Covington No. 1 in 3A

Cam4747

Covington is ranked No. 1 in Class 3A for the first time in several years. They've beaten some quality teams like Haywood, Brighton and Raleigh-Egypt, and have a possible showdown with No. 2 Dyersburg next Friday. They have a rich tradition with two finals and one semifinals appearance the last five years. Still, it seems like their name rarely comes up when discussing the best teams in the state. Why is that?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Because the two times they did play in the 'Boro they got destroyed by Portland and Fulton.

I agree that Covington is a great football team that will be a major player in 3A this year but if they do get to Murfreesboro they'd better show up to play or they'll keep getting overlooked.

Because the two times they did play in the 'Boro they got destroyed by Portland and Fulton.

I agree that Covington is a great football team that will be a major player in 3A this year but if they do get to Murfreesboro they'd better show up to play or they'll keep getting overlooked.

Good point. But in West Tennessee and even Covington, people keep saying they're not as good as they have been, even though they're 5-0 and have a great opportunity to run the regular season table. It will be interesting to see how things go if they manage to win their next five games, which seems very possible.

Covington is indees worthy of their ranking. This is a program which year in and year out is solid, and goes deep into the play-offs. As for the game tonight, at OC, all I can say is the Chargers better be ready to play, for I think you will find the Rebels are ready for the challenge. But yes Covington should be where they are, till someone knocks them off.

Covington will no longer be #1.

The final at Troy.

Obion County......17

Covington............7

Covington held to under 175 yds of total offense.

Obion County had over 100 more yards than the Chargers.

The Chargers are tough and fast, but they can be beat!

:blink:

Seems like Central must be putting it all together the last 3 weeks..Congrats to the Rebels from a Lake Co Falcon fan...