Riverdale VS. Wilson Central

W.C.Wildcatfan

What's up guys....I will get straight to the point. First of all, I have witnessed both teams and there are some very evident things about both. Wilson Central has been quoted as being a much improved team from last year..actually they are a more convinced, confident, and competitive football team. They have not been the same team since last year's away win against Oakland. They have been able to execute against teams that they have had some problems executing as well against in the past.

This years Riverdale team is a team that works harder than some of their teams in the past. There, however, have been a couple of low scoring riverdale games (27-0/28-20) that have opponents very confident. Recognize...They had 2 touchdowns called back that would have made the lincoln co. score 41-0. They had 3 touchdowns called back that would have made the lavergne score 49-20. Twenty points was a lot of points for them to give up against one team....But remember that 14 of those 20 points came from long touchdowns on 4th and 10+ situations (hats off to Rodriguez).

I am saying all of this because the only factor that has been close to beating Riverdale is themselves. It is very hard for a team to get mentally prepared for teams that they don't think matches up, but thanks to the media, fans and players of Wilson Central.... guess who (Riverdale)will be very prepared.

Wilson Central runs misdirection, screens, hot passes, and a couple of plays up the gut. Guess what ... They are going to gain some yards and get some first downs. Riverdale mixes in numerous formations as well...MANY that you only see when the situation calls for it. But the truth is...THIS RIVERDALE TEAM WILL BE LIGHT YEARS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER TEAM THAT WILSON CENTRAL HAS SEEN THIS YEAR! For example, this team took a whole week of practice last week to work on nothing but fudamentals (to lower penalties). They spent very minimal time focusing on Dickson Counties schemes and won 35-0.Wilson Central get prepared...because I am afraid that you have done just a little too much talking about accomplishments that other teams have been doing for years; being 5-0.

PREDICTION: Riverdale by 30+

Very Good Post. :lol:

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to answer your question, your best bet is the burger. we have good burgers

also, i heard that on the game film, there was a play against Dickson Co where the DC player was run out of bounds, and then when he was out of bounds took a cheap shot from one of the Riverdale players (#39 i think). no flag was called, just wondering if anyone knew what was up with that?

Well, #39 is Chad Hunter. He got injured in the Lavergne game, and was rehabbing last week. I believe he did play very little against Dickson, so to me that would throw that late hit theory out of question. You never know though he could have, Im just saying it seems unlikely to me and if he did I didnt see it. But you think having one cheap shot on your team is bad, imagine what Riverdale feels like...for alot of teams thats all they can do to Riverdale. Review that game tape a little bit more and maybe you will find a cheap shot to us, but Im not saying that if Riverdale indeed made a late hit that it should have happened to justify one that was committed on them at a different time :lol:

What's up guys....I will get straight to the point. First of all, I have witnessed both teams and there are some very evident things about both. Wilson Central has been quoted as being a much improved team from last year..actually they are a more convinced, confident, and competitive football team. They have not been the same team since last year's away win against Oakland. They have been able to execute against teams that they have had some problems executing as well against in the past.

This years Riverdale team is a team that works harder than some of their teams in the past. There, however, have been a couple of low scoring riverdale games (27-0/28-20) that have opponents very confident. Recognize...They had 2 touchdowns called back that would have made the lincoln co. score 41-0. They had 3 touchdowns called back that would have made the lavergne score 49-20. Twenty points was a lot of points for them to give up against one team....But remember that 14 of those 20 points came from long touchdowns on 4th and 10+ situations (hats off to Rodriguez).

I am saying all of this because the only factor that has been close to beating Riverdale is themselves. It is very hard for a team to get mentally prepared for teams that they don't think matches up, but thanks to the media, fans and players of Wilson Central.... guess who (Riverdale)will be very prepared.

Wilson Central runs misdirection, screens, hot passes, and a couple of plays up the gut. Guess what ... They are going to gain some yards and get some first downs. Riverdale mixes in numerous formations as well...MANY that you only see when the situation calls for it. But the truth is...THIS RIVERDALE TEAM WILL BE LIGHT YEARS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER TEAM THAT WILSON CENTRAL HAS SEEN THIS YEAR! For example, this team took a whole week of practice last week to work on nothing but fudamentals (to lower penalties). They spent very minimal time focusing on Dickson Counties schemes and won 35-0.Wilson Central get prepared...because I am afraid that you have done just a little too much talking about accomplishments that other teams have been doing for years; being 5-0.

PREDICTION: Riverdale by 30+

shuttlesworth sums it up really well :lol:. But I dont think Riverdale will win by 30+.

i know what happened there it wasnt a cheap shot chad had just come out of the game and had his helmet off and the play came right at him when he looked up so he ducked his head in self defense that is all that was and the reason that he wasnt flagged for it was because his helment was off so it was a defensive position and he wasnt attacking the player. That is the true story but please go back to WC and tell them that after every play we always get that one extra hit and we take cheap shots at every opportunity

2P you brought a big tear to my eye when i saw the post with you stating "GP WARRIORS" i knew you would come around

GO WARRIORS

TDC you are more than welcome to meet us for a few hot dogs at the tailgate just pm me and let me know if you would like to join us LOD is planning on being there as well so if you want to just pm me and i will give you a few details

Edited by riverdaleman

i reall do not believe that any players from either team has been on here so to call either one cocky shows that u have lost touch with reallity

Oh I am not worried about their PLAYERS being cocky......it is the FANS. And when they can't be HUMBLE about defeating a struggling team that has suffered so much adversity in the media...then I have NO desire to SUPPORT them anymore as I have for the last 3 YEARS especially when their record was WORSE than ours and they were the LAUGHINGSTOCK of the state of TENNESSEE. If you think I have lost touch with reallity(?? I mean spell the DANG word right)..then so be it. I call it TELLING IT LIKE IT IS!!

GO WARRIORS!

i know what happened there it wasnt a cheap shot chad had just come out of the game and had his helmet off and the play came right at him when he looked up so he ducked his head in self defense that is all that was and the reason that he wasnt flagged for it was because his helment was off so it was a defensive position and he wasnt attacking the player. That is the true story but please go back to WC and tell them that after every play we always get that one extra hit and we take cheap shots at every opportunity

2P you brought a big tear to my eye when i saw the post with you stating "GP WARRIORS" i knew you would come around

GO WARRIORS

TDC you are more than welcome to meet us for a few hot dogs at the tailgate just pm me and let me know if you would like to join us LOD is planning on being there as well so if you want to just pm me and i will give you a few details

come on riverdaleman.. you know for sure that chad cheap shotted dude.. yes he was on the sideline with his helmet off.. so when dude came right for him (trying to slow down) he checked dude to the ground.. i mean dang he could have moved out the way.. i mean if it wasnt cheap then why did the DC dude look like he ran into a brick wall?? i mean i support riverdale but i also call it like i see it and pretty sure that was a total cheap shot.. i was actually suprised he didnt get up and get in chad's face but i guess he thought it would be stupid seeing he was in the middle of all the warrior players..