Riverdale VS. Wilson Central

W.C.Wildcatfan

I completely left out the part where WC will want it more. That has to be worth another 3 points.

WC 38 Riverdale 3.

This one is getting out of hand. Hopefully the Warriors can pick up the pieces and move on.

You also have to add in that WC is an "up & rising program" and RHS is on the decline. That has to be atleast another 3 points for WC.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting game coming up this week. For WC to win, they need to keep things between tackles--Riverdales Defense is very strong and fast to the ball. Must be able to pass. Use those tall recievers to your advantage. Riverdales DB's will be fast, but not very tall. The biggest key for you guys to win, will be your line play. Lebanon out played and out rushed Riverdale last year because of line play, turnovers for TD's are a killer though. Keep turnovers at zero. I'm for WC, but riverdale hasn't been beatin in the the district since this region was formed. You could be the first. Last thing, both teams will meet again in the playoffs. Most likely third round. Good luck to both and may both teams keep injury free.

Why is everyone living in the past. Wilson Central is as well-coached a team as you will see in this area. Having Coach Elrod and Coach Aric on that staff was a coup for Coach Alexander. Riverdale certainly will not play a better coached team this season. The Warriors has an outstanding football team, but I do wonder a little bit about Scott Thomas. What happens if they get down in a game. Can he throw to bring them back. Riverdale is a pretty vanilla offensive football team, probably because they can just overwhelm most people with their physical talent. But from what I have seen from them the past few years, they just line up in the I and run power stuff and delay draws to Gaston and hit the fullback in there really good. That is the thing about this Central team, they don't force things, and they are balanced. Scott is a very efficient QB and Williams, Hardy, and Bryant make plays in the passing game for them. Henry, Hardy, and Lopez run tough and can keep you honest. I really think the key in this game is how Wilson Central deals with Riverdale's front. They are the most athletic team that Elrod's attack has had to play against and some of the wide plays that have been so effective against some other teams may not be against Riverdale. I think WC's best chance is to come out throwing in the quick game and control the clock that way. I love Wilson Central's team, but I believe they may have a hard time containing Gaston and Tamar.

Riverdale 27 Wilson Central 16..............but I hope I am dead wrong.

Riverdale based on the riverdale posters here have

the best head coach

the best assistants

the best players

the best depth

the best history

the best tradition

the best uniforms

the best equipment

the best fan support

the best cleats

the best helmets

the best mouth pieces

the best anything you can think of

so

they should win easily and once again if they don't based on their own fans statements as noted above all the coaches should resign on the spot if they lose.

wc 28

riverdale 21

wc can stop the run and riverdale can not win with throwing.

the best head coach

the best assistants

the best players

the best depth

the best history

the best tradition

the best uniforms

the best equipment

the best fan support

the best cleats

the best helmets

the best mouth pieces

so

they should win easily and once again if they don't based on their own fans statements as noted above all the coaches should resign on the spot if they lose.

wc 28

riverdale 21

HAHAHAAH.................82cat..........you definitely know your Riverdale fans!!

the best head coach

the best assistants

the best players

the best depth

the best history

the best tradition

the best uniforms

the best equipment

the best fan support

the best cleats

the best helmets

the best mouth pieces

so

wc 28

riverdale 21

What are you talking about? I am a Riverdale poster and I have not said anything remotely close to what you stated. Why I even picked WC 38-3. I can not believe you made such a generalized assumption about Riverdale posters. :(

ookay how are you going to say someone's past has to do with how they will do THIS YEAR? that will just make central want it even more! HONESTLY how many years did central lose? for like 3 years they didn't win a game and you don't see that holding them up now do you? NO its not! So please don't sit on here and compare the past. THE PAST IS THE PAST and this week, we will see.

Central- 28

Riverdale-24

The only bad thing about some of the comments in this thread is that Riverdale players may just step it up a notch and decide to play. However, even if they take this game seriously, WC may just be the most athletic team. It is hard to beat better athletes, but with the tradition and the will to win that Riverdale has, I will have to give Riverdale the edge.

Riverdale 28

WC 27