Riverdale VS. Wilson Central

W.C.Wildcatfan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Alexander was approached about moving the game earlier this week and declined,Those WC guys have worked hard to play in a big game at home n they deserve it,i know ill be there standing if I have to.

If the game were to somehow turn out to be a disaster, logistically, that could create a problem come playoff time. I don't know if the 'adequate facilty' provision has ever come into play to move a playoff game but the rule is there. If this one did turn into a major problem then there would have to be some way to ensure that whatever problem was not repeated.

BTW, I expect it to be tight quarters but a great, great game for everyone involved. I seriously doubt that the crowd will be THAT big. Also, I'm just not sure what scenario could create a "disaster". Maybe someone waitng in line at the porta-potty and their bladder bursts? ;)

yes i also heard that they mentioned about moving the game to MTSU but coach A didnt want to.. and i see his point.. i mean why should he have to travel when its supposed to be their home game.. i think it will be a great atmosphere there.. and i ask the same question as thesportsreports... if we win can we rip the goal posts down?? haha.. well see everyone tomorrow and have a safe trip there also

Many people are asking about facillities at Wilson Central. To put it nicely. It's horrible. The seating for football is to small. There is bearly enough parking for the kids and staff wich is around 1500 total i think. The baseball, softball, and soccer fields don't even have lights or bathrooms. I am aware that they are in the process of correcting these problems and they should be fixed within a couple years if not this year. I hope that everything goes well this friday and wish both teams the best of luck. GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!

part of me thinks that the fact that we have small football facilities, might make the game atmosphere even better than if it were in a larger stadium.

either way, we were given permission to tailgate right after school but we have to be out of the reserved spots, so im probably not gonna leave school

I think the atmosphere will be better in the small stadium than it would be at MTSU. The folks at MTSU have been very good to the 'boro teams over the years but the stadium isn't a very good place for football.

It dosent matter if they have won 400 in a row those guys from 95 are in thier late 20s now,all that matters is the 2005 warriors and the 2005 wildcats.

There's a drive for all of these younger guys to continue the streak...they dont want to be the ones who are remembered who lost a region game after 66 straight had been won. Every Riverdale team strikes to be remembered as Blue Cross Bowl 5A State Champions and wear that ring, for them its not "must be nice" its "LETS GET IT."

So if history does matter, (which it does) Riverdale has that advantage over Wilson Central. But if its just about the 2005 Warriors and the 2005 Wildcats, Riverdale also has that advantage because they are the better team. Thats why Wilson Central are the underdogs in this game.

There's a drive for all of these younger guys to continue the streak...they dont want to be the ones who are remembered who lost a region game after 66 straight had been won. Every Riverdale team strikes to be remembered as Blue Cross Bowl 5A State Champions and wear that ring, for them its not "must be nice" its "LETS GET IT."

So if history does matter, (which it does) Riverdale has that advantage over Wilson Central. But if its just about the 2005 Warriors and the 2005 Wildcats, Riverdale also has that advantage because they are the better team. Thats why Wilson Central are the underdogs in this game.

ill give you that but wilson central is making thier history right now,wouldnt it be good to add beating a team w/66 regions in a row to the history books? i think that will drive wilson central as much as not losing drives r-dale

i think we'll see who the better team is on friday night...