Tennessee Titans....

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there, in person, and TV didn't do the Titans ineptitude justice. For those who believe the Titans are a playoff team....let me mention just a few of the ex- Titans....... who are not there to help......

1) Rolle

2) Mason

3) R Smith

4) J Thorton

5) Hall

6) Godfrey

7) Carter

8) Kearse

9) Nedney

10) George (OK, that is a good cut)

and the list goes on....... This is what I witnessed on defense. We used to run several defensive linemen and linebackers in and keep people rested and fresh. Not the case any more. The defense was fine early, but got tired and then pushed around. Conclusion: no depth. Secondary: What secondary. Corners are 2nd teamers on any other team. Without Rolle, which made many teams throw to the other side, enabling our defense to cheat at times. Can't do that anymore. Teams will be willing (and able) to throw to either side. Kicking game: Our punter will be pro bowl material if we don't wear his leg out during the season. FG?????? Forget it. he can't kick 'em. He missed every attempt in warm ups over 40 yards.

The offense looked good on the initial drive and the rest of the afternoon we shot ourselves in the foot. Look for the tight end to be the weapon of choice....because after Bennett, we are weak, and that includes the Middle Tennessee marvel. If the rookies develop like I think they will, Mr Middle Tennessee will play somewhere else next year. He couldn't juke a peg legged drunk pirate, so why do we believe he can juke a Steeler...... and the CB's ran with him all day on the deep routes......... (can't see that stuff on TV)

5-11.... again...... :justwrestle:

man, it was tough game to watch. the Titans defense looks more like a practice squad D. even Keith Bullock, the only stud on defense(well him and Haynseworth), was missing tackles. its gonna be a loooooong season if a Pittsburgh team that was starting their 3rd string rb could move the ball at will against the D. i did like the offense though early on....we were still in the game until Bennett coughed the ball up deep in Pittsburgh territory, that just killed any momentum they had goin. if some of those young guys on defense get a feel for the game as the season progresses they might get a little better down the stretch. the offense is gonna have to cut down on those silly turnovers though. next week will prove alot, if they cant stop the Ravens joke of an offense a few months from now we will be talking about who the Titans should select with the #1 pick.

if they cant stop the Ravens joke of an offense a few months from now we will be talking about who the Titans should select with the #1 pick.

825748550[/snapback]

The Ravens will also be starting a backup QB. I was a little surprised that Pacman didn't dress for the game. I think you have to throw him out there and let him go at it like the Falcons did with D. Hall. Pacman even with the missed practice time can't be much worse than what was out there. Let him matchup with someone one on one he has the speed and quickness to make something happen that the other corners don't have.

The Ravens will also be starting a backup QB.  I was a little surprised that Pacman didn't dress for the game.  I think you have to throw him out there and let him go at it like the Falcons did with D. Hall.  Pacman even with the missed practice time can't be much worse than what was out there.  Let him matchup with someone one on one he has the speed and quickness to make something happen that the other corners don't have.

825748574[/snapback]

that is so true....Pacman cant possibly be any worse that what they had on the field, atleast he does have the physical talent(something the other corners lack) to make something happen.

I have to say that the game was ugly but I was very impressed with the new Norm Chow offense.  I think if they don't stop there self they could put up a lot of points because for the most part the Titans moved the ball down field on the Steelers as much as the Steelers did on the Titans defense maybe not as quick but they still moved the ball.  They just need to find away to keep from dropping & fumbling the ball when there inside the other teams side of the field.

For the defense it looked like the Steelers ran the same off tackle play gaining 5 & 6 yards all day that is going to have to be stopped.  Now as for as the secondary go put Pacman Jones in the game and let him learn on the job.  He has quicks and moves that might make something happen that the other guys don't. 

I thought the return game did a very good job. :D

825746830[/snapback]

The return should have did a good job, after all, they got plenty of work. :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

big week coming up for the Titans. the Texans are one of the worst teams in the NFL so they might be able to get their 2nd victory of the season. the Texans looked alot better last week against the Bengals than they did the first few weeks though so it wont be an easy game. coming in to the season this was the only game out of the first 6 that i thought the Titans could win so they really need this one. they are at a crucial point in the season...this is the youngest team in the NFL and if they fall to 1-4 alot of these guys will probably give up but if they win and get to 2-3 there will still be hope that they can salvage a decent season. there not a playoff team either way but as far as momentum goes this is a huge game....it could be the difference between a 7-9 season and a 2-14 season.