MUS Vs. CBHS

brooks45

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah cbhs won't score a point until the fourth quarter. good running backs don't seem to do much against mus this year. the cbhs defense isn't as good as mba or ba's and i can't see them staying within twenty five of mus.

This is a huge rivalry game; I would look for it to be closer than a 25 point margin.

Any predictions for this big DII rivalry

As stated before last weeks game, They can turn Park loose and let him pick them

apart and score quickly on there drives and therefore the game will be over by

end of 3rd 42-0

Or try to run the ball risking turnovers, penalities etc. and clock eating drives but

still wins 17-7. ( with there great DEFENSE they win either way) But why let CBHS

stay in the game and risk letting Harris break one or two runs late.

After seeing them last Friday shutdown BA and Park & co excecute in the passing

game(best I've seen in a long time)and hearing the same thing happened @ MBA the 1st 3 quarters the offensine cord. should just ask Park what he wants to do.

Again this kids a big time QB and why hold him back, like in baseball he can dominate a game pitching.

OWLS 42-0 (if turn Park loose with tremendous D)

OWLS 17-7 (if play slow but good run game)

I have had the chance to see both teams play this year and I disagree with most of these posters. This game will be the game of the year a packed house and both schools put it all on the line friday night. I am calling the upset the Wave have already won a game on the road in the toughest place in the city to play, Melrose. CBHS goes into Friday night and wins a VERY close game.

that's what i like to hear. CBHS will not be blown out by MUS. This is our biggest game of the season that will either put us in for a state title bid or just another good year of football with a decend winning record. i think that after not visiting Vanderbilt Stadium since 1999, CBHS is too hungry for a spot in that game. MUS is the game to prove that and i know that we have the will to win, we just have to make it happen on the field.

that's what i like to hear. CBHS will not be blown out by MUS. This is our biggest game of the season that will either put us in for a state title bid or just another good year of football with a decend winning record. i think that after not visiting Vanderbilt Stadium since 1999, CBHS is too hungry for a spot in that game. MUS is the game to prove that and i know that we have the will to win, we just have to make it happen on the field.

the will to win and the talent to win are two different things. I believe that CBHS has alot of talent, but i dont think that they have the playmakers to win. they lack a real offensive playmaker, especially when MUS is so strong against the run.

If MUS bottles up Harris, then the game could very well get ugly- cause MUS boasts on of the strongest secondaries around and i dont see CBHS passing on MUS, especially when their passing game is sub-par. And Micheal Park certainly comes into his own as a leader on offense.

If you compare CBHS to D2 they lost to MBA at MBA, where MUS beat MBA at MBA 24-0. Indeed, this is the most anticipated game in memphis on Friday. But if you look at the comparisons their passing game is not very good, they rely primarily on Henry Harris. Look how MUS has done against the run this year. But I do not believe this game will be a blowout, I believe that MUS will pull it out strictly because of talent and coaching.

this just in, melorse isn't the best team in memphis(they haven't been for two years). i don't think cbhs will be making it to the blue cross bowl let alone out of this game with a win.....but who would be disappointed about not getting to go to murfreesboro??

Who said Melrose is the best team in Memphis? Now to say they haven't been in two years may be debatable. Going 14-1 last year losing to Maryville 7-6 in the championship game in my opinion is a pretty good platform to argue that they may have been the best team in Memphis. With that being said Melrose is definitly the hardest place to play like ridgeway rowdy stated earlier, and I must say that I don't think the Brothers will lay down for anybody. In my opinion they will get beat but maybe not as bad as everyone thinks.

this just in, melorse isn't the best team in memphis(they haven't been for two years). i don't think cbhs will be making it to the blue cross bowl let alone out of this game with a win.....but who would be disappointed about not getting to go to murfreesboro??

Prediction: MUS 24 CBHS 7

I believe that MUS will win because it has a great PASSING game, coupled with the ability to run the ball. .

I saw CBHS defeat Melrose. CBHS has a good RUN defense, but does NOT defend the pass well--its pass defense needs a LOT of work! Plus, its offense is not that much more balanced than Melrose's ONE DIMENSIONAL (run) offense... Incedentally, CBHS' lone score vs Melrose came off a short field, due to a Melrose botched punt.

Consider this: CBHS shut down Melrose (for 3 full quarters) because Melrose did NOT have a passing game, AT ALL!!! CBHS (and EVERYBODY else) knew this, going into that game! Therefore, it stacked 7 or 8 guys in the box and DARED Melrose to beat it via the PASS. Predictably, Melrose's QB's couldn't throw an accurate pass into an ocean--they had receivers WIDE open, but simply could not throw an accurate pass (not even close), even when NOT under duress! Melrose simply could not RUN or Pass, most of the night.

PASS defense AWOL: In the 4th Qtr vs. CBHS, Melrose switched to last year's starting QB, began running a SPREAD offense....it suddenly EXPOSED CHBS' weak pass defense. Madison (who is NOT known as a great passer, by ANY stretch of the imagination) came into the game and promptly shredded up CBHS' secondary like it was swiss cheese, as he completed pass after pass... Melrose drove deep into the red zone, but countless penalties and turnovers doomed its chances...Plus, Melrose had a 4th QTR punt return called back, due to a penalty.

SUMMARY: CBHS survived Melrose. It will NOT survive MUS..... CBHS will NOT be able to "stack the box" against MUS! MUS is more disciplined, balanced and has a better kicking game than Melrose. CBHS simply will not be able to contend and keep pace.

NOTE: Based on its performances so far, I agree-- Melrose is not the best TEAM in Memphis! Sure, Melrose likely has more talent and overall team speed than most squads; it takes MORE than that to win BIG games vs. quality opponents, though.

Edited by TraderB