Oak Ridge @ Jeff. County

orcats2005

Sadly Jeff Co is in for another beating, worse than Friday night. OR is totally different puppy than the DB team Jeff Co played last week. DB played around in that shotgun in the 1st half and Jeff Co was able stick around for a little while, once DB went into the I-formation(what I think they should stay in) and got physical the game was over. With that giant o-line OR will be physical like that the entire game. They`re bigger, stronger, faster, more experienced, have more athletes, and unfortunately better coached.

OR by 28+

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly Jeff Co is in for another beating, worse than Friday night. OR is totally different puppy than the DB team Jeff Co played last week. DB played around in that shotgun in the 1st half and Jeff Co was able stick around for a little while, once DB went into the I-formation(what I think they should stay in) and got physical the game was over. With that giant o-line OR will be physical like that the entire game. They`re bigger, stronger, faster, more experienced, have more athletes, and unfortunately better coached.

OR by 28+

825755365[/snapback]

JC4Life, Why is it you think so poorly of the JC coaches? If OR is bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced and have more athletes--how good a coach do you have to be? It's not hard to make chicken salad out of good chicken if you know what I mean.

JC4Life,  Why is it you think so poorly of the JC coaches?  If OR is bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced and have more athletes--how good a coach do you have to be?  It's not hard to make chicken salad out of good chicken if you know what I mean.

825755788[/snapback]

Is the same PA announcer there at Jefferson County that has done it for so many years? We haven't been there in a while and I was just curious. Can't be as good as the smooth voice at DB...

JC4life needs to get a life. Oak Ridge will be superior physically, but you never know about high school kids. The last time Stevens came to Dumplin Valley, he went home with a 51-0 butt whipping. He might try to make it all up in one night.

Regretfully, the long time PA announcer, R.T. Felknor, passed away recently. I know he was not the greatest, but he is missed terribly by the community.

Go Patriots!!!

Sadly Jeff Co is in for another beating, worse than Friday night. OR is totally different puppy than the DB team Jeff Co played last week. They`re bigger, stronger, faster, more experienced, have more athletes, and unfortunately better coached.

OR by 28+

825755365[/snapback]

Not much to argue with there. 28 is being kind. It can most likely be whatever OR wants it to be. JC continues to try to run a power offense without the power.

As I have said along, we have to throw short ball control passes, misdirection, counters....reverses...fake reverses...anything to make the defense stay honest. We DO NOT have the ability to line up and run straight ahead consistently....yet...maybe next yr.

We could play DB 10 times and lose all 10 but when we make mistakes, in any game, we will have a very hard time against anyone.

A sr. corner back recovers fumble in endzone and fumbles as he tries to run it back with 4 players all over him. Bad snap on fumble and punter does not take a knee for a safety. Eliminate these mistakes, throw in a little offense and the game is more respectable.

We all knew it was going to be a challenging year, and it will continue to play out that way. I hope the boys keep their heads up and win 2-3 more games. Karns, Bearden and SH look like tough games to win. I hope we win 2 of these, and beat Cumberland Co. for a 5-5 record.

From what I've seen so far this year, I'd say that OR is going to beat Jefferson County by quite a bit. That is if Jefferson County scores at all, considering OR is 4-0 and Bradley Central along with Dobyns Bennett were the only teams to score against them. They have only had a total of 9 points scored against them so far this year. I'd say OR is on a winning streak that will continue through out the season and I give them a 28 point win over Jefferson County. :thumb:

Not much to argue with there.  28 is being kind.  It can most likely be whatever OR wants it to be.  JC continues to try to run a power offense without the power.

As I have said along, we have to throw short ball control passes, misdirection, counters....reverses...fake reverses...anything to make the defense stay honest.  We DO NOT have the ability to line up and run straight ahead consistently....yet...maybe next yr.

We could play DB 10 times and lose all 10 but when we make mistakes, in any game, we will have a very hard time against anyone. 

A sr. corner back recovers fumble in endzone and fumbles as he tries to run it back with 4 players all over him.  Bad snap on fumble and punter does not take a knee for a safety.  Eliminate these mistakes, throw in a little offense and the game is more respectable.

We all knew it was going to be a challenging year, and it will continue to play out that way.  I hope the boys keep their heads up and win 2-3 more games.  Karns, Bearden and SH look like tough games to win.  I hope we win 2 of these, and beat Cumberland Co. for a 5-5 record.

825755812[/snapback]

I agree mostly with what you said. If you just look at the sidelines on a Friday night, you can tell we cant run a power game very well. Not trying to down our boys, just being realistic.

I dont look at the two plays in the endzone as bone head type plays, I look at it as two of our best players (one of them being the kicker) trying to make too much happen. They plays didnt lose the game for us and I know thats not what you are saying but, those 12 pts. would have helped.

Not necessarily saying we should get away from our gameplan, because it worked in the first 3 games but I say we just throw the playbook at OR on Friday, HB passes, double reverses, triple option counters, WR Reverse Passes, Flea Flickers, heck get that WR Coach we got to draw some stuff up in the dirt. We have nothing to lose so just leave it all out on the field.

Is it too early to count us out of the playoffs? Close. Are we going to spoil some other teams seasons? More than likely.

JC4Life,  Why is it you think so poorly of the JC coaches?  If OR is bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced and have more athletes--how good a coach do you have to be?  It's not hard to make chicken salad out of good chicken if you know what I mean.

825755788[/snapback]

Oak Ridge by alot!

It has nothing to do with the coaches, JC players can not match up with OR. And guess what, sometimes one group of kids are not as good of football players as another. All teams are not equal.

Athleticism, Better Football Players!

825755794[/snapback]

OR being better coached just adds on to the advantage they already have. Superior coaching added to talent is a lethal combination. Coaching means more than people think, ask Alcoa. Bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced with more athletes is how you could have described Alcoa before their Maryville, but guess what Alcoa didn`t win. The most talented team doesn`t always win, sustaining success over a long amount of years goes to coaching.

That we learned nothing from our game with DB last year goes to coaching. Calling the same play over and over when its not working goes to coaching. Trying to run deep crossing routes against a constantly blitzing defense goes to coaching. We didn`t run one slant, one stop route, one out route, the routes you`re suppose to run against the blitz. There was no time for the deep post, or post corner last year why did we think there would be this year? When we did see there was no time why in the world did we keep to run those plays? There was no adjustment, that goes to coaching.

Don`t even get me started on why we don`t have the players to somewhat match up with either DB or OR.