Who is the Top Receiver in Chattanooga area?

moc3balla

In your opinion who is the best receiver in the Chattanooga area?

Here are the top receivers numbers -- according to the Times Free Press:

1) Seth Skogen ( Temple ) -- 35 receptions for 695 yards

2) Tony Taylor ( East Ridge ) -- 26 receptions for 505 yards

3) Eric Atchley ( Soddy-Daisy ) -- 26 receptions for 454 yards

4) Ty Levie ( Baylor ) -- 24 receptions for 371 yards

These are the only stats I have -- so if you have numbers from other players please post them. Thanx.

Note: These numbers are as of 9/19

Edited by moc3balla

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah -- I wonder how a quarterback that is considered not to be too good can get so many passing yards to a receiver that is also considered not to be too good?

Oh, that's right they play for Temple and they don't play anyone.

It must be luck.

No talent.

Just a little game of catch in the backyard with a few friends, that's all.

I forgot.

I'm sorry.

Why did I even have to bring it up?

Football is a game played with arms, legs and shoulders but mostly from the neck up.

Knute Rockne

825749681[/snapback]

I agree with Temple Fan-they don't play anybody...

I agree with Temple Fan-they don't play anybody...

825749691[/snapback]

I was reading one of your other post http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?act=ST&...ost&p=825738752 -- and you said that Temple plays a weaker schedule than South Pittsburg. Well, the last time I checked South Pittsburg plays 6 of the same teams that Temple plays (plus they play Temple too). So, how is it that Temple "don't play anybody"? I suppose you would have to say that SP doesn't play anyone either, am I right?

Just a question, that's all.

I was reading one of your other post http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?act=ST&...ost&p=825738752  -- and you said that Temple plays a weaker schedule than South Pittsburg. Well, the last time I checked South Pittsburg plays 6 of the same teams that Temple plays (plus they play Temple too). So, how is it that Temple "don't play anybody"? I suppose you would have to say that SP doesn't play anyone either, am I right?

Just a question, that's all.

825749765[/snapback]

Maybe the 3 or 4 other games that SP plays are stronger than the teams Temple plays. Just a thought. I haven't looked at the schedules so i wouldn't know.

Maybe the 3 or 4 other games that SP plays are stronger than the teams Temple plays.  Just a thought. I haven't looked at the schedules so i wouldn't know.

825749821[/snapback]

That may be true --

Temple has Unaka, Taft, and Oakdale on their schedule.

SP has Greenback, Bledsoe, and Marion on theirs.

But an established program like South Pittsburg (which has been in existence for over 80 years) should have a better schedule than Temple (which has only been playing football for 3 years).

You have to admit -- they've done a pretty good job for being a young program.

Edited by 0FrankTheTank0

What a joke this post is!!

Look Skogan might have over 500 yards, but please.

Temple does not even come close to playing the kind of competition as the other guys on the list put before us.

I guarantee that Atchley, Levie, and Taylor are far better receivers than Skogan.

When Temple starts playing some quality competition and puts numbers up like they are now -- then you can start to brag about your players.

Im not sayin this b/c Im a sp fan but everyone is tryin to overlook Antonio Robinson. Hes one of the top recievers if not the top receiver in the chatt area. Seth Skogen? Hes a good ball playaer without a doubt. He should be in the top 10. But to have him as #1? you got to be kidding me. In my opinion Antonio's a better receiver than Seth. Just imagine if antonio played for temple and seth played for the pirates. seth wouldnt be able to do half the things antonio does for the pirates.

antonio barely gets to touch the ball. did you see his stats against LV. only 6 catches for 131yds. and 4 tds. they only threw the ball 12 times tell me thats not good. so dont under estimate antonio thinkin that seths so great b/c if antonio was gett at least 15-20 passes thrown to him every game wat do u think his stats would look like!!!!!!!!!

Im not sayin this b/c Im a sp fan but everyone is tryin to overlook Antonio Robinson. Hes one of the top recievers if not the top receiver in the chatt area. Seth Skogen? Hes a good ball playaer without a doubt. He should be in the top 10. But to have him as #1? you got to be kidding me. In my opinion Antonio's a better receiver than Seth. Just imagine if antonio played for temple and seth played for the pirates. seth wouldnt be able to do half the things antonio does for the pirates.

antonio barely gets to touch the ball. did you see his stats against LV. only 6 catches for 131yds. and 4 tds. they only threw the ball 12 times tell me thats not good. so dont under estimate antonio thinkin that seths so great b/c if antonio was gett at least 15-20 passes thrown to him every game wat do u think his stats would look like!!!!!!!!!

825750110[/snapback]

Great post, dude!

Great post, dude!

825750167[/snapback]

Great post? You have got to be kidding! Not only did he get all the stats wrong, which he did, just go check it again, but he gave no supporting evidence to back up his opinion. I will get on here and say that Grace Academy is better than McCallie. They have a 4-0 record, McCallie lost a game. So what do you think of that? Where is the support for such an asinine statement? Come on you guys, if you are going to make a statment support it with some objective reasoning, and stop arguing like a bunch of emotional women. (nothing against women, only that the stereotype is that women are more emotionally argued than are men, it may be true and it may not).

Robinson is very talented and has the "liability" of playing on a run oriented team, (some would argue that is no liability because he will get more pub becaues of it) but so is Skogen. How many times has our "poster" seen Skogen play? Probably zero and yet he is on here pontificating about that which he knows nothing. Temple's program is not what others are, not yet and possibly not ever, but that is no reason to take away from individual talent. Seth is 6'4" 215, runs a 4.65 as of last spring and has done pretty well. Give a guy credit for what he has done, it doesn't mean he is the best, it just means he has done well.