DB @ Sevier County

ArtVandalay

That's the back door I am taking. 2 years ago, I made it to the Sevierville Exit in 50 min, then and hour later I was parking and missed the kick-off. Never again.

Oh, by the way.... I was looking at the results from the past 5 games in this series, all DB wins... Since the '2000 Season. DB has scored at least 35 points in every game, and has averaged 38 pts in those 5 games. While giving up and average of 13 pts. Last season, DB defeated Sevier County 38-0 in Kingsport. The last trip to Sevier County was in in 2003, the score was 35-10... again I missed the kick off and had to set on the Sevier County Side (along with several from Kingsport), as the DB Side was FULL OF INDIANS.... expect the same crowd to travel for this Region 1 5A Battle.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Clark has occassionally dressed a freshman (or two or three) with the varsity during the playoffs; the last one I remember playing was #91 Jamarr Sensabaugh @ the TE position...I believe he even caught a couple of passes in a playoff game...there may be a couple of freshman who dress out if the Indians reach the playoffs, but I don't think anyone but "they" is even remotely thinking about that sort of thing right now...Sylvester is doing an outstanding job on the freshman team, as is Willis, Baker, Bateman, Crawford and many others (freshmen beat Sevier County 25-10 last night in Sevierville)...patience guys, patience...

and Art, #20 started 8 games last year as a sophmore (2nd to Pappas in games started last year by sophs)..

Let's focus on Sevier County, a team @ 6-1, playing at home, they have a lot of size, confidence, and good speed...probably the most multiple offense we will have seen...Coach Brewer does a great job with the Smoky Bears...and everyone who lives in the cleavage of Dollywood realizes the importance of this game in regard to playoff positioning...Sevier County is ranked 9th in the state in the latest AP pole...

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

For a Frosh to play for DB would be out of the norm for Graham Clark. I asked him about that very thing during the summer @ the Baseball Fields. He told me that Freshman, especially at the 5A level, need more time to mature, both physically and mentally. He mentioned how it would be awful to see a gifted athlete have major injury because they were forced to play as a Freshman. I agree. Heck, as deep as this years Junior Class is for the Indians, very few of them played regularly as Soph's on the Varsity. I can think of 3, Pappas , Brandon Thompson and Coty Sensabaugh.

If you want to look way down the road at someone who may challange the Freshman Varsity rule, look at Sevier 7th grader, Chris Sensabaugh. Chris was held back a year in Elem. School, he is bigger, stronger and faster than almost anyone in the 9th grade, now. He is the 8TH Grade Starting TB, Middle LB and plays on all Kick Teams. He never comes off the field. He has those EYES!!

Enough about players not playing this week. DB has a long road trip this week, if you plan on attending the game, get started by 5:00. Traffic in Sevierville is awful. It is best to come in the back way, if you know how.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Art there is nothing wrong with starting people as Freshmen on the Varsity if they are that good. Prior to the year 2000 OR had never moved a freshman up to the varsity.Then coach lussier and staff moved Cory Booker (2000-2003) and Spencer Gulmire (2002-2005) and look at how both of their careers has/had progressed because of playing on varsity as freshmen. anyways back to DB-SC this should be a good game as the Bears seem to have a good team for the first time in a few years. I say DB wins this one closely

Roll Cats Roll

Edited by OR632003

Art there is nothing wrong with starting people as Freshmen on the Varsity if they are that good. Prior to the year 2000 OR had never moved a freshman up to the varsity.Then coach lussier and staff moved Cory Booker (2000-2003) and Spencer Gulmire (2002-2005) and look at how both of their careers has/had progressed because of playing on varsity as freshmen. anyways back to DB-SC this should be a good game as the Bears seem to have a good team for the first time in a few years. I say DB wins this one closely

Roll Cats Roll

I for one really wished that the OR coaches wouldn't use Freshemen like Booker and Gulmire...or Sophmores!...or Juniors!...or Seniors!!!! DB fans have had a close up look at these two guys run for what seems like forever. And after one great runner leaves another steps in and picks up the torch. What are they being fed down that way? :thumb:

I have heard nothing but good things about the Smokey Bears team this year, big and strong is always mentioned. How is your QB? The Bears always have a QB that can sling it around. How about your running backs?

Looking forward to this Region 1 5A Battle

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

SCHS now has #1 QB back. (Chaney) He split time with #2 (Watson) at Crappy County last week. Played ok considering the 5 week layoff. 2 TD passes no int's about 120 passing yards. Watson didn't throw much but had maybe 50 yards rushing from QB position. RB is by commitee. They play 6 FB/TB. They have a good mix a couple of well over 200 lb. FB and smaller speed backs at TB. Watson when he is at QB also fits into this mix he is very dangerous running the veer from under center and from the shotgun. Not as big a arm as Chaney but he throws well enough to keep a defense from forgetting the pass when he is at QB. Wouldn't be suprised if he played QB the first series. When not a QB he is a dangerous slot receiver. # 7 Feezel and # 11 Pippin are also dangerous at receiver. Feezel's height at least 6-3 makes him tough to cover. Pippin has pretty good speed.

Defensively it is essentially a 3-3-5 look. WB and Halls had some success moving the ball. WB gained about 200 yards in the first half of game 1 then was shut down.

Halls scored 14 points on a blocked punt that set up a 15 yard td drive and then a fumble at the 20 on the next posession. Halls other td was on a 30 yard td pass on a qb scramble. Halls did a good job moving the ball between the 35's and eating clock. Also that was the 1st QB start for Watson. Since game 2 nobody has moved the ball very well. Granted Karns, S-D, S-H, Seymour and CC aren't the Indianapolis Colts but 24 points allowed in last 5 games is pretty decent.

Obviously this game will decide the region. Barring a rash of serious injuries the team that losses should win out and finish 2nd.

Skunk, sorry about missing #20 as a Soph Starter, Jo Jo is one of my favorite Indians. I hear Luke Bennett, Matt Creech and Sam McCord are all back from injuries, in practice... Open Date in the middle of the Season is the way to go.

DB may have trouble with the Smokey Bears Passing attack, and the Indians may be chasing their WR's all night long. But, the DB Defensive Backfield have come up with big plays all year, one or 2 may make the difference. A strong pass rush including Blitz, Blitz, Blitz may be the Tribe's best option.

This may be a shootout before it is over.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

The Honky Tonk Man is fired up!

Loved the comment about the DollyWood Clevage btw.

What a great battle is being staged in the gip joint capital of the south.

I reckon ifin dem boys are healthly let 'em play no doubt they be studs,but I wouldn't be so quick to fix what aint broken.

The Power I seems to be a werkin well and Beau has gots him some confiendence, things are startin to click.

The D-Fence is Bionic!

The Tribe Shakes , Rattles, & Rolls Friday Night!

DB 30

SCHS 17

Yup! Yup! Riding the bus Friday night! Roll Tribe Roll!