Best team in the Chattanooga Area

awfl

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the thoughtful excuses and, most importantly, you might lose! I have a feeling that all this might be a mute issue in a few years after the TSSAA has its head handed to it by the courts. In the meantime, we can dream.

You know, with all those thousands of dollars that was paid for your McCallie education, I thought you might know the difference between a "mute" and a "moot" issue.

Anyway, it's quite obvious that Ooltewah isn't afraid of losing, because they have plenty of other good teams on their schedule, three of which are in the top ten of 5A according to the AP poll (which Ooltewah have gone 2-1 against).

McCallie's opponents might have a better overall record, but Ooltewah has definitely played against better teams, who in turn have played against better teams and maybe don't have as good an overall record as McCallie's opponents.

No matter, if it wasn't McCallie talking about strength of schedule, it would be Red Bank talking about overall record or some of other school giving other asinine reasons of why they're better. Unfortunately, the season's not long enough for the top team to play every contender, but any impartial survey of the situation would have to name the Owls as the best Chattanooga area team.

You know, with all those thousands of dollars that was paid for your McCallie education, I thought you might know the difference between a "mute" and a "moot" issue.

Anyway, it's quite obvious that Ooltewah isn't afraid of losing, because they have plenty of other good teams on their schedule, three of which are in the top ten of 5A according to the AP poll (which Ooltewah have gone 2-1 against).

McCallie's opponents might have a better overall record, but Ooltewah has definitely played against better teams, who in turn have played against better teams and maybe don't have as good an overall record as McCallie's opponents.

No matter, if it wasn't McCallie talking about strength of schedule, it would be Red Bank talking about overall record or some of other school giving other asinine reasons of why they're better. Unfortunately, the season's not long enough for the top team to play every contender, but any impartial survey of the situation would have to name the Owls as the best Chattanooga area team.

I'm proud that you weren't "mute" while I made a typo between mute and moot.

I suppose you're correct. That's why they schedule that powerhouse Chatt Central because we all know they're always a contender.

Edited by uncfan13

I went to a private school in middle school and my first year in high school then went to Ooltewah and then went back to a private school. Private schools are better, the kids that dont like private schools are the ones that have never been to one. Potter is a better coach than Monroe. Ooltewah players arnt scared of McCallie but no one from McCallie is scared of Ooltewah and thats why they dont play. Personally i think Ooltewah would win this year but it would be close because B.J. Coleman is a lot better thn Zach Woods. At baseball and basketball :lol:. Ooltewah wouldnt even have scheduled Boyd the last few years. As for Notre Dame, they moved up to 3a so they wouldnt have to play Tyner and Boyd(a school with 350 students). Notre Dame plays no one at all and is not one of the top teams in chatt.

I went to a private school in middle school and my first year in high school then went to Ooltewah and then went back to a private school. Private schools are better, the kids that dont like private schools are the ones that have never been to one. Potter is a better coach than Monroe. Ooltewah players arnt scared of McCallie but no one from McCallie is scared of Ooltewah and thats why they dont play. Personally i think Ooltewah would win this year but it would be close because B.J. Coleman is a lot better thn Zach Woods. At baseball and basketball :lol:. Ooltewah wouldnt even have scheduled Boyd the last few years. As for Notre Dame, they moved up to 3a so they wouldnt have to play Tyner and Boyd(a school with 350 students). Notre Dame plays no one at all and is not one of the top teams in chatt.

Notre Dame was moved up because of the multiplier, please get your facts straight. East Ridge and Polk are not bad teams. They will see in the playoffs what they have, against the likes of Fulton or Austin East.

Yea, I could see how when you were trying to type two o's and a t, you just happened to hit a u, a t, and an e. A typo indeed.

And how long do we have to explain that the Chatt Central game is one of importance even if one team is having a down year? It's just like McCallie and Baylor playing. Would either team not schedule the other if they were having a down year (like Baylor going a spectacular 1-3 against opponents with winning records)? Of course not, because that game is important due to the rivalry and the history behind it, just like the Ooltewah-Central game. They are very close in proximity and have the same feeder school.

And, for the record, I'm not against private schools. I went to a private school for a lot of my elementary education and my little brother is at Notre Dame now. I wouldn't mind seeing Ooltewah play private schools at all myself. What I am against are elitist schoolboys who think the price tag that came with their education somehow makes them smarter or more cultured than us lowly public schoolers, which I think is patently untrue.

And I don't necessarily see how private schools are "better" than public schools. Perhaps you could explain?

Yea, I could see how when you were trying to type two o's and a t, you just happened to hit a u, a t, and an e. A typo indeed.

And how long do we have to explain that the Chatt Central game is one of importance even if one team is having a down year? It's just like McCallie and Baylor playing. Would either team not schedule the other if they were having a down year (like Baylor going a spectacular 1-3 against opponents with winning records)? Of course not, because that game is important due to the rivalry and the history behind it, just like the Ooltewah-Central game. They are very close in proximity and have the same feeder school.

And, for the record, I'm not against private schools. I went to a private school for a lot of my elementary education and my little brother is at Notre Dame now. I wouldn't mind seeing Ooltewah play private schools at all myself. What I am against are elitist schoolboys who think the price tag that came with their education somehow makes them smarter or more cultured than us lowly public schoolers, which I think is patently untrue.

And I don't necessarily see how private schools are "better" than public schools. Perhaps you could explain?

Where did I ever say that private schools were better than public schools? Find it, somewhere. What I asked was that Ooltewah play one of the better private schools in Chattanooga. That's it. The rest is just to get a rise out of you guys which is so easy to do, it ought to be illegal. Just suggesting that a McCallie Ooltewah football game would generate tons of interest and be good for high school football in Chattanooga immediately generates lots of class c__p which, although entertaining, doesn't answer the simple question, "why won't Ooltewah schedule McCallie". I really don't care where you went, when you transferred and what your stinking grades were. I just want a see what would probably be a very good football game which is blocked because Ooltewah's principal has a mad on for private schools.

Where did I ever say that private schools were better than public schools? Find it, somewhere. What I asked was that Ooltewah play one of the better private schools in Chattanooga. That's it. The rest is just to get a rise out of you guys which is so easy to do, it ought to be illegal. Just suggesting that a McCallie Ooltewah football game would generate tons of interest and be good for high school football in Chattanooga immediately generates lots of class c__p which, although entertaining, doesn't answer the simple question, "why won't Ooltewah schedule McCallie". I really don't care where you went, when you transferred and what your stinking grades were. I just want a see what would probably be a very good football game which is blocked because Ooltewah's principal has a mad on for private schools.

no the only thing you keep saying is that ooltewah is scared to play mccallie and doesn't want to and all that crap....not one person on ooltewah's team has that feeling so its pointless to say that