Region 7-2a

GCPioneer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see how USJ can finish out. They used a new QB against Milan and for them to have been beating Milan midway through the 3rd quarter was no small feat for the 2005 version of the Bruins. Some of you folks seem to think USJ is losing because they moved up in class. The fact is this is about the weakest team they have had in years. Yes the competiton is better in 2A, especially region 7 which is arguably the strongest 2A region in the state, but USJ will be better.

They will be better not only from the fact they have some good younger players, but that they will rise up to the level of competiton. It wasn`t that long ago that even making the playoffs in 1A was a difficult task. It wasn`t even until the late 80`s they even made the playoffs for the first time. Since then Marley has been able to structure a very good program there.

But for this season folks should watch and see if the adjustments he can make can improve them as they go along. It might be a long time before they can win the region, but as long as Marley is there, I think they will become a big player in 7-2A and that`s just good for WestTN football.

Dont count out Dresden just yet.if i remember right Dresden gave huntingdon more than what they really wanted.dresden really out played huntingdon for most part of the game.dresden was in the redzone more times than huntingdon was.was down 4 times in the first half and came away with only 6 points.had two turnovers inside the ten.if all would have went well dresden would have been well ahead at the half.and what about huntingdon loseing to westview just 3 points.i think trenton and gibson county will fade out towards the end of the season.and well for milan.there goin to be there because there milan.this is how i think things will shape up at the end of the year.

1.milan

2.huntingdon

3.westview

4.dresden

5.gibson county

6.trenton

7.humboldt

8.USJ

Dont count out Dresden just yet.if i remember right Dresden gave huntingdon more than what they really wanted.dresden really out played huntingdon for most part of the game.dresden was in the redzone more times than huntingdon was.was down 4 times in the first half and came away with only 6 points.had two turnovers inside the ten.if all would have went well dresden would have been well ahead at the half.and what about huntingdon loseing to westview just 3 points.i think trenton and gibson county will fade out towards the end of the season.and well for milan.there goin to be there because there milan.this is how i think things will shape up at the end of the year.

1.milan

2.huntingdon

3.westview

4.dresden

5.gibson county

6.trenton

7.humboldt

8.USJ

825755006[/snapback]

Just wondering if you realize that dresden is gonna be 1-2 after they play westview and Peabody is 2-0 right now. Milan still has to go to Westview and Huntingdon and Peabody. They wont win all 3 of those. I just see week 9 between Milan and Peabody for the 2nd or 3rd spot and then week 10 between GC and Peabody meaning something.

It will be interesting to see how USJ can finish out. They used a new QB against Milan and for them to have been beating Milan midway through the 3rd quarter was no small feat for the 2005 version of the Bruins. Some of you folks seem to think USJ is losing because they moved up in class. The fact is this is about the weakest team they have had in years. Yes the competiton is better in 2A, especially region 7 which is arguably the strongest 2A region in the state, but USJ will be better.

They will be better not only from the fact they have some good younger players, but that they will rise up to the level of competiton. It wasn`t that long ago that even making the playoffs in 1A was a difficult task. It wasn`t even until the late 80`s they even made the playoffs for the first time. Since then Marley has been able to structure a very good program there.

But for this season folks should watch and see if the adjustments he can make can improve them as they go along. It might be a long time before they can win the region, but as long as Marley is there, I think they will become a big player in 7-2A and that`s just good for WestTN football.

825754892[/snapback]

I"ll say this about USJ. They have good coaching and they play hard. The new QB you were referring to was fearless.

I agree it was impressive to be winning half way into the 3rd quarter and a lot of it was they were just playing harder than Milan was. I know this isn't the 03' Milan team, but Milan is still good enough this year that they should have ran USJ off the field if they would have played hard for 4 quarters. I believe Milan thought USJ would just throw up the white flag and surrender and it didn't happen.

All teams better bring their A game for 4 quarters in this region or YOU will get beat. I can't think of a team in this region that's not capable of beating each other.

Just wondering if you realize that dresden is gonna be 1-2 after they play westview and Peabody is 2-0 right now. Milan still has to go to Westview and Huntingdon and Peabody. They wont win all 3 of those. I just see week 9 between Milan and Peabody for the 2nd or 3rd spot and then week 10 between GC and Peabody meaning something.

825755015[/snapback]

Yeah....wow Peabody is 2-0...who have they played? USJ who is 0-2 in the region and Humbolt (who haven't yet won a game)....Yeah Peabody is 2-0 b/c they've played the 2 weakest teams in the region...peabody could very well end up 2-5 in region play after it's all said and done with b/c besides humbolt and usj everyone else is pretty much loaded...no chance they'll beat huntingdon.....or westview with a healty Guy....the other games ( Dresden, Milan,and Gibson Co.) should be very very close...peabody will be lucky if they get higher than 4th place at best in the region.

Yeah....wow Peabody is 2-0...who have they played? USJ who is 0-2 in the region and Humbolt (who haven't yet won a game)....Yeah Peabody is 2-0 b/c they've played the 2 weakest teams in the region...peabody could very well end up 2-5 in region play after it's all said and done with b/c besides humbolt and usj everyone else is pretty much loaded...no chance they'll beat huntingdon.....or westview with a healty Guy....the other games ( Dresden, Milan,and Gibson Co.) should be very very close...peabody will be lucky if they get higher than 4th place at best in the region.

825755204[/snapback]

4th place is still the playoffs isnt it. everyone is like milan this and milan that. Look at milans schedule they will not and I think this is the 5th time ive said it. They wont go to Westview, Huntingdon and Peabody and win all 3 games. The dresden game will be a close one I think and week 10 is basically a home game for GC and Peabody. They will both bring tons of fans and it will get crazy there. I see double the fans of the westview and gc game. With Peabodys schedule they may not finish 1st but I do know they wont finish 2-5. The huntingdon game will be a lot closer than what everyone thinks its gonna be.

Seminole you need to just calm down. Obviously being from Trenton you have no idea how to handle winning. And having said that who have yall played??? Halls USJ Mckenzie and barely scooting by the winless vikings. You need to just chill out. You wait till play Huntingdon Milan and Westview and then you talk your crap. And I love how you keep saying that we can't goto Martin Huntingdon and Trenton and no come out with 3 wins or possibly even 2.

Edited by bulldawgs#1

Seminole you need to just calm down. Obviously being from Trenton you have no idea how to handle winning. And having said that who have yall played??? Halls USJ Mckenzie and barely scooting by the winless vikings. You need to just chill out. You wait till play Huntingdon Milan and Westview and then you talk your crap. And I love how you keep saying that we can't goto Martin Huntingdon and Trenton and no come out with 3 wins or possibly even 2.

825755476[/snapback]

bulldawgs#1 ... Milan, Huntingdon, and Westview have the ability to do what they want to do on any night wouldn't you agree? As far as last year is concerned .. man, how well that shuffled at the end of the season.

This season appears to be different. We got some teams that are spiking and some that are disappointing. I feel like that after the next couple weeks we'll see some evening of the keel. This is the part of the season when the good teams become better. We'll see what happens.

bg#1 ... I am going to try to make it to the Milan game friday. But if I don't ... don't kill Mannassas too bad. :blink:

4th place is still the playoffs isnt it. everyone is like milan this and milan that. Look at milans schedule they will not and I think this is the 5th time ive said it. They wont go to Westview, Huntingdon and Peabody and win all 3 games. The dresden game will be a close one I think and week 10 is basically a home game for GC and Peabody. They will both bring tons of fans and it will get crazy there. I see double the fans of the westview and gc game.  With Peabodys schedule they may not finish 1st but I do know they wont finish 2-5. The huntingdon game will be a lot closer than what everyone thinks its gonna be.

825755353[/snapback]

I don't know how to tell you this other than just to come out and say it. Trenton's passing game is terrible and they better find it or the party will be over for the Tide. There are some good run defense's in this region and you haven't played any of them yet.

I don't know how to tell you this other than just to come out and say it. Trenton's passing game is terrible and they better find it or the party will be over for the Tide. There are some good run defense's in this region and you haven't played any of them yet.

825755535[/snapback]

<looks at 12yr.oldchamps and smiles> When you tell the truth, you tell it don't ya? The rest of the season is going to be fun. :blink: