Teams to watch in next 3 years

fball58

You're thinking with your heart, not your head.

I can speak from first hand experiences here in Hickman County this year. When we get to drop down it will be an amazing difference for us. Facing competition like Lewis Co, Waverly, Loretto, Richland, and so on will be a huge difference. Hickman Co. will fight for a region championship every year in this region. It's about time we played some teams in our same competition bracket. When the move happens don't be suprised when Hickman County wins numerous region titles. I know what its like down here and I'm not speaking with my heart, these kids have something to fight for and a group of coaches willing to work and fight for them.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherokee Chiefs. The 7th and 8th graders from the Rogersville Middle School, who went 8-0 in the tough middle eight conference in 2002, are going to be juniors and seniors next year and will make up a majority of the team. Alot of these kids are making an impact this year as starting sophmores and juniors. With the playoff experience gained this year (Cherokee enters state region playoffs at 3rd seed from the tough 5 rivers conference), look for Cherokee to go farther into the state playoffs than ever before next year.

I doubt it. Don't read too much into the early season wins over 2A schools Lewis County and Waverly. <deleted stuff>

You do realize we don't drop for two years and all the Seniors and Juniors will be gone? We beat teams that Coach Swenson teams have smoked in the past.

When we drop, we will have kids that have played together since 5, all playing a system that the coaches will help with. JrPro to Middle School to High School.

When we drop, it'll be on top of all these teams that have disrespected us. HCHS is back, Baby.

You do realize we don't drop for two years and all the Seniors and Juniors will be gone? We beat teams that Coach Swenson teams have smoked in the past.

When we drop, we will have kids that have played together since 5, all playing a system that the coaches will help with. JrPro to Middle School to High School.

When we drop, it'll be on top of all these teams that have disrespected us. HCHS is back, Baby.

You guys are killing me. Clear this up for me. Are you implying that the new school won't have sports, thus making anyone wanting to play sports have to attend HCHS? Coach Swenson is a very good coach, but he coached a ton of talent at Huntingdon. That area is very football rich, and there's always a big talent lake, not a talent puddle. There are several kids in about a 30 mile radius of Huntingdon playing D1 football right now.

So, HCHS will have kids that played together since they were 5? Do you think that makes any difference? Most 1A and 2A schools have kids that have played together their whole life. Some are good and some are bad.

With over 1000 students, HCHS can't compete with other school of similar enrollment, but all their problems will be solved when they lose half of their student body??? Clafify this logic for me, please.

People haven't disrespected HCHS, they've just beaten them for so long, they come to expect the win.

When was HCHS' last winning season? Not trying to be facetious, just curious.

You guys are killing me. Clear this up for me. Are you implying that the new school won't have sports, thus making anyone wanting to play sports have to attend HCHS? Coach Swenson is a very good coach, but he coached a ton of talent at Huntingdon. That area is very football rich, and there's always a big talent lake, not a talent puddle. There are several kids in about a 30 mile radius of Huntingdon playing D1 football right now.

So, HCHS will have kids that played together since they were 5? Do you think that makes any difference? Most 1A and 2A schools have kids that have played together their whole life. Some are good and some are bad.

With over 1000 students, HCHS can't compete with other school of similar enrollment, but all their problems will be solved when they lose half of their student body??? Clafify this logic for me, please.

People haven't disrespected HCHS, they've just beaten them for so long, they come to expect the win.

Pay close attention. We are not Huntingdon. We are not in West TN and neither will be the furture district that we will be playing in.

Ok, to lay it out for you. We have two middle schools now. Both operate completely different as far as sports. As do the the Rec programs. Seperate but NOT equal. All programs before HS level are run different. That's just it. The kids don't always gel when they hit high school, here.

In football, the Centerville side whips most of the areas that we would play in 2A, year in, year out. In MS, things change. I won't go into that, wrong board. But it is changing. The MS and HS are now working together on fixing things. The new system in the MS will work.

At the East end, the MS and JrPro are now working together to prepare for the new HS, East Hickman High School.

In both HS's, more kids will cross over in sports that don't now. There are many kids that can play football that concentrate on one sport. That mindset will be reversed in the future. They are working on that.

To clarify, what is happening right now will not be happening in two years. BUT, things have been put into place to be ready when the split comes. We are looking to the future, not the past.

Pay close attention. We are not Huntingdon. We are not in West TN and neither will be the furture district that we will be playing in.

Ok, to lay it out for you. We have two middle schools now. Both operate completely different as far as sports. As do the the Rec programs. Seperate but NOT equal. All programs before HS level are run different. That's just it. The kids don't always gel when they hit high school, here.

In football, the Centerville side whips most of the areas that we would play in 2A, year in, year out. In MS, things change. I won't go into that, wrong board. But it is changing. The MS and HS are now working together on fixing things. The new system in the MS will work.

At the East end, the MS and JrPro are now working together to prepare for the new HS, East Hickman High School.

In both HS's, more kids will cross over in sports that don't now. There are many kids that can play football that concentrate on one sport. That mindset will be reversed in the future. They are working on that.

To clarify, what is happening right now will not be happening in two years. BUT, things have been put into place to be ready when the split comes. We are looking to the future, not the past.

Don't get me wrong. I know the situation. I just like to hear you guys spin it into something else.

Bradley going to be good?? They showed a lot of promise with their freshmen team...McMinn beat them 55-0!

McMinn will be a team to watch for the next couple of years. They have a lot of juniors and sophmores making huge strides on the field, not to mention their freshman team that won the region championship by defeating Oak Ridge 50-28!

2006 will be the return of the Cherokees

Lewis County just won the region 6-AA championship but the future is as promising as I have seen it in a long time.

Past three middle school teams have won 24 of 27 and three straight bowl games.

Junior fullback Chris Hatton with close to 1300 yards rushing will be an even bigger force in 2006.

Wingbacks Ryan Greve and Nick King are both sophomores. Backup fullback and starting middle linebacker Dakota Crews is a sophomore. Backup wingback and linebacker Chuck Dodson is a sophomore. Wings Eric Wright and Kyle Crowell, both great talents are both freshmen.

Starting safety and backup quarterback Kane Crowell is a freshman. Jake Tennison, played a lot at corner as a freshman. Colton Mathis, who started at middle linebacker against Camden is a freshman. Chris Odom, starting at outside linebacker, is a sophomore.

Jason Crews, Carson Bates, Willie Frazier and Mason Sharp, all who saw plenty of action on the line this year are freshmen.

Current eighth grader Paxson Spears, offensive tackle, is 6'3" and 309 pounds.

The team will have depth, more than I have ever see them possess. They will have tons of skill people and a lot of really football savy players.

If I sound overly excited about the future prospects, I am. I have covered LCHS football since 1974 and you see seasons on the horizon where you think... man, we are gonna be awfully good. But I haven't seen a lot of seasons where I think... Boy, we are gonna be really good for awhile.

Huntingdon hasn't had a player go D1 in a very, very, very ,very long time. Losing half the student body is not, I repeat, not the big deal. Getting down to 2A is a big deal especially in the region Lewis Co. is in. I'm betting my money on Hickman Co. because I remember what they did in the 80's when they squared off against similar schools.

Don't get me wrong. I know the situation. I just like to hear you guys spin it into something else.

And by the way. The situation at lewis co. was pretty bad when sharp took over. :lol: