Waverly at Riverside

rods

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly will be coming to Riverside for their Homecoming.

what are your thoughts? Lets hear them.

I think by looking at the last few games by both teams

and the way riverside played waverly last year.

Riverside wins BIG! Very BIG!!

Wow! Congrats to Riverside on a big win over A-ville last night . I think with the way Riversides defense is playing right now , it will not be close ( after about 5 min. ) Waverly is improved , but they are not in the same league with Riverside. The starters for Riverside should bring chairs , because after halftime , it would be good for the waverly players if they arent in there. Que up the dance music, and have the gym ready, the players should be rested for some dancin !

I dont know much about Riverside, except that they can score. Waverly's defense has stepped up quite a bit in the past three weeks, where Waverly did win. Last night they shut out a struggling Mont. Central Team and the week before they didnt let adamsville get the "big" play that they needed, thru the air or on the ground. The only thing i'm worrie about is special teams, they stepped up last night big, scoring a TD off a punt return, and also their puner did a great job, puttin 2 or more punts inside the 20. Our line is a lot better, also....after all that, No Predictions yet :thumb:

I think it's going to be a very nice homecoming for Riverside.

Last 3 games for Riverside...

vs Richland > scored 35 points

vs Houston Co > scored 35 points

vs Adamsville > scored 47 points

These boys are on a roll!

Just comparing scores, Waverly appears to be in trouble. Richland soundly beat Waverly 28-14 in Week 2 with Waverly scoring a touchdown in the closing moments. Waverly's wins over Houston County and Adamsville were both in overtime. So on paper it doesn't appear the game will be close. BUT the Tigers have shown steady improvement and are playing with much more intensity and emotion. They may not be able to upset Riverside on their Homecoming, but look for the team to be ready to play. The excitement is back in the Waverly football program.

I think the panthers will win this one. They need to keep playing like they have been the last 3 games. I hope that Smith will be back to normal for the game. Everyone has been playing so well. I am so proud of all of them. Wonder who they will kick to? Looks like we are pretty good at returning kicks back for TD's. Waverly is a good team, I don't think our guys will be overlooking them this week. Practice hard this week Panthers!!!!! See you at the game. :thumb:

Waverly is very strong on defense. Yes, Richland beat the Tigers in week two but the Tigers looked as though they were only going through the motions in that game. Some of the guys had told me that they were still reeling from playing AAAA Hickman County into double overtime before losing and just weren't in the game. But since then the only thing that has kept Waverly games close was the fact that Waverly had lots of penalties and turnovers that kept games close. Yes, they barely beat HOuston County but held them to 39 total yards. They beat Adamsville in OT but held them to 169 yards and 75 came on one play. Last night beat AAA Montgomery Central at MOnt. Central 13-0. Look for a close game with the Tigers pulling it out in yes, their 4th overtime game tying a state record. :thumb:

from what iv heard bout riverside, if we can beat them this week, we should be able to beat just bout any one else we face.....waverly had troubles in their second week againts richland mainly because of their first game bein so close then to lose it when we thought we had it won....but since then our defense has really started showin a lot of improvement...so i think we'll probably be testin riverside's punter out......we should keep the score close and may be able to pull it out in a couple of overtimes, as long as we keep the turnovers and penalties down......look to see a shocker

Waverly: 21

Riverside: 20 F/3OT

Go TIGERS!!! <_<