Farragut 5A vs Powell 4A

rigger101

Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the Knox news:

Watts finished with 48 yards rushing, but just 8 of those came after halftime. Reviez was responsible for shadowing Watts on nearly every down, and helped Farragut limit the Panthers to just 28 yards after their first possession of the second half.

so , your saying you weren't impressed with his athletic ability ?? i understand he was injured , you think that might be why he didn't get many yards in the second half ??

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Maryvillewho!: Some names you might know that wore what you called spandex!

Some of the NFL Players who wrestled:

Fred Weary, C, Houston Texans - AL State Champ

Tai Tupai

David Pollack

Scott Wells TN State Champ

Jeff Bostic*, C, Washington Redskins – SC State Champ

Tedy Bruschi*, ILB, New England Patriots

Bob Bruenig*, LB, Dallas Cowboys

Roger Craig*, RB, San Francisco 49’ers

Larry Czonka**, RB, Miami Dolphins

Hall of Fame Running Back from the Miami Dolphins, Larry Czonka, pounded opponents on the wrestling mat as well as the gridiron.

Dan Dierdorff**, OT, St. Louis Cardinals

Frank Garcia, C, St. Louis Rams – 2x AZ State Champ

Bob Golic*, DT, Cleveland Browns – OH State Champ

Mike Golic, DE, Philadelphia Eagles

Tim Green, DE, Atlanta Falcons

Randy Grossman, TE, Pittsburgh Steelers

John Hannah**, G, New England Patriots

Carlton Haselrig*, Pittsburgh Steelers, 3x NCAA Champ

Chad Hennings, DT, Dallas Cowboys – IA State Champ

Bo Jackson*, RB, Oakland Raiders

Alex Karras, Detroit Lions

Ray Lewis, Pro Bowl Linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens, was a Florida 4A State Wrestling Champion at 189 lbs.

Ray Lewis*, Baltimore Ravens – 2x FL State Champ

Ronnie Lott**, DB, San Francisco 49’ers

Napolean McCallum, RB, Oakland Raiders

Randle McDaniel*, G, Minnesota Vikings

Future Hall of Famer Randall McDaniel was a wrestler before he was named to 12 NFL Pro Bowls.

Chuck Noll, Pittsburgh Steelers – PA State Champ

Mike Reid, Cincinnati Bengals

Pro Bowl Defensive Tackle Warren Sapp was a Florida State Champion wrestler in High School.

Jim Thorpe**, HB, New York Giants

Charles White*, HB, Los Angeles Rams

Randy White*, DT, Dallas Cowboys

Ricky Williams*, RB, Miami Dolphins

Faud Reveiz-Pro Bowl Kicker

*Pro-Bowler

**Hall of Famer

Edited by rigger101

No, I'm not just responding to the hype and the lack of respect the Farragut defense gets. From what I have read, he is an excellent student athlete.

OKay heres the deal let one of your wrestlers get his ankle twisted to where he can barley walk, then the week before that his sholder was hurt very bad. See if a wrestler can play through taht like cody did.

Cody did have a bad game, but he was hurt, He ran for over 100 yards against maryville who is the best defense in the state.

I could care less about wrestling like i have said 20 times now probably this is a football board not a wrestling board.

OKay heres the deal let one of your wrestlers get his ankle twisted to where he can barley walk, then the week before that his sholder was hurt very bad. See if a wrestler can play through taht like cody did.

Cody did have a bad game, but he was hurt, He ran for over 100 yards against maryville who is the best defense in the state.

I could care less about wrestling like i have said 20 times now probably this is a football board not a wrestling board.

Are you that slow or what?

You asked what wrestling had to do with football and I have tried to educate you on the subject. If Maryville has the best Defense, Your hero Cody was stopped by the next best! BTW, didn’t he have better stats against the mighty Rebs?

panthers08,

I would much rather watch a football game with a ton of spirit and excitement from players making plays rather than primadonnas that walk off the field and don't shake someone's hand after a loss.

I can't wait until Powell comes down Emory Road for the annual show down. I bet Lee Smith doesn't shake hands with the opponent's after that game either.

Let D-1 schools look all they want, just remember they don't just look at what you do on the football field, they look at how you respond to adversity, what type of character you have, they talk to counselors, teachers, coaches, any one they can to find out any and all information about a potential player. AND SOMETIMES THEY EVEN WITHDRAW A SCHOLARSHIP when they find out negative vibes aobut someone's character.

Don't read anything into what I'm saying, just making a broad statement.

Where is HTV when you need him to defend the players, coaches, program at Powell?

Okay im a powell fan if you havent noticed, Marr. defense is pretty good, but 2nd best i highley doubt.

Ms. Govs, TN wont be withdrawing there offer neither will a couple other teams, I hope he doesnt go to UT and goes somewhere else but thats his choice. Lee wont be playing but if he goes where he wanted to last year he has a good chance at starting. I havnt talked to him but i just hope he doesnt go to UT

panthers08,

I would much rather watch a football game with a ton of spirit and excitement from players making plays rather than primadonnas that walk off the field and don't shake someone's hand after a loss.

I can't wait until Powell comes down Emory Road for the annual show down. I bet Lee Smith doesn't shake hands with the opponent's after that game either.

Let D-1 schools look all they want, just remember they don't just look at what you do on the football field, they look at how you respond to adversity, what type of character you have, they talk to counselors, teachers, coaches, any one they can to find out any and all information about a potential player. AND SOMETIMES THEY EVEN WITHDRAW A SCHOLARSHIP when they find out negative vibes aobut someone's character.

Don't read anything into what I'm saying, just making a broad statement.

Where is HTV when you need him to defend the players, coaches, program at Powell?

Well, they really don't need me to defend them. I don't agree with everything all of the Panther players and coaches do, but that's besides the point.

If you think Lee's scholarship offers are going to be withdrawn, you are sadly mistaken. In fact, his written offers are increasing every week.

Are you enjoying Clarksville?

Any player that lines up inside the box can be "cut" that is a perfectly legal block. Good try though. "Diving at the legs" isn't so much what they were doing as making sure their man didn't make the tackle. Learn the rules of the game before u complain about cheating.

By diving at legs and clipping i mean. Diving at the back of ankles and clipping.. please correct me if im wrong that is illegal?

BTW, didn’t Cody have better stats against the mighty Rebs?

You didn't answer the Question!

Maybe more of the Powell Players need to go out for the Wrestling team! :thumb::lol:

Cody built up his stats against our 3rd string . he played till the last snap in the 47-19 game . Enjoy your win , but don't start dragging Maryville into it , you don't want to go there .