Marion Co. @ Tyner

OVERHOLT2323

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And about the coaching...I think that Pruitt will do a great job.....that is if he's allowed to stay long enough.  The warrior fans have to start believing in someone soon.  They don't want to give any coach the chance to be a good coach.  And No! No! No!  This is not Ken Colquette nor will it ever be again.  Ya'll ran him out of town an he won't be back!  So let's start pulling for the team you have and start getting people back into the stands.  And get behind the coaches you have and support them in all sports, especially FOOTBALL !!!

825750920[/snapback]

I don't agree with this statement and you must know little about Marion County Football. Coach Puritt is doing a fine job and if your around the program or attend their games its very visual.

Attendance at the game is higher than it has been in the last 10 years. People come to the ballgames because you can see the energy and disipline in the players again. At least we are no longer making mistakes like spiking the ball on 4th down with 30 seconds left in the game any more. What was even more disturbing with this mistake was the quarterback was instructed to spike the ball by the sidelines.

Finally, I don't believe the majority of Marion fans expect or want Ken Colquette to return. I played and have much respect for Ken Colquette, but I am happy with the way this program is heading. Coach Pruitt and his Assistants are doing a great job developing this young team for the future. There are only 7 Seniors on this team out of 35+ kids. Also with the rejuvenated Jr High program, Marion County football is headed in the right direction.

And about the coaching...I think that Pruitt will do a great job.....that is if he's allowed to stay long enough.  The warrior fans have to start believing in someone soon.  They don't want to give any coach the chance to be a good coach.  And No! No! No!  This is not Ken Colquette nor will it ever be again.  Ya'll ran him out of town an he won't be back!  So let's start pulling for the team you have and start getting people back into the stands.  And get behind the coaches you have and support them in all sports, especially FOOTBALL !!!

825750920[/snapback]

I'm wondering what you base this statement on. I've attended every scrimmage, every game and 90% of practices this year; I've not heard any complaints about the coaching. If someone at Marion County is suggesting Pruitt needs to be gone, I haven't heard it. The Marion County football program is on solid ground thanks to Coach Pruitt and his staff. All the naysayers that see things otherwise are just so many puffs of wind IMO.

You're probably more familiar with the QB situation, so I'll go with you on this one.  And about the coaching...I think that Pruitt will do a great job.....that is if he's allowed to stay long enough.  The warrior fans have to start believing in someone soon.  They don't want to give any coach the chance to be a good coach.  And No! No! No!  This is not Ken Colquette nor will it ever be again.  Ya'll ran him out of town an he won't be back!  So let's start pulling for the team you have and start getting people back into the stands.  And get behind the coaches you have and support them in all sports, especially FOOTBALL !!!

825750920[/snapback]

NOBODY RAN COACH COLQUETTE OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!! HE LEFT ON HIS FOR MORE MONEY IS SOUTH GEORGIA.

I played at Marion. Coach Pruitt is doing a great job. he's definitely heading the program in the right direction. Prior to Coach Pruitt getting to Marion, look at how far the program had fallen. I'm not going to badmouth the prior coaches, but the people around Jasper were spoiled by Colquette. If you simply look at the situation from an impartial view it's quite obvious the people expected to win immediately again or the coach would be run out of town. Ken's not going to come back to Jasper. Everybody needs to accept that. Everybody should support Coach Pruitt and his assistants just like they did through the 80's adn 90's. There's alot of talented students at Marion so hopefully with some time and everybody showing some patience those championships will return. Instead of being critical of a loss here adn there, just give the coaches the support they definitely deserve! If you add up all the hours the coaches are at the fieldhouse adn practices, they're basically working for free. So Coach Pruitt, all I have to say to you is THANKS for all your hard work. :D Good luck!

MC-Dad, when were you at Marion?

Great game for Ram fans! Great attendance for Tyner and a flawless game. The game next week against Fulton should be a good one.

Drumline looked great tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

825753563[/snapback]

...Gotta' give it up for the RAM "D"...Marion County only got to the Red Zone maybe twice and both times they got shut down...Fulton will be a key game to end the 1st half of the regular season and I know it should be a good one...let's stay focused "RAMTRAIN"...we are not quite there....yet!!!

I played at Marion.  Coach Pruitt is doing a great job.  he's definitely heading the program in the right direction.  Prior to Coach Pruitt getting to Marion, look at how far the program had fallen.  I'm not going to badmouth the prior coaches, but the people around Jasper were spoiled by Colquette.  If you simply look at the situation from an impartial view it's quite obvious the people expected to win immediately again or the coach would be run out of town.  Ken's not going to come back to Jasper.  Everybody needs to accept that.  Everybody should support Coach Pruitt and his assistants just like they did through the 80's adn 90's.  There's alot of talented students at Marion so hopefully with some time and everybody showing some patience those championships will return.  Instead of being critical of a loss here adn there, just give the coaches the support they definitely deserve!  If you add up all the hours the coaches are at the fieldhouse adn practices, they're basically working for free.  So Coach Pruitt, all I have to say to you is THANKS for all your hard work.    :thumb:  Good luck! 

MC-Dad, when were you at Marion?

825752760[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly!!!

This is what I have been trying to express to you Warriors!

Not being negative...... just truthful and opinionated!

Edited by LittleJimmy