Top 15 1A teams in Tennessee

Bobericks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Trousdale after successfully eliminating competition by getting rid of most of the private schools. Looks like Trousdale has the sand box to itself without having the big bad bullies kick sand in their face.

There's a great column in the Chattanooga Times where Trousdale's coach attributes his lack of success against private schools to the fact that their players are so much smarter than his. Wow, I'd love to play for a coach who thinks so much of his players!

Congratulations to Trousdale after successfully eliminating competition by getting rid of most of the private schools. Looks like Trousdale has the sand box to itself without having the big bad bullies kick sand in their face.

I think it is odd that everyone rags Trousdale about coming back to A ball after the privates left. Since 1990 they have a 21-4 record against Private schools in the playoffs.

I think it is odd that everyone rags Trousdale about coming back to A ball after the privates left. Since 1990 they have a 21-4 record against Private schools in the playoffs.

825755345[/snapback]

That's an interesting bit of information. 84% isn't too shabby.

825755345[/snapback]

Thats true but there is a catch South Pittsburg did well against them too. In fact Trousdale and SP pretty well had their way with them. The privates didn't start really hitting their stride untill about 2000 when they realized the gate money to be earned. They hired good coaches that were well paid. Came up with super players year after year. and started making their mark. After that Trousdale would have went down just like everyone else and they know it. That is the reason they left 1A. Why is this so hard to understand? Most people saw it right away. There 's no shame in it. In fact it was good business. But it seems to get one of them to admit it is like pulling wisdom teeth. Why, I still don't understand.

Edited by krp

Just know what I read:

Chattanooga Times Free Press

Multiplier system hasn’t subtracted from division

Stephen Hargis Commentary

Depending on perspective, the Yellow Jackets were either brilliant or truly yellow by opting to move up two classes to 3A to avoid all private schools. Now that the multiplier has moved most of the better privateschool teams out of 1A, the Yellow Jackets have dropped back to the smallest

"They chose to separate themselves, whether it’s for religious beliefs or whatever. Public education wasn’t good enough, which is fine, but then they want to play us on Friday nights. Private schools have IQ tests to screen out the ones they don’t want. They’re able to run more complex schemes because we have kids who struggle with the basics. That’s just a fact." Trousdale County coach Clint Satterfield

Does Satterfield give the guys an IQ test and if you fail, you get to start?

Just know what I read:

Depending on perspective, the Yellow Jackets were either brilliant or truly yellow by opting to move up two classes to 3A to avoid all private schools. Now that the multiplier has moved most of the better privateschool teams out of 1A, the Yellow Jackets have dropped back to the smallest

"They chose to separate themselves, whether it’s for religious beliefs or whatever. Public education wasn’t good enough, which is fine, but then they want to play us on Friday nights. Private schools have IQ tests to screen out the ones they don’t want. They’re able to run more complex schemes because we have kids who struggle with the basics. That’s just a fact."  Trousdale County coach Clint Satterfield

825755388[/snapback]

...unbelievable.....

Thats true but there is a catch South Pittsburg did well against them too. In fact Trousdale and SP pretty well had their way with them. The privates didn't start really hitting their stride untill about 2000 when they realized the gate money to be earned. They hired good coaches that were well paid. Came up with super players year after year. and started making their mark. After that Trousdale would have went down just like everyone else and they know it. That is the reason they left 1A. Why is this so hard to understand? Most people saw it right away. There 's no shame in it. In fact it was good business. But it seems to get one of them to admit it is like pulling wisdom teeth. Why, I still don't understand.

825755367[/snapback]

Its also funny that it is easy to say that you run them out CPA i think it is, but forgive me i may be wrong. Everyone wants to say they scared the "bully". It doesnt of course in any way have any thing to do with the fact that Trousdale was able to establish alot of old school rivalries, produce hugh gates, spend less time traveling all over the state for region games, and let thier players get a feel of being competitive at a 3a level. why of course not. Coach Satterfield probably just thought thats the easy way out. Yeah right. If you truly look at the coach he is proud of what he has accomplished and should be. He has taken guys, not enticed into a free ride or better rated school program in exchange for his athletic ability, but took what showed up day after day to learn and play football. he molded them into a team that could be competitive. he hasnt done this once but sevral times. His record stands on it on. As far as building programs there will be big years and bad years, it just depends on abilty and experiance. if you loose alot of your top players, can the ones comming up perform. So if in many of your sitins on the discussions Im sure you can say that the private schools that went to 2a was the reason that Trousdale went back to 1a. Im sure you have first hand facts and not just your opinion. Trousdales record as listed above speaks for itself when it comes to privates.

Just know what I read:

"They chose to separate themselves, whether it’s for religious beliefs or whatever. Public education wasn’t good enough, which is fine, but then they want to play us on Friday nights. Private schools have IQ tests to screen out the ones they don’t want. They’re able to run more complex schemes because we have kids who struggle with the basics. That’s just a fact."  Trousdale County coach Clint Satterfield

825755388[/snapback]

Everyone needs to read the entire article. If I still went to public school and my coach said this about me I would be very upset. Most of the comments made by the coach are ignorant. Pritvate schools require a IQ test? Maybe McCallie, but most do not require an IQ test.