Knoxville Area Teams Dominating Choo-Choo Town

rigger101

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little 2A Alcoa Beats this weeks top Chattanooga team. (McCallie)

Powell Beat McCallie!

WB Beats Ooltewah!

Ooltewah lost to FHS and OR last year.

Why the decline in Chattanooga Football?

...These things seem to go in cycles...Congrats to the Knoxville-Blount Co. teams...one thing I noticed...Fulton had several(6) Asst. coaches...Hamilton Co. has been cutting and losing coaches...this looks like it has caught up with the public schools in Chatt-town...as for Alcoa/McCallie...Alcoa is just an outstanding team!!!

...These things seem to go in cycles...Congrats to the Knoxville-Blount Co. teams...one thing I noticed...Fulton had several(6) Asst. coaches...Hamilton Co. has been cutting and losing coaches...this looks like it has caught up with the public schools in Chatt-town...as for Alcoa/McCallie...Alcoa is just an outstanding team!!!

Your probably right. I remember watching the rams dominate! Of course having big De didn't hurt.

Theres many contributing factors. For one that are tons of schools in the Chattanooga area, thus the talent pool becomes more dilluted. Second, Knoxville is arguably the regional powerhouse of football this year. Maryville is always great, Oak Ridge is always great, Alcoa is amazing at times. The town of Maryville is also a very appealing place to live. Chattanooga might grow overtime, but for now, Knoxville is dominate. Maybe population could play a factor?

I think a lot of it has to do with the mismanagement of the Hamilton County school system as a whole. Since coming in, Jesse Register has cut all "non-essential" programs, including athletics (assistant coaches, buses, uniforms, etc), arts (unless specifically designated an "arts magnet"), and even bookkeepers, support personnel, and teacher salaries. Eventually, everything in the system is running on overload and something has to give. Maybe things will change now that the good doctor has "retired".

I think a lot of it has to do with the mismanagement of the Hamilton County school system as a whole. Since coming in, Jesse Register has cut all "non-essential" programs, including athletics (assistant coaches, buses, uniforms, etc), arts (unless specifically designated an "arts magnet"), and even bookkeepers, support personnel, and teacher salaries. Eventually, everything in the system is running on overload and something has to give. Maybe things will change now that the good doctor has "retired".

Yes

Here is the other side in this debate...He tried to raise teachers salaries, not cut them. TCAP scores are going up. Our school system is being nationally recognized in many educational periodicals.

I'll get up Monday morning and continue to teach my heart out at a Benwood school that made AYP. The only thing that needs to change is the Anti-School four and their negative attitudes.

One last thing, go Oak Ridge! Beat the Owls and Trojans! <_<