Cumberland Gap @ Happy Valley

Shotdoc

This is a big one for the boys from CG. They are coming off a big win Fri. against arch rival Claiborne, 37-6. Happy Valley is coming off a loss to a pretty good Johnson Co. team, 20-14. Both teams are undefeated in region 1 2A. You got two pretty good defenses going up against two pretty good offenses. This one will be a dog fight, with whoever wanting it more in the end coming out on top. Once again, defense will be the factor in this one. Who will stop who in the air. HV threw the ball 55 times against Johnson Co. last week and CG threw it 25 times against Claiborne. So we know both teams can and will air it out. Also, another key will be who can get a running game going. CG also rushed for 145 yds vs. Claiborne. Not sure about HV but I think they got a couple of very talented running backs. HV blew out CG last year 41-0. That should linger in the Panthers' mind when they take the field on Friday night. It outta be a good one!!! Better bring a sleeping bag though, this one could last all night!!!! :D I think that the Gap will play good enough D and come out on top in this one, though it will be a shootout!! They are hungry!! ;)

CG-35

HV-28

Panther Pride!!!!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think hv controls this game. as hungry as cg is, hv is prolly at least a little hungrier. hv has been on a mission to win the conference championship for years and its finally within grasp. this is also a little bit bigger for hv, because it is homecoming. i think hv comes out and has a game alot like the one they had against pittman and click on all cylinders. davis, lowe, and caldwell all have big games and the d has cgs qb on his back all night.

hv 42

cg 14

That's a fair assumption. Homecoming, big crowd, region champs, HV clicking. I think the Gap's o-line might surprise ya a bit. It's a little tougher to get to hoskins than you would think. What about HV's line, can they protect very good? I don't know much about them. And do you think they will try to run the ball against CG? I still think CG wins in the end, but it will be close. :(

CG-35

HV-28

Panther Pride!!!!!!!

That's a fair assumption. Homecoming, big crowd, region champs, HV clicking. I think the Gap's o-line might surprise ya a bit. It's a little tougher to get to hoskins than you would think. What about HV's line, can they protect very good? I don't know much about them. And do you think they will try to run the ball against CG? I still think CG wins in the end, but it will be close. :thumb:

CG-35

HV-28

Panther Pride!!!!!!!

HV's line has not given up a sack all year. They threw the 54 times against JC ran maybe 7

Happy Valley will win this one I think. They knocked off the pre-season number 1 in Gatlinburg Pittman and I dont think the Warriors will slip and let Cumberland Gap beat them. Caldwell is a great quarterback and he has some pretty solid receivers to throw to and if I am not mistaken they still have a couple good running backs this year. Their defense is solid from what I hear. I have seen Cumberland Gap play this year and they really didn't impress me. Yea they looked good, but not District Championship good. I am not a fan of either team so I am not cheering for one or the other. I just feel Happy Valley is too powerful for the Panthers. Good luck to both teams. Just curious how many of the 54 passes were completed and to which receivers?

Will this be the game for 1st place in District 1 for this season? I still can't believe that North Greene is for real.... What do you think. If CG wins they will be #1, if they lose, it could be Happy Valley, or if SG pulls off a W against Happy Valley later, it will really be a horse race. It seems to me that CG and SG have played the tougher schedules thus far.

What do you think will happen Friday night at Happy Valley?

Happy Valley will win this one I think. They knocked off the pre-season number 1 in Gatlinburg Pittman and I dont think the Warriors will slip and let Cumberland Gap beat them. Caldwell is a great quarterback and he has some pretty solid receivers to throw to and if I am not mistaken they still have a couple good running backs this year. Their defense is solid from what I hear. I have seen Cumberland Gap play this year and they really didn't impress me. Yea they looked good, but not District Championship good. I am not a fan of either team so I am not cheering for one or the other. I just feel Happy Valley is too powerful for the Panthers. Good luck to both teams. Just curious how many of the 54 passes were completed and to which receivers?

I think 26 should have been more JC left the middle wide open entire game. just throw it thier enough. #1 was open almost every route. I think swafford had 12 and garland cose to that.

This is going to be a great game. I have seen both teams play and they both do a good job on offense and defense. From what I have seen, I give just a small nod to Cumberland Gap in this one.

The offense of C.G. is getting harder and harder to stop each game. That doesn't mean Happy Valley isn't capable of winning, or even dominating. I just think right now C.G's offense is running a lot smoother than H.Valley. J. County was able to shut the running game down early making H. Valley throw the ball more than they looked comfortable doing.

I don't put much into homecoming stuff, espically since the winner of this game is # 1 in the region. Region champs is a lot more motivating than homecoming. Good luck to both sides.

Which ever defense prepare's the best is going to win.

Cumberland Gap by 2 (I probably will change my prediction later this week)