Milan Bulldogs

maxxstang

Guess what 7-2A fans, Milan is trying an end-run to try and improve their position in the final standings come week 11.

Here is what I KNOW:

1- Week 1 Milan against Crockett Co the game was called at halftime because of weather. The Score was Milan 7 Crockett Co. 6. I contacted a TSSAA official to understand the status of this game. He told me it had been decided that this game was a "no contest" unless it was finished on the field.

Understand that if there is a three way tie at the end of the season between Huntingdon, Westview, and Milan, the first tie-breaker is regular season records and at this point Milan would be eliminated automatically because they would only have 9 completed games.

2- PA Pratt, coach of Crockett Co, tried to reschedule the game giving three different dates that the game could be rescheduled. Coach Jeff Morris refused because of "scheduling problems".

3- Milan coach Jeff Morris has now PAID Middleton to play on a Monday night in a game he is confident he can win.

After all the "smack" that Milan and the Jackson Sun has talked about how much better Milan is than Crockett Co you would think that Morris would want his chance to prove on the field how much better Milan is than CC.

Coach Morris; Too bad Clarksburg doesnt have an open date in their schedule to play you. :thumb:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what 7-2A fans, Milan is trying an end-run to try and improve their position in the final standings come week 11.

Here is what I KNOW:

1- Week 1 Milan against Crockett Co the game was called at halftime because of weather.  The Score was Milan 7 Crockett Co. 6.  I contacted a TSSAA official to understand the status of this game.  He told me it had been decided that this game was a "no contest" unless it was finished on the field.

Understand that if there is a three way tie at the end of the season between Huntingdon, Westview, and Milan, the first tie-breaker is regular season records and at this point Milan would be eliminated automatically because they would only have 9 completed games.

2- PA Pratt, coach of Crockett Co, tried to reschedule the game giving three different dates that the game could be rescheduled.  Coach Jeff Morris refused because of "scheduling problems".

3- Milan coach Jeff Morris has now PAID Middleton to play on a Monday night in a game he is confident he can win.

After all the "smack" that Milan and the Jackson Sun has talked about how much better Milan is than Crockett Co you would think that Morris would want his chance to prove on the field how much better Milan is than CC.

Coach Morris; Too bad Clarksburg doesnt have an open date in their schedule to play you.  :thumb:

825738425[/snapback]

Some of what you speak is truth. But make sure you have All your facts straight before you type a post like that. You're right about the tie breaker, and the overall record coming into play; therefore, it is important to play that 10th game. My facts are straight so here they are: Both teams tried to find a time to schedule the suspended game. The best time that Crockett could do it was on the monday following the Huntingdon game and before the Dresden game. These are 2 big region games and I think most anyone would agree that is not a good time for a game. I'm pretty sure that's the week that Crockett does not play someone that's very good that following friday night, which makes senes on their part and I cannot blame them. The same thing was tried on the other side of things. Milan's best time was the week Milan plays Manasas, which makes sense just like Crockett's best week to play was the week they had a weaker opponent. But that week was not good for Crockett either, 'cause it was following a tough game and also the week of a tough game for them (As you can see, same situation on both sides) . That's the Facts, and they cannot be argued. Also, I do not think anyone should question who Milan schedules, because all of West Tennessee knows that they always play a very tough schedule. Before the expanded region, out of region opponents included teams such as JCM and Covington. So, the easy opponent does not make a whole lot of sense to argue, plus, would any coach in their right mind schedule a very tough team on a monday following a game and the week of a game, I don't think so. As I said, you speak some truth, but that's the rest of the facts, and there's no room for argumment.

Some of what you speak is truth.  But make sure you have All your facts straight before you type a post like that.  You're right about the tie breaker, and the overall record coming into play; therefore, it is important to play that 10th game.  My facts are straight so here they are:  Both teams tried to find a time to schedule the suspended game.  The best time that Crockett could do it was on the monday following the Huntingdon game and before the Dresden game.  These are 2 big region games and I think most anyone would agree that is not a good time for a game.  I'm pretty sure that's the week that Crockett does not play someone that's very good that following friday night, which makes senes on their part and I cannot blame them.  The same thing was tried on the other side of things.  Milan's best time was the week Milan plays Manasas, which makes sense just like Crockett's best week to play was the week they had a weaker opponent.  But that week was not good for Crockett either, 'cause it was following a tough game and also the week of a tough game for them (As you can see, same situation on both sides) . That's the Facts, and they cannot be argued.  Also, I do not think anyone should question who Milan schedules, because all of West Tennessee knows that they always play a very tough schedule.  Before the expanded region, out of region opponents included teams such as JCM and Covington.  So, the easy opponent does not make a whole lot of sense to argue, plus, would any coach in their right mind schedule a very tough team on a monday following a game and the week of a game, I don't think so.  As I said, you speak some truth, but that's the rest of the facts, and there's no room for argumment.

825738464[/snapback]

very good post i have to aggree and also if morris did schedule a very tough team on a monday like u metioned we would be calling him stupid for doing it that is it bottom line case closed besides i seriously doubt that there will be a tie but it is possible

very good post i have to aggree and also if morris did schedule a very tough team on a monday like u metioned we would be calling him stupid for doing it that is it bottom line case closed besides i seriously doubt that there will be a tie but it is possible

825738473[/snapback]

First of all you ask me to get "ALL" the facts yet in your reply you are not even sure of who Crockett Co is playing on the Friday after the Monday mentioned. What you are sure of is that they are a weak opponent.

What I find most interesting is that of ALL the games that got suspended, or postponed on Friday night week 1. This is the only one that did not get completed. Stop making excuses and put you money where your mouth is. :thumb:

First of all you ask me to get "ALL" the facts yet in your reply you are not even sure of who Crockett Co is playing on the Friday after the Monday mentioned.  What you are sure of is that they are a weak opponent. 

What I find most interesting is that of ALL the games that got suspended, or postponed on Friday night week 1.  This is the only one that did not get completed.  Stop making excuses and put you money where your mouth is. :thumb:

825738506[/snapback]

for one i do dont knowwho crockett plays but then again that does not matter they would not play us on a week where they had a very tough team to play for region action milan i know for sure is not scared to play anyone just look at last year was a down year and u make it all the way to the semis and lose to a very goos huntingdon team there is no shame in that u look at who milan has played over the years and just think long and hard before u post crapo like that on these boards i dont know what u have against milan i figure ur a huntingdon fan but i speak from experience u discrace programs like huntingdon milan and westview not matter what u always have a good game out of the three and for thaty matter ill go out on a limb one of those three will be representing this side of the state in the boro come dec on another note the milan crockett game really doesnt matter any way and like i said i dont think it wout get to a point that there is a tie i think westview will be the clear region champ and if they didnt have a tough team why would they not play us on that date like i said we would all be calling morris stupid if he aggreed to play crockett on that week and risk injury that it end of story

What I find most interesting is that of ALL the games that got suspended, or postponed on Friday night week 1.  This is the only one that did not get completed.  Stop making excuses and put you money where your mouth is. :thumb:

825738506[/snapback]

Wasn't the Adamsville-McNairy game called and not scheduled to be completed? Rather, it was considered a complete game with McNairy determined to be the winner.

I'm merely asking, and not making a statement about how any of the games were handled. Just curious as to anyone's opinion or knowledge about the similarities of the two situations.

well even though I still think Milan should have played at the Rock, I have to agree with the Milan fans here. To finish the game, it takes BOTH coaches to agree on a date. If milan offered some dates then CC could have accepted them. It`s a shame that it can`t be finished, but undoubtedly neither team could find a good mutual open date. Time to forget about that and move on.

well even though I still think Milan should have played at the Rock, I have to agree with the Milan fans here. To finish the game, it takes BOTH coaches to agree on a date. If milan offered some dates then CC could have accepted them. It`s a shame that it can`t be finished, but undoubtedly neither team could find a good mutual open date. Time to forget about that and move on.

825738666[/snapback]

ty vg u are 100% correct on this it takes both teams aggreeing and they both have to think about region competition too as for playing at the rock i aggree with u wwe should have been there i really have to think that morris was listening to fans cause i had heard before it even came up that people would not go if it wa played there the funny thing is i know stuff happens every where but if so why would they not just ask jpd for more presense just to make sure nothing happened u know what i mean that was just my thought but as we all know we dont get to make those decisions right

The bottom line on this is that Milan and Crockett County should have finished this game the next day! End of story! I noticed on the Milan schedule on this site that the game is listed as suspended. However, it is still listed as a victory for Milan and this site shows Milan with a record of 2-0. Since the game was not finished, Milan's record is only 1-0. Somebody on this site needs to correct that little error. If what I read on this site is correct, Milan has scheduled another opponant to take the place of Crockett County so that they will have 10 games and better odds in a tie breaker situation. It's real nice to not reschedule a game with a tough team and replace them with someone from Twinkieville.

I am very critical of BOTH schools for not finishing this game the following night. The worst case scenario should of had this game being finished the following Monday. If it could not have been completed on Saturday or Monday, then Milan and Crockett County should be made to deal with a 9 game schedule and the pitfalls that may or may not come with that.

I am very critical of BOTH schools for not finishing this game the following night. The worst case scenario should of had this game being finished the following Monday. If it could not have been completed on Saturday or Monday, then Milan and Crockett County should be made to deal with a 9 game schedule and the pitfalls that may or may not come with that.

825740031[/snapback]

It was my understanding that Crockett wanted to come back on Saturday and finish the game, but Milan didn't want to do that.