Tennessee Titans....

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII

big week coming up for the Titans. the Texans are one of the worst teams in the NFL so they might be able to get their 2nd victory of the season. the Texans looked alot better last week against the Bengals than they did the first few weeks though so it wont be an easy game. coming in to the season this was the only game out of the first 6 that i thought the Titans could win so they really need this one. they are at a crucial point in the season...this is the youngest team in the NFL and if they fall to 1-4 alot of these guys will probably give up but if they win and get to 2-3 there will still be hope that they can salvage a decent season. there not a playoff team either way but as far as momentum goes this is a huge game....it could be the difference between a 7-9 season and a 2-14 season.

Idk what to think about the Titans as of late...holdout rookies, druggies for Rbs...whats next?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Woolfolk making like a Christmas Tree and getting lite up!

come one fellas, its not like they let the Cleveland Browns pass all over them or anything. they've been torched by the Colts and the Rams, the 2 most potent passing offenses in the NFL....heck Bulger passed for almost 450 yards last week so it could have been worse. im gonna go out a limb here and say David Carr doesnt pass for 300 and 4 td's . :huh:

Titans figure out another way to lose a game, the same way they lost their last one, Steve McNair giving it away with untimely interceptions. Steve has once again felt like he needed to take the game on his back. Except, this time the team was carrying themselves along quite well. It makes you wonder is there something going on in Titanland that the press knows nothing about. This was very uncharacteristic of a Steve McNair when it looked like his game was on.

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII

play of the game from sunday...

pacman gets called for pass int. and then still gets scored on by chad johnson...what a player we drafted...straight pathetic...

Keep in mind he was going against who some think is the best receiver in NFL right now! I still think throwing him out there is a great idea and this is going to happen but by the end of the season he will make some plays like that kick return a couple of weeks ago and next season I hink he will be a very good shut down corner once he learns what he can and can't get away with in the NFL. There was a reason he was one of the top 2 dbs in the draft just give him time.

The Atlanta Falcons did the same thing a couple of years ago with DeAngelo Hall and now he is doing pretty good.

I still think the Titans will have to get another corner in this years draft.

I don't know if you have noticed but the past couple of weeks for the most part teams have been going to the other side of the field away from Jones.

Did anyone see this that was in the paper about what some of the Titans thought about the penalties as well as what Chad Johnson thinks of Pacman Jones?

----------------------------------------------

"It looked like he (Jones) had good coverage," linebacker Keith Bulluck said. "But I told him, 'This is the NFL. The fans aren't paying their money to see Pacman Jones cover Chad Johnson. So if it is close and they see you (Jones) touching him, they are going to give it to the two-time Pro Bowler every time.'

"He's a young fellow. That's what he has to learn."

Two plays later Jones was flagged for interference again while covering Johnson in the end zone. Johnson made the touchdown catch and the penalty was declined.

Chad Johnson said he was impressed with Jones overall.

"He's good. Very good," Johnson said. "He's fast, quick. He has all the tools. He's going to be all right. He's going to get better and better as the years go on. He's going to be one of the top corners in the league."

-----------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Pacman showed why he was drafted first round by the Titans today. He ran punt return back for a TD only to be called back for a flag but he still showed he doesn't have a brain after allowing the game winning reception to go for twenty extra yards because of his half attempt to knock the receiver out of bounds. It's a miracle someone from the stands didn't plunk him with a beer bottle. This kid is all about his way or noway. I don't think the Titans will wait much longer for him to get on track.