CARTER VS SEYMOUR

qbsdad

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS PROBABLY FOR THE REGION CHAMPIOSHIP.CONTRARY TO WHAT MORRISTOWN EAST WANTED TO BELIEVE CARTER IS A PRETTY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM.AS LONG AS THE HORNETS KEEP THEIR HEADS OUT OF THE CLOUDS I LIKE THE HORNETS IN THIS ONE CARTER 42 SEYMOUR 13.

Contrary to what you might think it is obvious to anyone with half a brain that the so-called M-East posters who were downing Carter were Hornet posters trying to give the team and coaches a little locker room poster fodder to try and fire up their troops. Notice that the new posters that were telling of the film watching were new to coachT never posting about East before, and one not even knowing the names of the Cane players. Now if you have watched film you are most likely a coach, and I can tell you East coaches are not stupid enough to run down an opponent on a message board before the game. My guess is that those posters will possible show up on this thread under a different name of course posing as Seymour fans.

If you are good gbsdad, as a team, or as a player, it unnecessary to constantly tell the world about it on a message board, anyone who cares, which is most likely less people than you think already know.

THIS IS PROBABLY FOR THE REGION CHAMPIOSHIP.CONTRARY TO WHAT MORRISTOWN EAST WANTED TO BELIEVE CARTER IS A PRETTY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM.AS LONG AS THE HORNETS KEEP THEIR HEADS OUT OF THE CLOUDS I LIKE THE HORNETS IN THIS ONE CARTER 42 SEYMOUR 13.

Good Post! I agree that Carter should win this one. Too many athletes for Seymour I believe. Avoid turnovers, and the score should be close to your prediction. If Seymour jams the box, Stanton will have a field day throwing it over the top. Contrary to what other posters believe, the folks jawing about Morr. East seemed to know the roster pretty well. First big test? Didn't turn out that way.

Good Post! I agree that Carter should win this one. Too many athletes for Seymour I believe. Avoid turnovers, and the score should be close to your prediction. If Seymour jams the box, Stanton will have a field day throwing it over the top. Contrary to what other posters believe, the folks jawing about Morr. East seemed to know the roster pretty well. First big test? Didn't turn out that way.

It is funny if the folks jawing about Carter being overated, and how it was going to be a big test, and how they looked on film were East fans they didn't even know the names of their own team members. So if they knew the east roster so well why did they mention names of players that don't exist? They had never posted to an East thread before, and most likely will not in the future. Don't be so gullable.

Carter has a nice team. They should go into the Fulton game undefeated, and may beat a Fulton team that is struggling. I am sure it feels good to be where you are at now instead of getting pounded by the likes of Central, Powell, and Maryville each year. I wouldn't get too excited about beating a injury decimated East team that has two wins on the season against two teams with a combined record of 0-10. BTW I have seen Carter the last three years, and the Littlejohn kid is a player, and in my opinion the one Hornet that scares most teams defensive coordinators.

It is funny if the folks jawing about Carter being overated, and how it was going to be a big test, and how they looked on film were East fans they didn't even know the names of their own team members. So if they knew the east roster so well why did they mention names of players that don't exist? They had never posted to an East thread before, and most likely will not in the future. Don't be so gullable.

Carter has a nice team. They should go into the Fulton game undefeated, and may beat a Fulton team that is struggling. I am sure it feels good to be where you are at now instead of getting pounded by the likes of Central, Powell, and Maryville each year. I wouldn't get too excited about beating a injury decimated East team that has two wins on the season against two teams with a combined record of 0-10. BTW I have seen Carter the last three years, and the Littlejohn kid is a player, and in my opinion the one Hornet that scares most teams defensive coordinators.

A lot of good points here. I don't believe anyone is getting too excited. We, some of us, simply don't know what lies ahead or how good Carter is. My point was simply to say that many people, some with knowledge and some without, predicted a loss or a very close game. We all know that didn't happen. Beating a team with injuries does not ever give you a good idea of how good you are. Carter fans are happy to be in a district with other schools its size as any school would be. There will always be people posting about things of which they have no knowledge.

EVERYONE KEEPS MENTIONING THAT CARTER IS GLAD TO BE BEATING UP ON THESE 3A SCHOOLS.3 OF CARTER'S 5 WINS HAVE COME AGAINST 4A SCHOOLS GO FIGURE.

Well dad carter is where they should have been for a few years now. They have a good team, and i am in no way trying to take away from their accomplishments, but with the likes of claiborne county, union county, gibbs, and at least this year rutledge you got to admit it should be a cakewalk for carter in your region. And you said that three of your wins have come against 4A teams which is true, but can you compare cocke county 0-5, south doyle 2-3, ( with wins over 1-5 gibbs, and 1-5 clinton ) and morristown east 2-3, ( with wins over 0-5 david crockett, and 0-5 volunteer ) with the likes of central, maryville and the other 4A teams you played in the past? Regardless of classification the records at this time of all of carters 2005 opponents is a combined 16-36, a far cry from the region they played in before. Now i'm not a carter fan but if i were i would certainly be happy to be where i'm at now ( probable region champs ) and have the post season playoffs to look forward to than to be in the stacked region they were in before and possibly out of the playoffs.

Carter should win this one. Seymour does, however; have some athletes that may pose a threat to the Hornets type of D. I know I can't prove it by the Sevier Co. game, but Seymour is not a bad ball club. My prediction: Seymour upsets Carter in a low scoring game 10 - 7. Next week Seymour goes to Pigeon Forge thinking they've conquered the world, and gets beat 13 - 6. Then the world, not to mention the region; is turned upside down. :blink: