Top 15 1A teams in Tennessee

Bobericks

By looking at this I'd say you were a huge Region 2 fan  :thumb:  I agree with Chips Ahoy McKenzie has to be in the top 15 and should be in the top 10.  Lake County might also be a top 15 pick.

825754177[/snapback]

I'm agreeing with you and ChipsAhoy on this one. It seems that the only team in the west end that the east enders want to even consider are JCS and MAYBE Union City (two very good teams to be sure) but, McKenzie and Lake Co. both well deserve to be in the top 10 and surely the top 15 at this point.The playoffs will determine that to some extent since the good class A teams in the west end will all eliminate each other fairly quick now and not be a big threat to the class A uppercrust on the east end because only one of us will get a chance to play those guys.

Personally, I think that stinks because the better Class A teams in the west end all meet right out of the gate in the playoffs. Only one will come out to play with the so called "big boys".

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't see the light on this then you are denser than the coach said his students were. There are somethings anyone can see except the ones that don't want too. Yes the reason Trousdale went back to 1A is because the privates went to 2A that's the way it is and trying to deny it is the same as the privates saying they don't recruit. You can say it isn't so untill doomsday, but I still know it's the truth. Nuff said!

825756167[/snapback]

I guess you win. Everyone as you say can see that we were run out. Why should we deny it. Yes i guess we should just admit that these private schools that can pay the big saleries, to a coach , not worried about the tax payers, or anything else for that matter , are just plain better. We should just lay down, but wait. You have only your opinion, not fact. When was the last time you had one of your down to earth talks with Coach Satterfield or for that matter any of the coaches, staff , players or members of the quarterback club, or even someone that might have just passed through Trousdale county. we can never say how the outcome of those games would have been. Why because they were not played , well except the million times you built you team on a video game as reps of each team, possibly. you know it doesnt matter where your at the excuses will always be the same. I guess when we leave Iraq before long the Iraqis will claim they run us out of here too. same story your putting up isnt it? the fact is unless you decided or sit in with the powers at be , the one thing you will find on the creekbank is this. A coach who though not always understood about his reasons to all, strives for perfection, takes his challenges head on, a team year in and year out who gives their all, and strives to give each and every athlete that comes under him the best oppertunity to acheive. do you think if your school was allowed to have stayed in 1a that they would went on up a class? and if trousdale is running because they cant compete, then maybe your team, because they have hired their dominating programs should go on up and dominate some of the 5a publics. just remeber any given year any given team . private or public, no one can say till the last whistle sounds.

Edited by JACKETFAN90

One question, why did'nt Trousdale stay in 3a with all that gate money.

825756176[/snapback]

there are sevral reasons that could be posted on here im sure. and alot that have and will continue to be. the fact is it was a decision that has been made and no matter what any one says to boost thier egos or support the decision only a select few know. it was discussed by sevral supporters that were we giving our kids a chance to feel the satisfaction of playing on the turf by making them compete at a higher level. TC didnt go into 3 a and mop the floors but they did prove that they are someone to get your team ready for. i was told by friends in macon county welcome to 3a football with a laugh and that we were gonn find out what football really was now. and i do belive that at the end of the season they didnt know what hit them (other 3a's). Tc met some rough east Tn tems that looked and ran like well oiled machines. and those machines have been on the turf the last few years. so now Tc has the oppertunity to return to 1a. and they are having a good year so far. we'll just have to see what happens. my opinon is just as much as yours and if you think that a senior doesnt want that gold trophy because it aint a cakewalk to get your hands on it, course we could start the conspiracy that the privates begged the tssaa to send them somewhere else when they found out trosudale was looking on comming back wouldnt that be funny?

there are sevral reasons that could be posted on here im sure. and alot that have and will continue to be. the fact is it was a decision that has been made and no matter what any one says to boost thier egos or support the decision only a select few know. it was discussed by sevral supporters that were we giving our kids a chance to feel the satisfaction of playing on the turf by making them compete at a higher level. TC didnt go into 3 a and mop the floors but they did prove that they are someone to get your team ready for. i was told by friends in macon county welcome to 3a football with a laugh and that we were gonn find out what football really was now. and i do belive that at the end of the season they didnt know what hit them (other 3a's). Tc met some rough east Tn tems that looked and ran like well oiled machines. and those machines have been on the turf the last few years. so now Tc has the oppertunity to return to 1a. and they are having a good year so far. we'll just have to see what happens. my opinon is just as much as yours and if you think that a senior doesnt want that gold trophy because it aint a cakewalk to get your hands on it, course we could start the conspiracy that the privates begged the tssaa to send them somewhere else when they found out trosudale was looking on comming back wouldnt that be funny?

825756849[/snapback]

The privates begging TSSAA to send them somewhere else? We all know that did not happen. The facts are that the majority of the 1A privates (especially the good ones) moved to 2A and Trousdale did not stay in 3A, but moved back to 1A. Those are the facts and the facts remain undisputed.

This may have already been brought up, but how do u go from 3a to 1a bc where I'm from no one looses that many kids in the course of 4 years. Do you get to pick what class your in or what the way it sounds TC said I think we'll play in 1a this year. Why? Duh! bc they want to win a state championship and THINK they are going to since they are 1a now.

This may have already been brought up, but how do u go from 3a to 1a bc where I'm from no one looses that many kids in the course of 4 years.  Do you get to pick what class your in or what the way it sounds TC said I think we'll play in 1a this year.  Why? Duh! bc they want to win a state championship and THINK they are going to since they are 1a now.

825756976[/snapback]

good question

Trousdale had a 2a enrollment ,when the mulitplier was enforced on the private schools. 1a lost several schools, The TSSAA upped the numbers and a few of the smallest 2a schools were able to drop to 1a. Alot of people will tell you that numbers don't make any difference, my final four has three schools who dropped down from 2a, Union City, Trousdale and Hampton. Maybe even Mckenzie.

Who cares why Trousdale dropped really? If they have 1A numbers then they can play in 1A. If you like it then fine, if you don't then fine but you'll have to get over it. I for one could care less the reason but I am partly glad to see them back in 1A. We had some memorable matchups with them 4 times in the 90's and I hope that we can make it back to see them in the playoffs again. And I hope that it is every bit as exciting as it was in the previous meetings.

The privates begging TSSAA to send them somewhere else?  We all know that did not happen.  The facts are that the majority of the 1A privates (especially the good ones) moved to 2A and Trousdale did not stay in 3A, but moved back to 1A.  Those are the facts and the facts remain undisputed.

825756881[/snapback]

Im sorry to have confused you. there are 2 sides to every arguement. I was just saying that maybe the privates were running once they heard that TC was looking at dropping with the proposed class changes. not likely , but lets look at all the options. The truth is that it struck a nerve saying that the privates were running just like it does when they try to say TC is dodging them. what it boils down too is that if you can play ball at 1a or you classify to 2 a then why not give your players every oppertunity to excell. Tc has i think around 30 dressed out, freshman up. so you can bet that these boys play both sides of the ball. it is my opinion that if they have to do it then the teams should be on the same level and afford the closest match up possible.

Edited by JACKETFAN90