Warren County@ White County

WC43

Congrats to the Warriors. I think everybody thought it would be closer. You guys have a lot of weapons and will have a fine season. Our Pioneers are improved over last year but obviously still have some work to do. Great crowd support from Warren County tonight. I hope it continues.

825745054[/snapback]

Absolutely to the above. Number #42 for White Co Played very hard and ran the ball hard (Warren Co made him look even better by missing so many tackles - but good running backs make defences miss tackles). Warren Co had very good support from the fans. Visitors side was full of red and it was packed around the trac and the red even coved about 1/3 of the home side. I thought the White Co folks were mostly very good host to the large crowd from across the border. What's with the concessions running out of nearly everything but diet pepsi? No Popcorn! No real Food!

Most penalties I have ever seen in a high school game. Warren Co did get a few breaks on some calls but the "un-sportmen-like conduct" of White Co could have been thrown all night long. Late in the game even Warren Co got into it a little bit (probably due to frustration). I think two White Co players were ejected (I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong). Lots of late hits - shoving after the play - taunting, etc. - (and I think a few words that wern't nice to say). White Co has enough talent to win in a good game with out all that. They need to settle down some or it will come back to haunt them as the season goes on.

Bounce back Pioneers. Learn from mistakes.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's kellraiser?  He must have stopped at Rock Island and jumped off the bridge.....

825745147[/snapback]

that's a good one! he, he. <_< congrats to the warriors. i knew u would win. where is all the people that predicted a huge warren co. win? warren co. has improved alot. hang in there, u will win another game or two this year.we were just better.

Man...these padded walls are so soft. Good thing they gave me a computer. For some reason they took my belt and shoe laces from me too. Hey...is that Charles Manson over there? Oh well...

Very impressed with the warriors. There was some talk as to if they could compete or win against Lincoln County. If they play with the same intensity as last night, I think they could beat the Falcons. White County ground it out against the Pioneers alot last night and had enough big passing plays to keep 'em honest. This White County bunch will be good for some time to come.

Both teams had 200 yards of penalties. GUH!!!

Let's not turn our backs on these Pioneers though. We've got alot of important ball games to play this year. Cookeville this Friday and some very important region games that could be hard fought contests and possible wins. The Pioneers have to be sure and look at those stands in Cookeville and realize that this community has not given up on them after one non-region game. I'll be there...will you?

Best of Luck to White County the rest of the way and most importantly...

GO PIONEERS!!!

does anybody know how many yards rushing  dell lewis jr. had last night?

825745743[/snapback]

McMinnville radio reported something under 100 - like 96 or so on 12 carries. Of course some of his best running was after he caught passes and this would not be included in the above amount. Stats were very close I think with Warren Co slightly ahead in total yards and Warren Co having many more 1st downs. (White Co. covered more ground in fewer plays and had much better special teams stats.)

14 penalties on White co and 7 on Warren co. I thought it would have been a lot more. I think this must not include three or four offsetting penalties.

Somebody went back and got Kellraiser - didn't leave him after all. We want him to be at Cookeville next week with the rest of Warren Co..

Edited by jcm

McMinnville radio reported something under 100 - like 96 or so on 12 carries. Of course some of his best running was after he caught passes and this would not be included in the above amount. Stats were very close I think with Warren Co slightly ahead in total yards and Warren Co having many more 1st downs. (White Co. covered more ground is fewer plays and had much better special teams stats.)

14 penalties on White co and 7 on Warren co. I thought it would have been a lot more. I think this must not include three or four offsetting penalties.

Somebody went back and got Kellraiser - didn't leave him after all. We want him to be at Cookeville next week with the rest of Warren Co..

825745885[/snapback]

We had Lewis with 95 rushing yards and 75 yards receiving. Not a bad night's work.

Edited by wcsports