TOP 1A SCHOOLS

bigtuck4242

1. Trousdale Co.

2. DCA

3. CPA

4. Boyd

5. USJ

OH wait I forgot ONLY TROUSDALE REMAINS, what crap.....

Since all the good privates are gone MAYBE SP has a chance even with a doo doo team. :o

825741824[/snapback]

If you stop to think Trousdale should be at the top since they have 390 students. 10 more would put them in 2A. SP has 274 and Cloudland only has 219. These stats would seem to give Trousdale a big edge at least it looks that way to me. For example assuming 50/50 male female enrollment. Trousdale would have 58 more boys to be potential players than SP and 85 more than Cloudland. So maybe they aren't that much better they are just that much bigger. Of course I wouldn't dare suggest that they might have supposed to be in 2A anyway. 10 students aren't very many more or less.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you stop to think Trousdale should be at the top since they have 390 students. 10 more would put them in 2A. SP has 274 and Cloudland only has 219. These stats would seem to give Trousdale a big edge at least it looks that way to me. For example assuming 50/50 male female enrollment. Trousdale would have 58 more boys to be potential players than SP and 85 more than Cloudland. So maybe they aren't that much better they are just that much bigger. Of course I wouldn't dare suggest that they might have supposed to be in 2A anyway. 10 students aren't very many more or less.

825742634[/snapback]

WoW. I hope Trousdale wins and somebody uses the excuse that we had 390 students and they only had 274.... When schools are that close in enrollment if you have a solid program it shouldn't matter.

Trousdale County beat Livingston Academy two weeks ago and they have over 830 students. They play and are favored to win against Smith County this week and they have over 600 students. 3A Cannon County has almost 600 students and they lost to 1A Jo Byrns 28-0. See what Im saying.

People are going to know who Hampton is by the end of the season. Very well may have the biggest line in all of 1a. Remember the name Price,335 lbs and can move. Some people may know him by BIGDOG71. If you happen to see #54,get out of his way,he likes to wreck. Potter the fullback is a hoss and Townsend the tailback is quick as a cat and very strong. This team is simalar to the team they had in 96 when they should have won the state in 2a. The only place they did'nt beat Knox Webb was on the scoreboard. If this team works hard and keeps improving,they very well could win the state..They also have one heck of a coaching staff. Laugh now,tell me you're sorry later.

WoW. I hope Trousdale wins and somebody uses the excuse that we had 390 students and they only had 274.... When schools are that close in enrollment if you have a solid program it shouldn't matter.

Trousdale County beat Livingston Academy two weeks ago and they have over 830 students. They play and are favored to win against Smith County this week and they have over 600 students. 3A Cannon County has almost 600 students and they lost to 1A Jo Byrns 28-0. See what Im saying.

825742664[/snapback]

I went to school in Cannon county for 12 years. To brag about beating them is a joke. I sure didn't see yall hanging around after CPA in 2000 to take on the privates. You jumped up to 3A to get away from them. It's easier on the reputation to lose to 3A rather than 1A I guess.

Edited by krp

825742634[/snapback]

Hampton has about 420 kids

825742634[/snapback]

As a matter of fact when the students were counted last year we had 366 not 390, so before you go talking stuff you know nothing about get your facts straight.

I think all of u guys are really looking over region 5. Region 5 has been the best region in 1A w/ DCA, CPA and other private schools, but w/ them gone and some new teams joining the leftovers i think u will see some good teams who have competed w/ those private schools play alot of good football. Just saying dont over look region 5 and the two top teams in there Jo Byrns and Cascade.

Really trying not to post anymore now that I'm graduated but I have to say I saw nothing about Cascade that is convincing of being a top team in the region, much less the state, unless everyone else is just THAT bad. Besides that last 8 or 9 minutes of their game at NCS, they were kept in check on both sides of the ball. That being said, it took a lot of heart to score like they did and come back from down 19-0 in 5 minutes, so you can't take that away from them. Regardless, neither Cascade nor NCS looked really great in their game, but Cascade showed no signs of being the top team in the region, maybe not even top 2 or 3. No knock on Cascade, just giving some perspective. Good luck to all Region 5 teams this year.

Edited by Big48Eagle