Riverdale VS. Wilson Central

W.C.Wildcatfan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdales 3rd team could hang with WC's starters!! I think with RHS's depth means that they will (and what they always do is) slow walk teams down. Late in the game RHS will just keep banging on you. Like someone else said they like to force things, meaning they like to smash a defense until they score, and most of the time they do score. but on the other hand, they can just jump on you quick early and make the other team play ketchup (catch up). and thats always hard.

Riverdales 3rd team? Come on man! Sounds like your one of the ones that still doubt that Wilson Central is even legit. At least give WC a little credit. They did beat a good Gallatin team and have come a long way from there "0 for" days. It's gona be a good game with a lot of athletes giving everything they got! Riverdale are the defending champs and until the lose they are just that. Champs. But to say there 3rd team could hang is just crazy.

Riverdales 3rd team could hang with WC's starters!! I think with RHS's depth means that they will (and what they always do is) slow walk teams down. Late in the game RHS will just keep banging on you. Like someone else said they like to force things, meaning they like to smash a defense until they score, and most of the time they do score. but on the other hand, they can just jump on you quick early and make the other team play ketchup (catch up). and thats always hard.

Look Riverdales first team will be up for this game. Theres no way their 3rd team can play with wc. This will be the last real "test" for riverdale until the playoffs. The rest of their opponents scheduled for the year have a combined record of 5-12 with symrna being the only .500 team. Im sure both teams will come to play and it will be a great football game!

Look Riverdales first team will be up for this game. Theres no way their 3rd team can play with wc. This will be the last real "test" for riverdale until the playoffs. The rest of their opponents scheduled for the year have a combined record of 5-12 with symrna being the only .500 team. Im sure both teams will come to play and it will be a great football game!

LOL, guys I was really playing about the 3rd team. I just like to get the WC Fans Fired Up, which doesn't take much!! (but the 3rd team wouldn't get beat too bad though)

I can't remember the last time I had so much fun reading a thread as I have this one (I guess that says alot about my social life huh? LOL) I would love to go to this game but I will be at the LaVergne vs Oakland game cheering on the Wolverines. I do hope the RHS/WC game will be on 104.5 so I can listen to it as I watch the LHS game. I really don't know which team to pick in the RHS/WC game because I have not seen WC play this year but they are obviously doing something right to still be undefeated. I suppose I will have to go with Riverdale in a close one just because they are defending state champs.

As I said a couple of weeks ago in a different thread, I really believe LaVergne could have pulled out the W against Riverdale IF they (IMO) had not had the imtimidation factor of going up against Riverdale for the first quarter and a half before realizing they could actually play at the same level as them this year. By the time they recognized that it was to little to late. Also, I said before, RIVERDALE DESERVES to have that intimidation factor most all of their opponents feel at the start of the games, they have earned it over the years. Until someone dethrones them and they break their winning streak (which could happen this weekend) then they will probably maintain that factor.

Remember, these opinions are mine and not necessarily that of the staff and management and cannot be rebroadcast or reproduced without prior written consent. LOL

GOOD LUCK to Wilson Central and Riverdale on Friday night and may both teams have a safe game. :blink:

To those planning on attending the Riverdale - Central game. FREE shuttle service will be available to the stadium from the Bridgestone / Firestone distribution center on Hwy. 109 -- just up the road from the Central campus.

IF you can drive on campus, parking will be a nightmare. Please consider using the shuttle service to avoid missing the kickoff. The stadium's seating area is very small for a 5A school. They are bringing in three or four small sections of portable bleachers from the adjacent softball and soccer fields but I feel this will be inadequate. You may have to arrive VERY early in order to get a seat. If you manage to park on campus -- be prepared for a long wait to get out of there. Maybe pack a sandwich and a beverage and tailgate AFTER the game.

Enjoy the game, but be prepared for long lines at the restrooms and concession stand. I hate to be the voice of gloom, but I want everyone to be aware of the circumstances before they get in there.

From what I have seen Miller is a really good running back, although there have been times i have seen him go down pretty easily. I think WC has a very aggressive D that likes to hit. Remember, WC is a much much much much better football team than last year. R'Dale, to me, does not look as good as in years past and LaVergne showed that they have kinks in their armor.

you guys need to realize two things

1) la vergne is for real this year.. arod is a great qb and knows how to run things.. they're a great team and played a great game

2) riverdale played the worst game ever against a good la vergne team.. i mean they had like 20 penalties for like 250 yards in those two games.. so you can not judge them from those two games.. look for them to be for real this week and i see them winning by atleast 14.. my opinion so dont jump on me but i know ill be there cheering on the warriors and wishing them the best..

i hope it is a clean game and no injuries.. good luck to both teams

As somebody that has seen Lavergne and wc up close lavergne is now where close to be as good a team as wc.

I have also seen film on several rdales games and they are no where near as good as last year. If it comes down to "having " to throw versus occasionally throwing on play action they are in trouble.

A good point was made earlier that wc does not run the wing t that is absolutely correct they run mis direction with a lot of passes, reverses.screens.

wc reminds me talent wise of brentwood a few yrs ago. no huge stars but very solid every where.

It all ends friday night and if you don't think the Lavergne game did not plant that seed in riverdales mind that they may not be invincible then you are mis taken.