Top 15 1A teams in Tennessee

Bobericks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry to have confused you. there are 2 sides to every arguement. I was just saying that maybe the privates were running once they heard that TC was looking at dropping with the proposed class changes. not likely , but lets look at all the options. The truth is that it struck a nerve saying that the privates were running just like it does when they try to say TC is dodging them. what it boils down too is that if you can play ball at 1a or you classify to 2 a then why not give your players every oppertunity to excell. Tc has i think around 30 dressed out, freshman up. so you can bet that these boys play both sides of the ball. it is my opinion that if they have to do it then the teams should be on the same level and afford the closest match up possible.

825757138[/snapback]

Well put.

thank you. you dont happen to know anyone that will give us some stats from macon and sc after friday night on here do ya. the soldiers here have a little intrest in them ?

825757264[/snapback]

Not personally since I've long since moved away. However, there should be plenty of info after the game if the volume on the other threads are any indication.

Hang tough over there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats true but there is a catch South Pittsburg did well against them too. In fact Trousdale and SP pretty well had their way with them. The privates didn't start really hitting their stride untill about 2000 when they realized the gate money to be earned. They hired good coaches that were well paid. Came up with super players year after year. and started making their mark. After that Trousdale would have went down just like everyone else and they know it. That is the reason they left 1A. Why is this so hard to understand? Most people saw it right away. There 's no shame in it. In fact it was good business. But it seems to get one of them to admit it is like pulling wisdom teeth. Why, I still don't understand.

i played under satterfield during the late ninties and agree with u on most all points, but doesn't anyone feel it's a bit shadey of these private schools to spend all this money to dominate the smallest classification and further more trousdale is one of the smallest counties in tennesse with very limited resources albeit a very fortunate concentration of a handful of extremily phenominal athetes, can go up to 3a and knock off powerhouses that previous region teams couldnt even keep games close with, i understand the concept of everybody wants to knock off the man on top, but is buying high school (especially 1a titles) championships really carry any merit with it what so ever, i dont think it does for those of us who won titles with the hands we were delt. altough i cannot speak for the teams and programs with enough money to finance or bring in talent. it just doesn't seam very sporting or honorable to me. just one mans opinion

i played under satterfield during the late ninties and agree with u on most all points, but doesn't anyone feel it's a bit shadey of these private schools to spend all this money to dominate the smallest classification and further more trousdale is one of the smallest counties in tennesse with very limited resources albeit a very fortunate concentration of a handful of extremily phenominal athetes, can go up to 3a and knock off powerhouses that previous region teams couldnt even keep games close with, i understand the concept of everybody wants to knock off the man on top, but is buying high school (especially 1a titles) championships really carry any merit with it what so ever, i dont think it does for those of us who won titles with the hands we were delt. altough i cannot speak for the teams and programs with enough money to finance or bring in talent. it just doesn't seam very sporting or honorable to me. just one mans opinion

very well said, as this is one aspect that a couple of people on here havent and probably wont mention or acknowledge.

It will be MP and Trousdale county in the state finals beat on it!! Ya'll can talk all this trash you want to talk but this is how it's going to be. Joe bryns is the only team in region 5 that is any good and they have not been tested by anyone in that region there foy i say #4 out of region 6 will beat them in the playoffs beat on it AND THAT'S THE BOTTOMLINE :blink:

It will be MP and Trousdale county in the state finals beat on it!! Ya'll can talk all this trash you want to talk but this is how it's going to be. Joe bryns is the only team in region 5 that is any good and they have not been tested by anyone in that region there foy i say #4 out of region 6 will beat them in the playoffs beat on it AND THAT'S THE BOTTOMLINE :blink:

Jo Burns may be better than any team in region 6, better watch out for JC and Union City. I don,t think Trousdale is a lock in the east, Hampton , FC, or South Pitt might have something to say about that. This year could see some surprises. Makes it fun.

• 4 weeks later...

1.Trousdale County:10-0

2.Coalfield:9-1

3.Hampton:9-1

4.South Pittsburg:9-1

5.Harriman:7-3

6.Whitwell:8-2

7.Friendship Christian:8-2

8.Cloudland:8-2

9.Lookout Valley:7-3

10.Midway:6-4

11.Cosby:6-4

12.Watertown:6-4

13.Temple:6-4

14.Gordonsville:5-5

15.Unaka:4-6

Honorable Mention:Sunbright(4-6) and Halls(2-8).

Edited by ChrisBurr555555

1.Trousdale County:10-0

2.Coalfield:9-1

3.Hampton:9-1

4.South Pittsburg:9-1

5.Harriman:7-3

6.Whitwell:8-2

7.Friendship Christian:8-2

8.Cloudland:8-2

9.Lookout Valley:7-3

10.Midway:6-4

11.Cosby:6-4

12.Watertown:6-4

13.Temple:6-4

14.Gordonsville:5-5

15.Unaka:4-6

Honorable Mention:Sunbright(4-6) and Halls(2-8).

Sunbright appreciates the shout out, Chris. I was a little surprised to see Oneida at #15 in the original ranking, especially when teams like Sunbright beat them. Was that just a fluke? I think not. Oneida is just not the powerhouse they used to be.