CPA vs. MBA finally

divepix

I've been watching CPA football for 11 years and other than scrimmages, we have never played MBA. Schools are close to each other, lots of families and players grew up together and have friendships. Ex-CPA Coach Pack played there and almost went to coach there before Coach Rutledge was hired.

MBA has a great tradition of great teams and should be favored, but CPA is becoming very stingy on defense, so MBA better be clicking on offense.

MBA fans, what are the bright spots of your team this year? What do you think are your keys to beating an improving CPA team? We look forward to you visiting the Lion's Den. For a lot of you, it is a shorter drive to CPA than to your own school. :lol:

Before the season, I would have had CPA as a big underdog, but I think this one will be a tossup.

Edited by divepix

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching CPA football for 11 years and other than scrimmages, we have never played MBA. Schools are close to each other, lots of families and players grew up together and have friendships. Ex-CPA Coach Pack played there and almost went to coach there before Coach Rutledge was hired.

MBA has a great tradition of great teams and should be favored, but CPA is becoming very stingy on defense, so MBA better be clicking on offense.

MBA fans, what are the bright spots of your team this year? What do you think are your keys to beating an improving CPA team? We look forward to you visiting the Lion's Den. For a lot of you, it is a shorter drive to CPA than to your own school. :lol:

Before the season, I would have had CPA as a big underdog, but I think this one will be a tossup.

825739603[/snapback]

MBA's strengths are tailbacks and overall team size. Physically, the team is as tough as any in the state. Speed is a problem, but with more games I'm sure MBA will adjust properly. Knowing the program well, I am certain that with each week, the team is working harder and harder. I just hope the coaches and players do not start to panic and begin to press.

I really do not know much about CPA. What do they have? I am glad to see this matchup as well. Any game with a team in your area is great. Good Luck to both teams and Go Big Red.

MBA's strengths are tailbacks and overall team size. Physically, the team is as tough as any in the state. Speed is a problem, but with more games I'm sure MBA will adjust properly. Knowing the program well, I am certain that with each week, the team is working harder and harder. I just hope the coaches and players do not start to panic and begin to press.

I really do not know much about CPA. What do they have? I am glad to see this matchup as well. Any game with a team in your area is great. Good Luck to both teams and Go Big Red.

825739618[/snapback]

CPA's strength is their defense, expecially on the line and linebackers. They are not real big, but lots of speed and well coached. Defensive backs are young and make some mistakes, but are getting better each week. Held DCA scoreless in 2nd half.

Offense is very young with one senior starter and a sophomore QB who has as much pure talent as probably any they have had, but still needs game experience. Strength on offense is running back, Harrison, and the running of QB, Lowery.

Other strength is an offensive scheme that is well put together by Coach Matthews. They have struggled offensively due to youth, but will get better each week.

I am pretty sure in a pre season scrimmage CPA was down 35-0 at half vs BA and called the game.  If this is true look for MBA to do about the same.  I am glad you "held DCA scoreless for a half", but this is a much different team.

MBA- 42    CPA-10

825739766[/snapback]

The BA scrimmage meant nothing. We held out most of our key players that night and had several injured that didn't play. If we can improve our offense, I look for this to be a close one.

yea but how hard will mba play after having a 1-2 record maybe a bit demoralized

825739810[/snapback]

I doubt they are too demoralize after losing to two defending state champs, one of which is a top caliber national opponent. MUS was the only TN to beat MBA last year so I am sure they have plenty of confidence to finish the season strong.