much last weekend and it is hurting them.

This could either be a tight game, or it will get ugly quick.

Either way it goes I will be there cheering for R'dale. :lol:

825741491[/snapback]

Lost Old Dad....It's already ugly...97% picking Riverdale....and about 97% of them predicting a blowout by 50+ points. Man....that's ugly!!!

National polls have their place as far as bringing national recognition to a high school and its football team, but other than that they mean ZILCH. Byrnes would hammer Riverdale as I'm sure Riverdale might hammer some other team in the poll. But what does that matter? It makes for fun discussions, but all Byrnes really has to do is win South Carolina's state championship and all Riverdale needs to do is win Tennessee's 5A state title.