heritage @ maryville

sherwood17

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has Heritage beaten???

A mediocre 3-A team (Seymour) and a historically pitiful 5-A team (CC) and then got blasted by Farragut ( and who thinks they would hang with Maryville). Heritage might have a chance at 4 wins since it appears McMinn & Bradley just plain s u c k . OR, Oolt, & WB look unlikely and Soddy is a maybe at best. 4 wins would be a good year and 5 would probably mean a 4th seed in the playoffs. I still gotta bet on 4 at best until the mountaineers play someone decent a good game.

MHS 31

HHS 6

Here's something that has crossed my mind: I think that the Heritage/Farragut rivalry is bigger to the Mountaineers than the perennial Heritage/Maryville match up. My rationale: Heritage has played some very very tight games against the admirals in recent years...some classics. And that has resulted in the belief among the Heritage faithful that they can beat Farragut. The games against Maryville have not been as close, and I think it is less likely that as many of the Moutaineers go in to that game really expecting to win.

So, having said that, I think that it's highly likely that the wind has been blown from the Heritage sails after losing convincingly what is to them a big game (I mean EVERYONE always wants to beat Farragut in anything...they are the Maryville of Knoxville), and now it will be harder to get as up and excited for a game they are not really supposed to win.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Caveats:

I know that Farragut is vastly improved this year and even as such they are still no Maryville

I understand that county rivalries are huge (to the county schools especially) and that Heritage would LOVE to beat MHS

Thank you for your wisdom and contribution to the debate.  I don't think Heritage will beat Maryville.  Knowing you are good at picking winners every time, why don't you get your credit card out and visit some of those gambling sites and make yourself some cash!  The owner of this site allows everyone to post to the site within the guidelines of the rules.

I'll say it again, Any Team can beat another on any given day and it happens every week.  Just ask the Sooners from Oklahoma who lost this weekend!  Maryville went 0-4 a few years ago.  Who would have thought they would run the table and win three State Championship?  That year Heritage beat Maryville 28 zip!

Maryville should beat Heritage handily. 

Now just what makes WB such a huge powerhouse in your mind?  I think WB is making a great deal of progress under Coach Meadows, and they had a great win last week, but I think Heritage will win this year when they play.  That makes me stupid?

825741347[/snapback]

im glad this guy is talking about college football when this is a high school site and no heritage cannot hang with maryville in the conteset friday night at maryville if you really believe that they can then you need to rethink your statement and come watch the rebels run all over heritage and see what real football is all about....

Thank you for your wisdom and contribution to the debate.  I don't think Heritage will beat Maryville.  Knowing you are good at picking winners every time, why don't you get your credit card out and visit some of those gambling sites and make yourself some cash!  The owner of this site allows everyone to post to the site within the guidelines of the rules.

I'll say it again, Any Team can beat another on any given day and it happens every week.  Just ask the Sooners from Oklahoma who lost this weekend!  Maryville went 0-4 a few years ago.  Who would have thought they would run the table and win three State Championship?  That year Heritage beat Maryville 28 zip!

Maryville should beat Heritage handily. 

Now just what makes WB such a huge powerhouse in your mind?  I think WB is making a great deal of progress under Coach Meadows, and they had a great win last week, but I think Heritage will win this year when they play.  That makes me stupid?

825741347[/snapback]

yea pretty much. heritage aint got a shot at beatin wb. we werent that strong the last 2 years and played like crap against heritage and still didnt lose. and also, heritage beat campbell co. 13-0. . . THIRTEEN - O. . CC didnt even have their runnin back haha and he is their whole team, they were lucky to win that one. . now tell me they could beat clarksville or soddy

Ok. What i see is that everyone is just talking trash. that's typical days before the game. you can go ahead and keep on. it's not going to hurt anyone's feelings. everyone knows what has to be done. maryville is a greatly coached football team and a freakin dynasty and yes it's possible they can be upset by the mountaineers. this is not even a region game and it don't really count. both teams are basically playing for bragging rights. the maryville/heritage rivalry is somewhat big. especially when it's played at mhs. everyone wants to beat maryville. heritage has struggled for years in the past. they are getting better. they lost a heart breaker to farragut and their refs last week. just because they are 2-1 they haven't lost spirit. Farragut is a good team and maryville is a lot better but hey anythings possible. i'm not going to guarantee a win or predict a score but heritage can hang in there. but just keep bashing heritage if that's what you guys like to do in your spare time. heritage would really love to pull this one out and beat mhs at maryville.

im glad this guy is talking about college football when this is a high school site and no heritage cannot hang with maryville in the conteset friday night at maryville if you really believe that they can then you need to rethink your statement and come watch the rebels run all over heritage and see what real football is all about....

825741634[/snapback]

I have watch more "Real football" at Maryville and everywhere else Maryville has played the past ten years. Watch other HS, College, and Pro football as well, because it is my hobby. Also got some coaching in my back ground. I have had a son's play in the program and have one now. I've missed maybe 4 games the past ten years, I know how good the program has been and is now. No more anwesers to your mindless posts, enjoy the game.