Riverdale VS. Wilson Central

W.C.Wildcatfan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL, WELL, WELL the game of the year (regular season) has finally arrived!!!!! My wife is going to set up a little grill for me to eat at the stadium i do not get off work until 5:15 and i learned last year you better get there EARLY or you have to sit on the WC side.And we all know i dont want to do that again.

As far as the game, few questions then i will make my statements.

why is it that there has been 30 points scored against all year and you think a running team is gonna come in there and get 28-30 points against us in one game having said that it is possible for WC to win but it better be a LOW scoring game it better be 14-10 or somthing close to that If the combined score is in the 50s like a couple people have predicted it will be a blowout game and it will be riverdale with a blowout getting most of those 50 points I AM NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM WC THEY ARE A VERY GOOD TEAM AND WE WILL SEE THEM AGAIN IN THE PLAYOFFS i am not saying that we WILL blow them out it is my understanding that WC has developed a passing attack which should be fun we have a great coaching staff with some VERY experinced players who are tired of hearing how beatable they are even though they havent lost in a year and a half. THEY WILL BE FOCUSED and RIVERDALE WINS THIS ONE

RIVERDALE- 28

WC - 7

i think WC might sneak in a touchdown but could very well be a shut out

Ok I just jumped on this board and I read back a couple pages where it said the misdirection offense(Wing-t) gives Riverdale trouble, well let me take you back to the 2001 state title game where Hendersonville ran the Wing-t and they had but 1 first down in the game and 75 yards of offense. I was at RHS for 4 years and of all the teams that ran that stuff we pounded. and the bold prediction that Riverdale will get beat 35-7 is crazy, the last time riverdale got beat that bad was in the 2000 state title game and well a running back by the name Gerald Riggs was the RB in that game, and you know where he is right now. Ya'll better bring it cause I know Riverdale will. I'll be at the game

RHS c/o 2002

I was looking at the WC schedule on the TSSAA site. Is this WC's first home game since week 0? Wow! That just raises the ante on this one a little more.

Riverdale has played a couple very strong running teams this year in DC and Kilbourne. The Kilbourne offense was an impressive mix of finesse and power that will prove very helpful in preparing for the WC wing-T.

Riverdale is giving up 5 points per game and WC is giving up under 8 points per game. The again, both teams are averaging over 35 points per game. Something has to give. I expect a defensive struggle and still think 19-13 Riverdale.

well, considering WC & Riverdales history, this game should be a blowout. and what do you mean by miller didn't do good vs the wing t?

ookay how are you going to say someone's past has to do with how they will do THIS YEAR? that will just make central want it even more! HONESTLY how many years did central lose? for like 3 years they didn't win a game and you don't see that holding them up now do you? NO its not! So please don't sit on here and compare the past. THE PAST IS THE PAST and this week, we will see.

Central- 28

Riverdale-24

ookay how are you going to say someone's past has to do with how they will do THIS YEAR? that will just make central want it even more! HONESTLY how many years did central lose? for like 3 years they didn't win a game and you don't see that holding them up now do you? NO its not! So please don't sit on here and compare the past. THE PAST IS THE PAST and this week, we will see.

Central- 28

Riverdale-24

OooooKay.......the past is past. Now you have to realize that unless you have a whole new offense from the one you had last year then it might be a repeat of last year. THIS years R'dale Defense is even better and faster than the defense of last year that held y'all to 0 points.

As to offensive weapons, you have a multitude to prepare for. There are TWO complete backfields that play and have scored this year. 'If' the run don't work straight up then we can pass or run around your ends.

OK, now you pass or punt or kickoff. We can score that way also and have done it all three ways this year. Y'all do remember the kickoff from last year don't you?

Better not drop the ball either. We tend to score that way also.....ALOT!

The BEST part of it is the fact that ALOT of what y'all will be facing are JUNIORS and can see them again next year!

See y'all Friday night!

OooooKay.......the past is past. Now you have to realize that unless you have a whole new offense from the one you had last year then it might be a repeat of last year. THIS years R'dale Defense is even better and faster than the defense of last year that held y'all to 0 points.

As to offensive weapons, you have a multitude to prepare for. There are TWO complete backfields that play and have scored this year. 'If' the run don't work straight up then we can pass or run around your ends.

OK, now you pass or punt or kickoff. We can score that way also and have done it all three ways this year. Y'all do remember the kickoff from last year don't you?

Better not drop the ball either. We tend to score that way also.....ALOT!

The BEST part of it is the fact that ALOT of what y'all will be facing are JUNIORS and can see them again next year!

See y'all Friday night!

and once again like i told you? Central doesn't harp on the past! they don't re-live moments in games from last year or even LAST week. They shake it off and go on. I bet if you asked someone from central they dont even remember half of what happened in the game last year? Cuz like i said THEY DONT HARP ON IT. so talk all you want about THEIRpast on here. Its not affecting them in any way. Only making them look forward to the week even more!

&& yes SEE YOU FRIDAY!

Well since I was there they have added a few kinks into the offense, with the shotgun and a few other formations. But when I was there we ran mainly one back and I-formation. And I'm sorry if my info. was wrong but I was goin off posts I had read in the pages before hand. But I will stand by on thing even IF Riverdale loses it will not be 35-7.

For awhile i have seen you talk about Central going to lose from week to week and so far you have always been wrong, I mean maybe you just dont like Central but, in all honestly you are probably going to wrong this week!! It will be a good game, but i think Central will tak Riverdale 28-7!!!

I don't remember me saying that WC will lose?

Central- 28

Riverdale-24

Hey Just, read the post from leethal a couple of pages back, and you will see why I said the thing about the history. I was actually being sarcastic about the history thing , I agree with what you said.

I have been looking forward to this game for a long time now. I didn't expect so many picks for wilson central but everyone wants riverdale to lose. I keep seeing scores like 35-21, 28- 17. It wont be a high scoreing game if wc wins, and riverdale wont blow them out unless wc gets sloppy late. Should be a great game

Riverdale- 21

Wilson Central- 7

too many athletes!!!!