Riverdale's Ranking

CrunkestCrowd*08*

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know what Riverdale is ranked in the country..

825750616[/snapback]

24th per Prep Nation. 5th in the SE in PrepNation

48th per Student Sports web site.

1st in Tn per AP, and Murphy Fair

Not in USA Today yet and for myself I am GLAD as over 75% of the teams they picked last year LOST before the season ended.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/footb...005-super25.htm

Here's USA today's super 25 list. They have Lakeland, Fl on top with Hoover, AL just behind.

For UT fans, you'll recognize Hoover as the place where Wes Brown came from this past recruiting class.

Several, Southeast schools represented, including Springdale, Ark. who supposedly have the "Springdale 5"....five potential big time college recruits, including QB Mitch Mustain who recently committed to Arkansas and an OL that UT was after, but is leaning to Notre Dame, Bartley Webb.

Being from Arkansas I have heard plenty about the "five"

Mitch Mustain Ark

Damian Williams Florida

Andrew Norman Ark

Ben Cleveland Florida

Bartley Webb ND

Webb is kind of a tag along doesn't have near the strength to be a top D-1 OL but is helped by all the publicity of "The Springdale 5"...the other 4 are legit and will do big things...their RB will go division 1 too...ridiculous to have that much offensive talent on one team.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/footb...005-super25.htm

Here's USA today's super 25 list.  They have Lakeland, Fl on top with Hoover, AL just behind.

For UT fans, you'll recognize Hoover as the place where Wes Brown came from this past recruiting class.

Several, Southeast schools represented, including Springdale, Ark. who supposedly have the "Springdale 5"....five potential big time college recruits, including QB Mitch Mustain who recently committed to Arkansas and an OL that UT was after, but is leaning to Notre Dame, Bartley Webb.

825750678[/snapback]

south panola, ms is ranked 18th in the nation

Riverdale[/url]' date='Sep 15 2005 - 11:47 AM']Mississippi does not get a lot of respect from the polls either.  Who besides South Panola has been ranked like that in recent years?

825751482[/snapback]

in mississippi no one, really. sp never gets ranked high at first because of the clarion-ledger. they NEVER rank sp pre-season #1. i really do believe that there is a biased attitude on some polls.

i notice in prepnation sp just now broke into the ranks, but i believe that is because they've only gotten to play two games so far. good news is that we picked moss point, ms back up for a game on 9/27. that was the game that had to be cancelled the week of katrina. moss point is on the coast so it was just unable to play.

south panola ends up in the top ten at the end of the year but i always wonder if they were ranked at the start like they should have been, we'd be in the top five for sure. last year sp ended up at #7.