TSSAA Redistricting

WSCC91

Do you think that the TSSAA is kicking themselves for voting down the Z-Plan (which would have put everyone back into three classifications) now that the price has gas has gotten to where it is. It is becoming very expensive for many teams to just play their regional games now. Wonder if there is any talk of going back to the three classifications for this reason.

Do you think that the TSSAA is kicking themselves for voting down the Z-Plan (which would have put everyone back into three classifications) now that the price has gas has gotten to where it is. It is becoming very expensive for many teams to just play their regional games now. Wonder if there is any talk of going back to the three classifications for this reason.

825747741[/snapback]

Hindsight is always 20/20. I have heard schools are cancelling freshman and JV games to cut down the gas expense.

825747741[/snapback]

I think going to 4 would make more sense in a state our size.

I think going to 4 would make more sense in a state our size.

825747775[/snapback]

I agree with that. I've long been a proponent of 4 classes -- not only for football but 4 classes across the board, or at least in football, basketball, baseball and softball. .... I have always found it odd that a state with more schools playing basketball than football had more football classifications than basketball. ... 4 classes for the major sports would bring about a consistency in regions/districts and the ability to play natural rivals. .... The money issue is easily solved as well. Where the TSSAA would lose an entire classification of football playoffs, it would gain an entire classification for basketball postseason, as well as baseball and softball.

One of these days -- and maybe gas prices will be the catalyst -- the TSSAA will have to look at the issue of consistency in its classification process.

I agree with that. I've long been a proponent of 4 classes -- not only for football but 4 classes across the board, or at least in football, basketball, baseball and softball. .... I have always found it odd that a state with more schools playing basketball than football had more football classifications than basketball. ... 4 classes for the major sports would bring about a consistency in regions/districts and the ability to play natural rivals. .... The money issue is easily solved as well. Where the TSSAA would lose an entire classification of football playoffs, it would gain an entire classification for basketball postseason, as well as baseball and softball.

One of these days -- and maybe gas prices will be the catalyst -- the TSSAA will have to look at the issue of consistency in its classification process.

825747804[/snapback]

sounds logical................probably too logical

Um, well, let me tell you what my bus driver told me on the way to Ohio on a church youth trip this summer ... "So many people pay $1.39 for a bottle of water<20 oz>, which they can get for free out of the tap ... but they'll complain about paying $2.89 for a gallon of gas."

The honest truth is ... gas is expensive and when it goes up to $4.00 or even goes back down to $2.79 ... people will still buy gas and people will still complain about it.

Anyone remember when Cokes were 5 cents or 35 cents or 50 cents .... ? Now, in the gas station, they are $1.19 and the coke man is there every week refilling the racks .... why, because people buy them.

We are still going to have to travel when it comes to playing any sport ... hook-up with the booster club and start a fundraiser and use the money to pay for the gas for the season. Just a thought. :thumb:

Um, well, let me tell you what my bus driver told me on the way to Ohio on a church youth trip this summer ... "So many people pay $1.39 for a bottle of water<20 oz>, which they can get for free out of the tap ... but they'll complain about paying $2.89 for a gallon of gas." 

The honest truth is ... gas is expensive and when it goes up to $4.00 or even goes back down to $2.79 ... people will still buy gas and people will still complain about it. 

Anyone remember when Cokes were 5 cents or 35 cents or 50 cents .... ?  Now, in the gas station, they are $1.19 and the coke man is there every week refilling the racks .... why, because people buy them. 

We are still going to have to travel when it comes to playing any sport ... hook-up with the booster club and start a fundraiser and use the money to pay for the gas for the season.  Just a thought.    :thumb:

825747984[/snapback]

True words, indeed!