Oak Ridge @ Jeff. County

orcats2005

Did I mention the predictable onsides crap and the fake punt?

825756191[/snapback]

Its easy to get frustrated when things aren't going well. We tried 1 onside kick this year against a team that we knew we were overmatched with. The timing was good for the fake punt against DB but we just didn't execute it correctly. It was not a game breaker and you know it.

In regards to the match up of players and why we don't....all I say is that 2 weeks ago, we had a post from PatSandman and he actually listed the players that had quit and stated what differences they would make .......

You were involved in the thread along with hsftbinsider and neither one of you contradicted the assessment and the assessment was that only Shivy was a difference maker.....so either give us your assessment or quit bringing it up. You keep wanting to blame somebody.

I do agree that the play calling needs to be more creative. No question that Graham Clark is a good coach.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its easy to get frustrated when things aren't going well.  We tried 1 onside kick this year against a team that we knew we were overmatched with.  The timing was good for the fake punt  against DB but we just didn't execute it correctly.  It was not a game breaker and you know it.

825756257[/snapback]

We kicked TWO onsides against West, lost both. I disagree that the timing for the fake punt was good, we were on our side of the field. You`re right it wasn`t a game breaker, it wouldn`t have been if we had recovered it either. All it did was set DB up with great field position and another score.

In regards to the match  up  of players and why we don't....all I say is that 2 weeks ago, we had a post from PatSandman and he actually listed the players that had quit and stated what differences they would make .......

You were involved in the thread along with hsftbinsider and neither one of you contradicted the assessment and the assessment was that only Shivy was a difference maker.....so either give us your assessment or quit bringing it up.  You keep wanting to blame somebody.

There have been many more threads than the one you speak of where I have stated which players and what kind of difference they would make. I really get tired of repeating the same info over and over in thread after thread. I don`t care if they weren`t all-state players, losing multiple starters makes a difference. Losing Dallas the player with the 2nd biggest plays behind Shvy makes a difference, not to mention the fastest player on the team, and a senior. Losing Ben Wolfe a player that would have been the best LB on the team makes a difference, a senior. Losing Chad, the biggest linemen with the most varsity experience in the trenches makes a difference, a senior. Losing Steven Soloman who was set to start makes a difference, a senior. Losing Heath a player with the best hands on the teams, and set to start at WR makes a difference, a senior. Losing Dejuan who probably would have been the 3rd best athlete and was starting at safety in the spring makes a difference, a junior. Losing Shawn Hodge, starting RB as a freshman, 2nd string during the spring and would have been starting now that Shivy's gone makes a difference. Robbie Russel who Ricky Upton told me reminded him of Jakeem Taylor would have started at OLB, a senior. And finally Chris Shiverdecker who coach U built his offense around, plus one of the best players in the state, a junior. If you don`t think this team would have been DRAMATICALLY different with those players you don`t know football. The experience level alone would give us a better team.

JC4Life for Coach at JCHS! He has all the answers! You know absolutely nothing about the Robbie Russell kid! This kid quit football in middle school for crying out loud! Do all of us faithful JCHS supporters a favor and GO FIND ANOTHER TEAM TO SUPPORT! You know nothing about these kids who are working their tails off!

Try getting behind them and supporting them. They read and hear all the negativity you throw at their team and coach, whom they RESPECT! GET A NEW TEAM!!

JC4Life, I dont necessarily disagree with anything you said, but I think we gotta move on from all the BS (player goings and comings). I am just as upset that we dont have the team we should right now, but complaining is not going to help, we just have to move on.

I can tell you that, some of the coaches and players do go on here and read this. People (myself included) have beaten this issue to death and I think we just need to move on. Like I said I agree with most of what you said but we need to try and forget about that and talk about the boys that stuck around.

Its hard to see any JCHS team go through this but I think they will be better in the future because of it. Even if I dont agree with the coaching decisions, Im still a Patriot.

That being said, I dont think we have a chance on Friday night. :thumb:

JC4Life,  Why is it you think so poorly of the JC coaches? 

825755788[/snapback]

give us your assessment 

825756257[/snapback]

Statements like these bring things back up, I don`t start it.

JC4Life for Coach at JCHS! He has all the answers! You know absolutely nothing about the Robbie Russell kid! This kid quit football in middle school for crying out loud! Do all of us faithful JCHS supporters a favor and GO FIND ANOTHER TEAM TO SUPPORT! You know nothing about these kids who are working their tails off!

Try getting behind them and supporting them. They read and hear all the negativity you throw at their team and coach, whom they RESPECT! GET A NEW TEAM!!

Why don`t you find another team and get off my back. Why in the world would I support a different team than the one I played for? Apparently you misunderstand the 4Life part of my screen name. People like you need to stop being delusional and actually admit that there are problems with the Jefferson Co football program right now. If you want to sit quietly in your bed of roses while we turn into Cocke Co go ahead, I for one won`t.

Edited by JC4life

Statements like these bring things back up, I don`t start it.

825756436[/snapback]

Go back and look at the thread.....take credit for getting this BS started again....your good at it....something your not good at is accessing talent.

For the sake of the kids you mentioned, I'll leave it at that. Where were you when Patsandman laid it out? I know you were there....you always are.

Have you ever thought that maybe the problem was the last 2 coaches and the ground work they laid....something to think about.

Patriot Pride used my name in vain--I must respond--Sandman's response some threads ago about players who are gone was overstated, defensive, and inaccurate. He dismissed Dallas by saying it was simply a disagreement over baseball, said Stevie was just "tired" of football (why was he "tired"?), played Shivie off simply as a grade issue, said Chad just quit (he's still playing football, isn't he?), etc., etc. I ignored his response because anybody who knows KNOWS. I'm through defending my view and will only post when someone mentions my handle. The current Pats are a spunky bunch whom I admire, regardless of what could have been.